Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 390

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 2892529 times)

DudeeDew

• Bay Watcher
  • Creature — Human Peasant
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #1065 on: October 09, 2018, 01:15:15 pm »

My questions are mostly related to adventure mode.
1. Will NPCs use dual-wielding? Will dwarves in the fortress use two weapons at once and simultaneous dual-wielding attacks?
2. How good will the disguise system be made? Will it be possible to use magic and special tools to disguise oneself? Like fake beards, made-up scars, for instance, or even a comlpete full-body illusion that makes a human appear and talk as an elf.
3. Will it be possible to effectively impersonate someone to gain some benefit of their position? Like giving some bad orders to the army of your enemy civ and stuff.
4. Will the language ability get some use in the game? So that people will talk among themselves in their native lang and using "common" to talk to others (if they know it), and the player character won't understand anything unless he knows the specific language.
4.1. Also, in case this is implemented, will different civs of the same race have slightly (or strongly) different languages?
5. Haven't really encountered it so far, so I'll ask: will different civs of the same race wage war against each other?
6. Will we have explosives (magical or normal) to use as a mining and/or military tool? Will invaders use tham to destroy dwarven fortifications?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 11:10:51 am by DudeeDew »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: October 09, 2018, 01:20:36 pm »

You already can make multiple attacks at the same time.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: October 09, 2018, 04:08:50 pm »

1. When playing necromancer or vampire in adventure mode will we be able to promise our companions/random people secrets of life and death/eternal life to get them as our minions (if their goals are the same/similar with the promise)

1.1 Will we be able to turn our whole adventure party into vampires/necros with their agreement?

This will probably have to rely on how well the controls handle and whether lures of power/rewards to motivate and enroll villians makes it into the main overall game for fortress mode worldgen. It'd probably be no different to just asking someone to join you on your quest as a follower to check whether they like the proposition &/or are not busy being duty-bound to a local site job.

2. Will loyal adventurers that were with you through some fights with beasts/gobbos/etc. attack you if they find out that you are a vampire/necro?

Interesting question, but im pretty sure there's already some mechanics with you being a nighbeast versus other people's knowledge of it, knowing its you though might hinge them into turning a blind eye, i dont know, Toady will have to answer that one. Especially if you attack, eat & devour your followers in a fit of were-beast induced mania without remembering what'd happened or they crawled away escaping i imagine it might be a good bet the next time you meet them they are hostile.

3. Will we be able to do mischief in fort mode? Make agents, send them to elven forest and make them start a war with humans/do something else

4. You were talking about villains that have a goal but will there be villains without one? Villains whospread chaos/agony/pain? Force of nature Villains as they called. That category might fit demons or beasts[/color]

- Its sort of implied yes, but not a lot of news in regards to self made mischief.

Spreading agony/chaos/pain is still a goal, even if its a vindictive one, maybe they just want to destroy the balance of order in the world, affect a sphere rather than rule over the ashes, it does sound more supernatural though, mortals have mortal concerns with rulership than a immortal diety like being.

DudeeDew

• Bay Watcher
  • Creature — Human Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: October 10, 2018, 12:32:44 am »

You already can make multiple attacks at the same time.
It is, yeah, I forgot that, how stupid of me. I'll delete that from my question.
EDIT: on the second thought, I should change the question instead.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 03:15:36 am by DudeeDew »

Real_bang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: October 10, 2018, 09:11:37 am »

More thinking about next update brings me more questions. In one of your interviews you said that adventurer can actually talk the demon lord out to change his values to love life and he wont go to wars anymore. Will we be able to talk the villains out (just regular rulers, dont think that itll work on vamps or necros) so they will understand that they went on the wrong path and war is actually bad (not if its a war with elfs though) so they will stop scheming and begin normal righteous life. Asking about the next update or updates before the big wait ofc

Also what major bugs are you going to fix before the big wait?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 12:24:18 pm by Real_bang »

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: October 10, 2018, 08:17:52 pm »

Because I think our thousands of individual threads for accounting would be way easier with how many meters of thread or how many square meters of cloth. Litres of water would make me feel more comfortable than three waters.

Do you plan on adding measurement units for values? Metric? Would civs have their own measurements?

Though learning that every new gen might end up being just a drag for players...
In a time before time, I had a name.

falcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: October 10, 2018, 09:28:36 pm »

I made it through a vault and now I have a cute new friend made of filth and grime. What will "befriending" such a creature mean for its role as a villain? Will it still generate schemes for its home civ? Can it be made to very easily influence the civ it is/was running? Will people notice its run off with that supposed monster hunter from Far Away Civ and elevate a new ruler? Could it be switched to using the swapping between adventures interface upon it joining your party (since it is a pretty big investment to get)? If it's sent off screen can it do its own schemes? And please oh please can it try to have its controller assassinated?

I feel like once there's more sense of antagonism possible my friend wouldn't be so friendly in the arrangement we have now. I wouldn't in that position. It certainly seems to want to fight about the nuance of every value, so maybe it'll never really trust me enough to control it directly even if it's compelled to tag along to the extent it is now.

Also, I've gotta say, vaults are a pretty fun dungeon after all my time lost in sewers. Those levers have me so excited for the future.

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: October 11, 2018, 05:57:20 am »

Do you plan on adding measurement units for values? Metric? Would civs have their own measurements?

I thought Urist was the Measure of All Things.  :P

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: October 11, 2018, 06:28:25 am »

If only we could agree on the pronunciation.

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: October 11, 2018, 03:25:37 pm »

Let's use heuristic technique.  :D

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: October 11, 2018, 06:10:35 pm »

Let's use heuristic technique.  :D

Ow. My brain.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: October 12, 2018, 01:55:00 am »

Maybe should see an acupuncturist.

quekwoambojish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: October 12, 2018, 10:03:09 am »

Will Bogeymen be used in Villain plots?
Or will they be removed fixed in myth and magic release?

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: October 12, 2018, 10:17:19 am »

They would make no sense in a procedural magic system, so bogeymen will be replaced by procgen things.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

quekwoambojish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: October 12, 2018, 01:32:46 pm »

They would make no sense in a procedural magic system, so bogeymen will be replaced by procgen things.

That’s what I’m hoping and what I’m thinking as well, but it was my belief they were going to get looked into during the night creature changes.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 390