Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 389

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 2851274 times)

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #1875 on: April 09, 2019, 02:11:38 am »

Yeah the "supernatural villains" thing caught my attention as well. Can't wait to hear what that's about. :D
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #1876 on: April 09, 2019, 06:43:32 am »

I imagine supernatural villains is about the existing nightbeasts realizing they're nightbeasts and have powers they can utilize... Like, preferring to use their powers on their enemies, or in the case of vampires, have an obsession with family in particular.
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: April 10, 2019, 05:00:51 am »

I think he might be talking about demons. A demon plotting to start a crime ring is a little underwhelming.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: April 10, 2019, 06:15:08 am »

I think he might be talking about demons. A demon plotting to start a crime ring is a little underwhelming.
That was my first thought. Demons should get up to all kinds of demonic stuff.

Still, simple plots by necromancers to start wars between nearby civs would be interesting too.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: April 10, 2019, 07:05:02 am »

That was my first thought. Demons should get up to all kinds of demonic stuff.

Still, simple plots by necromancers to start wars between nearby civs would be interesting too.
The latter is the example Toady gave during his Villains talk at Roguelike Celebration.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: April 11, 2019, 04:33:20 am »

In Adventure mode, will we witness bribe attempts (bribe or any other form of corruption) ? And will we be able (if we can) to interfere with them ?

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: April 11, 2019, 04:55:29 am »

Even better if the necromancers bolstered their ranks with the casualties.  However, it can be a narrow window between battle ending and corpse haulers cleaning it all up.  So that would fall into the more complex plot category.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: April 12, 2019, 01:13:12 am »

Do you plan to have the agents of villains use seduction as another method of manipulating people, or will that be limited to just flattery?

Seeing as we'll have these networks of agents and corrupted position holders and such, and we'll likely see the player being able to take a position on top of that hierarchy, I can't help but see some parallels with LCS. Terrible pickup lines probably don't have a place in DF, though. ;P
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: April 12, 2019, 02:21:09 am »

Do you plan to have the agents of villains use seduction as another method of manipulating people, or will that be limited to just flattery?

Seeing as we'll have these networks of agents and corrupted position holders and such, and we'll likely see the player being able to take a position on top of that hierarchy, I can't help but see some parallels with LCS. Terrible pickup lines probably don't have a place in DF, though. ;P
Terrible pickup lines and awful poetry have already been threatened for the adventurer relationship arc (whenever that may be - long time probably).

Death Dragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: April 12, 2019, 08:55:51 am »

"... with the ability (upcoming in a bit) to expose most of the factors in the decision-making to legends mode."
Very interested in seeing more of these legends mode changes.

Does "bribery" include promising to share the secret of life and death with someone or is that not in the current version yet?
Actually, I assume that will be part of the "supernatural" villains stuff that is coming up next.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 09:17:12 am by Death Dragon »

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: April 12, 2019, 02:03:36 pm »

Ok how to write this:

What about threatening to out someones prior misbehavious (existent or not) to particular people. Say if someone embezzled funds and a conspirator would threaten to make this public unless that someone did XYZ.

[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #1886 on: April 12, 2019, 03:01:23 pm »

Hm... that sounds much like a suggestion, but I guess what you're wondering here in the first place is how blackmail functions in game? Because that's often related to revealing information about someone they wanted to keep private. So ask about that?

It's nice to see that we'll get all sorts of interesting info about the villains in the legends/xml. I do hope a little that the sites and entities pages get reworked as much as the character pages were, currently they already fill up with all sorts of spying activity which makes it a little hard to see the less frequent activities.
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: April 12, 2019, 04:16:10 pm »

Does "bribery" include promising to share the secret of life and death with someone or is that not in the current version yet?
I'm also very curious, so let me extend the question: Would vampires and other intelligent night creatures be able to offer sharing their curse as reward or create criminal organizations composed only of their brethren?
In a time before time, I had a name.

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #1888 on: April 13, 2019, 01:51:38 am »

I'm also very curious, so let me extend the question: Would vampires and other intelligent night creatures be able to offer sharing their curse as reward or create criminal organizations composed only of their brethren?

The villains talk mentioned by Knight Otu had necromancers taking apprentices under the premise of sooner or later granting them the secrets of life and death. And yes, this included having the apprentices being agents for the necromancers in exchange.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: April 13, 2019, 08:19:59 am »

Oh, now that you talk about it I remember reading about it. Do you remember anything about the vampires?
In a time before time, I had a name.
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 389