Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 391

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 2913942 times)

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
  • Embark Profile Enthusiast, Kitfox & reddit mod.
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #3135 on: April 01, 2020, 06:09:07 pm »

Thanks as always for the replies! Exciting times!
Team Bug Fix!

Doorkeeper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3136 on: April 02, 2020, 02:59:53 am »

Exciting times for DF indeed. Not so much for RL sadly.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3137 on: April 02, 2020, 04:41:24 am »

Interesting times, then.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3138 on: April 02, 2020, 11:06:23 am »

Thanks for the reply!
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3139 on: April 03, 2020, 01:47:16 pm »

Dwarf Fortress trading cards would be sick. I would play the shit out of that.
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Quote from: Toady One
Naturally, we'd like to make life miserable for everybody, randomly, but that'll take some doing.

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #3140 on: April 03, 2020, 03:29:52 pm »

Dwarf Fortress trading cards would be sick. I would play the shit out of that.

Steam trading cards aren’t really that kind of trading cards, they’re just a collectible... thing. Iirc someone actually made DF playing cards some years ago, I remember there being a reddit post about it.

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3141 on: April 03, 2020, 05:25:13 pm »

playing games ingame is something which will be someday in DF.

eventually.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #3142 on: April 05, 2020, 12:33:47 pm »

playing games ingame is something which will be someday in DF.

eventually.

It was in Dragslay, wasn't it? Poker, at least?

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #3143 on: April 07, 2020, 06:16:04 am »

What does it mean when a villain confesses to following a plot under the influence of an unidentified creature?

Like, I know it has to do with the master of a villain, but I am wondering why it is saying 'unidentified creature', I don't have culling of histfigs, so I am wondering, is this a bug or just me not understanding game mechanics?
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3144 on: April 07, 2020, 07:17:45 am »

What does it mean when a villain confesses to following a plot under the influence of an unidentified creature?

Like, I know it has to do with the master of a villain, but I am wondering why it is saying 'unidentified creature', I don't have culling of histfigs, so I am wondering, is this a bug or just me not understanding game mechanics?
It's when the one(s) you're interrogating confess to their own involvement(s), but do not reveal who their master is. DF knows fully well who the master is, but it ain't telling you, at least not unless you get a better interrogator...
You know there is a master somewhere, so the relations will need a placeholder for that position, and that's "unknown creature" until you manage to identify the master. Seems to be a fairly decent emulation of how real world criminals can admit to their involvement, but refuse to incriminate their buddies or their boss (especially when doing so can have a negative effect of one's life expectancy).

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #3145 on: April 07, 2020, 07:19:45 am »

Oh, that's annoying. I'd have hoped that the game would at the least have told you that your interrogator isn't good enough instead of saying 'unidentified creature'...
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3146 on: April 07, 2020, 11:05:55 am »

It's not a straight skill check. The interrogator can use a number of skills to get info the same way a corruptor can do to corrupt characters. Thus, you'd need something like judge of character (I don't know what's actually involved: this is an approximation) to decide which approaches may work, and then e.g. make a threat which may work if the subject is afraid of the interrogator, or "...corruptor, while completely misjudging the situation, made a threat, and corruptee refused" approximate "quote" from legends mode corruption texts.
It's really just a matter of learning to understand what DF means with the various outcomes.

Lenin0Grib

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3147 on: April 08, 2020, 07:21:00 am »

Will be possible in steam version build dirt,glay,sand construction(fully terraforming)? I mean make hill from dirt or sand or rock and it not be constuction like stone wall or wood ramp.
Sorry if incorrect topic.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3148 on: April 08, 2020, 07:32:10 am »

Will be possible in steam version build dirt,glay,sand construction(fully terraforming)? I mean make hill from dirt or sand or rock and it not be constuction like stone wall or wood ramp.
The forum convention is to mark questions to Toady with (lime) green to help him find them among the chatter when answering questions.

Digging out and moving earth to make land fills etc. is not planned for the Premium release. The functionality for sand and clay deposits to gradually be mined out and movement of earth to change the landscape, as well as liquids other than magma and water is in the far future, but there's no reason to believe the commercial version will not present when that is done.

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3149 on: April 08, 2020, 04:56:39 pm »

I think the only options for doing this currently are Obsidian Casting and, given the right climate, Ice Casting

Pretty sure there won't be any changes in this regard for the steam release.  In the distant future, if it does change, it would likely take place during the map rewrite - but that's years away, at best, and not a change that I remember ever being discussed.  (It might be useful to post about it in the suggestions forum?)
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 391