Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 389

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 2850079 times)

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #2505 on: October 29, 2019, 07:52:10 pm »

When villains update will be finished and/or downlodable?

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: October 29, 2019, 08:06:42 pm »

Hopefully within the next month or two, but that's hardly a sure thing. Toady has never really done release dates beyond a rough estimate because with a game like DF it's hard to predict how long things will take.

Also, questions for Toady should be posted in lime green. Easier for him to find.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: October 29, 2019, 08:55:59 pm »

When villains update will be finished and/or downlodable?
The last official announcement in which Today stated his schedule was in April 2018 when he said he'd take up to six more months before moving on to the Big Wait.

So...yeah, you can see why he doesn't make his scheudling public more often...

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: October 29, 2019, 09:28:18 pm »

Is there any kind of balancing in terms of destressors you guys are planning?

Looks like they're planning to tackle it sooner rather than later. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=174931.msg8047476#msg8047476

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: October 29, 2019, 09:51:36 pm »

Will butchering sentient corpse bug solved in Villains Update?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2510 on: October 29, 2019, 10:09:50 pm »

Take a look at the bug tracker. Hundreds of bugs. Many major. Many not at all major and you probably wouldn't notice them if you weren't trying to mod that one specific thing. Like this one.

The answer will be maybe. And since it has nothing to do with the release features and won't aid new Steam players' qol, the chances of it happening are very low (but not zero).

The next time this bug will be part of development will be when ethics get replaced with something more flexible. Might even be during Mythgen I guess.

Doorkeeper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: October 29, 2019, 10:14:03 pm »

This bug is already reported on the bug tracker (1180 or 9171). It's not a high priority for this update.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 10:36:50 pm by Doorkeeper »

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: October 30, 2019, 12:15:09 am »

Quote from: Toady
will also allow the new w.g. features like divorce and multiple lovers to happen in fort mode.

Does this mean that dwarves can remarry and continue having children?

For that matter, will it be possible for people to adopt babies if their mother dies? Because this is one of the saddest things to watch in a game. I had one dwarf get depressed and just left her baby crawling around outside, calling, "Mama!..." It tears me up a bit thinking about it. For reals.
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: October 30, 2019, 12:19:02 am »

will also allow the new w.g. features like divorce and multiple lovers to happen in fort mode.

For that matter, will it be possible for people to adopt babies if their mother dies? Because this is one of the saddest things to watch in a game. I had one dwarf get depressed and just left her baby crawling around outside, calling, "Mama!..." It tears me up a bit thinking about it. For reals.

First part yes. That's what it does. Read the devblog for stories of divorce, remarriage and multiple lovers. Age of marriage was also improved so it's not +-10 years any more but something more complex.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: October 30, 2019, 03:31:29 am »

First part yes. That's what it does. Read the devblog for stories of divorce, remarriage and multiple lovers. Age of marriage was also improved so it's not +-10 years any more but something more complex.
With "something more complex" being that the older party has to be within 10 years of age of the younger, or within 1½ the age of the younger, whichever is greater. Thus, a 400 year old elf will be able to marry a 600 year old one, while a 12 year old dorf is able to marry a 22 year old one (i.e. the same as before).

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #2515 on: October 30, 2019, 06:23:34 am »

Is there any kind of balancing in terms of destressors you guys are planning?

Looks like they're planning to tackle it sooner rather than later. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=174931.msg8047476#msg8047476
Yeah, I know, I posted in the thread already. I was more wondering if alongside the new stressors there are also new destressors, instead of only balancing the existing stress.
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
« Reply #2516 on: October 30, 2019, 06:56:36 am »

Ah. Gotcha.

==== Edit
Quote from: Toady One devblog 30/10/2019
Next up here will be the appointment of priests, often following petitions from (a sufficient number of) worshippers.

In the first iteration, will priests have duties they perform or is it limited to satisfying worshipers by occupying the position?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 06:19:48 am by DG »

kontako

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: October 31, 2019, 05:17:44 pm »

G'day!

It was mentioned in the steam dev-blog:
"If you use the arrest power in a ridiculous fashion, you'll see your fort turn against you, whether there's a villain there or not"
Could you expand on this?
Assuming it creates some hostility between dwarves which are 'loyalists' and others which rebel, if said rebels win do we continue to control the fortress under their government?
"Confederacy of Businesses"?! By Armok's Blood! These Communist animals are CAPITALISTS!
"This town ain't big enough for the two of us, turkey"
*gobbles menacingly*

Mort Stroodle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: October 31, 2019, 06:13:06 pm »

Kobolds and snatchers always get stopped from stealing anything because someone immediately sees them and they leave or get killed. Will villains have some more sneaky way to steal stuff and do their dirty work? What's to stop someone from seeing the thief the moment they walk through a main hallway with artifact in tow, rendering them a hostile and initiating a great dwarven dogpile? If you've got some other system in mind for sneaky thievery, will kobolds and snatchers be able to make use of it?

Death Dragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: November 01, 2019, 02:16:07 am »

Do villainous infiltrator agents show up as visitors or also as migrants?
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 389