Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 389

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 2850172 times)

GenericUser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #645 on: July 22, 2018, 04:11:45 pm »

Will we have the option join an existing villainous plot, say if we proved our loyaty to a villain?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: July 22, 2018, 04:14:50 pm »

Will we have the option join an existing villainous plot, say if we proved our loyaty to a villain?
That's what the final paragraph about adventure mode villainy says, so yeah!

GenericUser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: July 22, 2018, 05:08:03 pm »

If I’m reading it correctly, then it was talking about creating plots, not joining them. So, shrug.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: July 22, 2018, 05:35:13 pm »

If I’m readcing it correctly, then it was talking about creating plots, not joining them. So, shrug.
Ah, yeah, you're right.
Hopefully this will be a thing. You can join bandit camps and become a vampire's hearthperson already so seems reasonable.

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: July 22, 2018, 05:55:46 pm »

Would you consider releasing a version of your standalone myth generator prototype, like you showed off at GDC? I imagine that people would appreciate something to check out during the Big Wait.
Id also like to know about this, Id love any chance to mess around with it before its finished.

Third'd. Not sure how much of a pain compatibility and such would be, but I think most people would be happy and figure out work arounds if it was just thrown out there as-is.

As a followup to my previous question on underground cave rivers, will the terrain rewrite hypothetically allow for subterranean civilizations? The current iteration of subterranean animal people don't work too well as of the latest version, but they were pretty bare bones to begin with. Could this allow for them to be a little closer to normal civs if only in terms of being able to build sites underground?
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: July 22, 2018, 09:23:01 pm »

Huh. The devlog about villainy actually reminded me of That Which Sleeps. Which makes me a little sad, but also very excited about the possibilities in the upcoming updates.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: July 22, 2018, 10:34:28 pm »

Huh. The devlog about villainy actually reminded me of That Which Sleeps. Which makes me a little sad, but also very excited about the possibilities in the upcoming updates.
What is That Which Sleeps?
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: July 22, 2018, 11:08:40 pm »

Kickstarter game that didn't work out. Was supposed to be a grand strategy game where you play as the ancient evil awakened after being sealed away and trying to take over the world. It's a good idea and it's sad that it seems like it'll never be.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: July 23, 2018, 02:19:03 am »

:
As a followup to my previous question on underground cave rivers, will the terrain rewrite hypothetically allow for subterranean civilizations? The current iteration of subterranean animal people don't work too well as of the latest version, but they were pretty bare bones to begin with. Could this allow for them to be a little closer to normal civs if only in terms of being able to build sites underground?
Presumably, the map rewrite should set the stage for the underground as well. However, the actors won't just magically appear out of that, but instead there'd have to be work specifically for the civs, and I'd expect there would be two different branches to that:
1. Playable underground civ (extremely deep dwarves?) and as part of more or less weird world settings. Some M&M arc, but might not necessarily make it into the first one (and if it does, it might be bare bones).
2. Tribal people implementation, where peoples live in some kind of tribes. This would primarily be animal people, although I don't see any reason why there couldn't be "primitive" human/dwarven/elven/goblin/odd RNG creature tribes as well, once the mechanics are in place. Underground tribes would really just be a special case of combining an underground setting with tribal people. If I understand it correctly, tribes will have to wait until civ/law/customs.

Beag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: July 23, 2018, 12:03:40 pm »

1. What do you think will be the full extend of possible rewards a villainous player could get for working for villains as their agent in their schemes in the upcoming villain fleshing out update? Like how many possible rewards can you list off the top of your head, please tell me.
2. If you are an agent of someone else can you still continue the branching chain of command by enticing with money or positions some subordinate agents to work for you to continue your master's plans?
3. Could being an agent for someone be a possible way to gain a civ level position as stated as one of the pre myth and magic release candidates?
4. Can you give me some examples of what agent missions would be like?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 12:06:59 pm by Beag »

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
  • Cease hostilities? Never!
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: July 25, 2018, 07:15:10 pm »

1. With the introduction of better adventure mode party mechanics, has the idea of the possibility to spar with a party member to help gain levels in combat skills come around, and will this be possible even if you recruit someone after making the party?

2. After creating the party and adventuring out, will we be able to switch between newly recruited members?

3. If pets are possible.. will there be a update to let adventure mode players tame creatures?

I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: July 25, 2018, 07:21:29 pm »

2. After creating the party and adventuring out, will we be able to switch between newly recruited members?

The devblog seems to indicate that you won't be able to, "...if a character is in your official starting party, you can swap control between them freely..."
but would be interested to hear why. Perhaps it's just the gaping rabbit hole that thoughts such as 'well, if you can take over some historical figures, why not all of them...?' might lead to.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 07:23:09 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

pink_belt_dan_52

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: July 26, 2018, 09:37:38 am »

You mention that you're using agreements instead of an entity for villain networks; I wondered if there was any mechanism planned for switching between the two?

For example, if a villainous group keeps adding layers to its network, it could end up with enough influence that the player might naturally think of it more like a civ they were at war with.
Perhaps a bit too suggestion-y, but maybe it could also work the other way: the leaders of a dying civ plotting to get revenge?

Dorfson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: July 26, 2018, 09:44:30 am »

Perhaps a bit too suggestion-y, but maybe it could also work the other way: the leaders of a dying civ plotting to get revenge?

I am looking forward for this villain update. It will add so much to the Legends, that is actually my favorite game mode.

From there I believe that is just a step further for more complex politics, governments and wars.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: July 26, 2018, 10:41:44 am »

I feel the same way. I get excited about any update that I think will add considerably to in-game storytelling potential.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 389