Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 389

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 2851661 times)

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #3795 on: January 26, 2021, 12:27:34 am »

Will we have a multicore version for the steam release?
Voliol's right, but even if DF were to go multicore, it wouldn't be Steam-exclusive. Toady has expressed a desire not to keep essential features out of the classic version.
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3796 on: January 26, 2021, 01:29:23 am »

Voliol's right, but even if DF were to go multicore, it wouldn't be Steam-exclusive. Toady has expressed a desire not to keep essential features out of the classic version.
I think it's as much a desire to not have to maintain two code bases.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3797 on: January 26, 2021, 01:50:10 am »

I think it's as much a desire to not have to maintain two code bases.
Most certainly; that'd be a right pain. Regardless, I don't want anyone getting the impression that the Classic Edition is a less complete version of the game.
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Urist McSadist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3798 on: January 26, 2021, 04:24:45 am »

In my years of playing the game I've never seen a successful kobold thief. Are there any plans to buff ambushers before the big wait?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3799 on: January 26, 2021, 02:53:33 pm »

In my years of playing the game I've never seen a successful kobold thief. Are there any plans to buff ambushers before the big wait?
Unless you can somehow squeeze it into "better military", the answer is most likely no, and I think the odds for getting that into military to any significant extent is quite limited (they might benefit from something general, but that's probably about it).

I think I've see a kobold make off with something not yet cleaned off from the battlefield once, though, but I'm not sure (I've certainly have had animals do that).

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3800 on: January 27, 2021, 11:16:30 pm »

Huh?! Did the Goblins run out of dwarven, elven, and human children, so they’re snatching kobolds now?
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3801 on: January 27, 2021, 11:21:39 pm »

Huh?! Did the Goblins run out of dwarven, elven, and human children, so they’re snatching kobolds now?
Goblins have snatchers. Kobolds have thieves.
Not sure where the confusion is...

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3802 on: January 28, 2021, 04:20:14 am »

1) What exactly does the [IS_SECRET:MUNDANE_RESEARCH_POSSIBLE] interaction token do? The wiki simply states that "the secret can be researched by mundane means", which isn't particularly enlightening.

2) What is the cut-off at which a gait is considered to be fast with regard to the [IE_HAVE_FAST_EFFORTLESS_GAIT_SPEED] and [IE_ALL_SLOW_EFFORTLESS_GAIT_SPEED] tokens?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #3803 on: January 28, 2021, 07:51:28 am »

1) What exactly does the [IS_SECRET:MUNDANE_RESEARCH_POSSIBLE] interaction token do? The wiki simply states that "the secret can be researched by mundane means", which isn't particularly enlightening.
I can't find any quotes at the moment, but my understanding is that the token doesn't actually do anything quite yet, perhaps luckily for the worlds that already have some necromancer problems. I recall it being called a "for the future" addition, essentially.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3804 on: January 28, 2021, 04:48:06 pm »

Well, yeah, if they were successful you didn't see them!

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3805 on: January 28, 2021, 05:22:48 pm »

Well, yeah, if they were successful you didn't see them!
Don't they generate a "kobold has stolen some stuff" message when they reach the map edge?

Beag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3806 on: January 28, 2021, 07:03:11 pm »

Will there be an updated look screen for when our adventurers look at a creature in the steam release similar to what was shown to be upcoming for fortress mode?

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3807 on: January 28, 2021, 10:33:35 pm »

Will there be an updated look screen for when our adventurers look at a creature in the steam release similar to what was shown to be upcoming for fortress mode?

Huh?  If your talking about the one in the update on the devlog, that’s for the Steam release.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3808 on: January 29, 2021, 04:19:57 am »

Huh?  If your talking about the one in the update on the devlog, that’s for the Steam release.
You misunderstood the question: Available in Adventure Mode as well as Fortress Mode in the Premium release.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 05:08:50 am by PatrikLundell »

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3809 on: January 29, 2021, 08:16:04 am »

You misunderstood the question: Available in Adventure Mode as well as Fortress Mode in the Premium release.

Oh.  I guess that’s what happens when you post while half asleep then.  Looks like I’ll be looking forward to the answer too.
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 389