Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 388

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 2838179 times)

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #2550 on: November 08, 2019, 09:04:32 pm »

I am sorta wondering that if decorations are what makes the temple, what makes the crafts-guild.

It would certainly be cool if there were differences, say only statues and engravings improving temple status and only fancy furniture for crafts-guild status, or whatever.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: November 10, 2019, 11:03:38 am »

I am sorta wondering that if decorations are what makes the temple, what makes the crafts-guild.

It would certainly be cool if there were differences, say only statues and engravings improving temple status and only fancy furniture for crafts-guild status, or whatever.

Knocking over statues, even vague ones like frogs dancing and playing lutes is already a offense to the gods (in general, hah!) to be struck down by a curse specifically in shrine/temple areas if its toppled. Defilement of any religiously tied statue or statue tied to negative consequences or provokation (or you might say, a destroying a religious idol to eliminate their power) with such a system of recognising its relevancy is interesting but would probably only be half implemented.

Rather than just going along as saying that start hammering a protective seal or plaque/images of dieties on everything will protect you against that singular type of supernatural threat.

only fancy furniture for crafts-guild status, or whatever.

Besides the past, it's been tightly guarded what they actually do in dev log's so far, though fancy furniture would be maybe typical and slightly dissapointing since you can just remain a elective mayorship to mostly avoid pushy nobles as is. I think it probably won't be much in the way of demanding things, but we'll see if it ends up with exotic requests like the Dungeon Keeper (of old's) hardcoded demands to have chains ready to tame animals.

Criperum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: November 10, 2019, 11:18:58 am »

Is there a possibility to start a "war" between two vilians? Especially between player-vilian and AI controlled one?

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #2553 on: November 10, 2019, 05:15:07 pm »

Can player necromancers create the new constructed undead that you added a month or so back? What about the intelligent undead?

It would be a little odd compared to the rest of the game for the player necro to be incapable of one of the major things necromancers can do given the way you have treated inconsistencies like this previously(usually from what I’ve seen you don’t let these sorts of inconsistencies into your game (And I think that’s for a good reason))
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 07:40:29 pm by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Criperum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: November 10, 2019, 06:07:10 pm »

Can player create a plot just to use it's powers to fight another plot?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: November 10, 2019, 06:12:23 pm »

Can player necromancers create the new constructed undead that you added a month or so back? What about the intelligent undead?
Constructed undead abominations, no (September fotf).
With the adventurers as villains content, and the new actions necromancers and demons (with the death sphere I presume) can do in creating experimental creatures and undead types, could player necromancers do the same things when it comes time for adventure mode villainy?

Toady:
Death Dragon: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=169696.msg8004710#msg8004710
Shonai_Dweller: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=169696.msg8017739#msg8017739

Yeah, as suggested in the replies, it's a bit out of scope.  It isn't an 'interaction' in the way the other powers are, because it's presumably occurring through some process that has additional inputs over time, etc.  We'll be sorting these more complicated bits out with the magic stuff.

Intelligent undead lieutenants, yes. (June fotf).
Will player necromancers be able to create intelligent undead and if so how much of a corpse is required for it? For example could we make an intelligent zombie severed head?

Toady:
Yeah, you can raise them.  The resurrection fitness function has always required a central part (the upper body in most cases), to avoid the historical figure from ever being attached to two separate creatures (which would crash the game currently, but we'd like to support in some way later, for various weird situations.)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 06:21:02 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #2556 on: November 10, 2019, 08:57:37 pm »

Constructed undead abominations, no (September fotf).
With the adventurers as villains content, and the new actions necromancers and demons (with the death sphere I presume) can do in creating experimental creatures and undead types, could player necromancers do the same things when it comes time for adventure mode villainy?

Toady:
Death Dragon: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=169696.msg8004710#msg8004710
Shonai_Dweller: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=169696.msg8017739#msg8017739

Yeah, as suggested in the replies, it's a bit out of scope.  It isn't an 'interaction' in the way the other powers are, because it's presumably occurring through some process that has additional inputs over time, etc.  We'll be sorting these more complicated bits out with the magic stuff.

Intelligent undead lieutenants, yes. (June fotf).
Will player necromancers be able to create intelligent undead and if so how much of a corpse is required for it? For example could we make an intelligent zombie severed head?

Toady:
Yeah, you can raise them.  The resurrection fitness function has always required a central part (the upper body in most cases), to avoid the historical figure from ever being attached to two separate creatures (which would crash the game currently, but we'd like to support in some way later, for various weird situations.)
Thats a shame, would have been an awesome addition. He did add summoning as an interaction type if i recall a devlog so that could have been a placeholder stopgap. Ahh well.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 08:59:20 pm by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: November 11, 2019, 11:54:57 am »

How looks harpy and ogre eyes? How ogre and harpy see?

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #2558 on: November 11, 2019, 11:59:56 am »

With the eyes their raws inherit from the generic [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_HEAD_POSITIONS]. I think someone more familiar with the raws can detail that better. Unless you are not talking about raws?
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: November 11, 2019, 12:03:17 pm »

Creatures with the [EXTRAVISION] token can of course see even without eyes, but unless you explicitly add that one to a creature's raws then the rules as explained by therahedwig apply.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: November 11, 2019, 12:38:55 pm »

With the eyes their raws inherit from the generic [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_HEAD_POSITIONS]. I think someone more familiar with the raws can detail that better. Unless you are not talking about raws?
Harpies and ogres have eyes and see by eyes. But theyre eyes ingame called white. How creature can have white eyes and see? I know only Oratosquilla oratoria.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #2561 on: November 11, 2019, 12:56:29 pm »

Its a fantasy game where magic users reanimate moving hair, why are you concerned about how something is able to see?

Harpies have [TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:PUPIL_EYE_WHITE:1] so only their pupils are white. With ogres just having [TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:WHITE:1] for their eyes they probably just have fully mulky white eyes with no pupils.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: November 11, 2019, 01:04:00 pm »

Harpies and ogres have eyes and see by eyes. But theyre eyes ingame called white. How creature can have white eyes and see? I know only Oratosquilla oratoria.

Fantasy creatures don't have to obey real world physics, and even so, is there anything that would prevent a white iris to work properly, or, for that matter, a white/silver reflecting layer at the back of the eyes (like the green ones cats have).
And PLEASE stop asking questions where you only mention half of what you actually mean to ask. Provide all the relevant information at once. (In this case it would be something like "How come ogres and harpies can see when their eyes are white").

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #2563 on: November 11, 2019, 01:16:43 pm »

Mind, I think DerMeister's English isn't good enough for them to be able to look critically enough at their own posts and see that half their point is missing. I am not sure what they can do about that, as I myself was good enough at English once I started posting on internet forums...
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: November 11, 2019, 06:08:58 pm »

Mind, I think DerMeister's English isn't good enough for them to be able to look critically enough at their own posts and see that half their point is missing. I am not sure what they can do about that, as I myself was good enough at English once I started posting on internet forums...
No, the quality of the English isn't the issue, as it can usually be understood, but the leaving out most of the information, relying (and failing) on telepathy to bring the context across is. The above is a typical example of asking only half the question, get a straight answer to that question, only to get a small piece of the rest of the puzzle, resulting in a new answer to the somewhat expanded question, etc.
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 388