Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Let's Play Victoria II: The Second Brothers' War (1861-1869)  (Read 7978 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Victoria II: The Great Lecture at Amsterdam (1842-1851)
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2018, 07:31:32 pm »

Sorry about the terrible wait here--this one has a lot of screenshots. I'm thinking I'll take care of it on Saturday; my main issue is that I'm not sure how to frame this one. Might split it up into 2 or 3 updates, because it's another long one, and the topics on this one are all over the board.

I'm definitely thinking of following up each regular update with a World's Fair-themed mini-update to showcase technological progress and international relations, though, so we don't have a suffragette meeting randomly bring up wars in South America or have a war-room strategy planning session suddenly change the topic to impressionist art.

In the meantime, what techs do you think are overlooked? I've found that I tend to skim the commerce tree, at best, but a lot of the techs on it are actually pretty handy.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Victoria II: The Great Lecture at Amsterdam (1842-1851)
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2018, 11:30:26 pm »

Commerce and culture I find are the most skimmed over. Culture, especially in the late game, is insanely powerful. As Persia, I was basically in a 30 year civil war, communists against liberals, with constant uprisings of 100 stacks (in total, not all at once). Once Secret Police became available, my problems were over, and the uprisings gradually went from having hundreds of divisions to mere tens, then nothing at all.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Victoria II: The Titans of Industry (1851-1861)
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2018, 01:34:32 pm »

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕿𝖎𝖒𝖊𝖘
DUTCH BUSINESS GIANTS GATHER

January 21st, 1861 - A grand Business Exposition is to be held in the Netherlands today. At the exposition, the head of the lucrative Amsterdam Wapen-Marine Bedrijf -- the Amsterdam Arms and Navy Corporation -- will be speaking about the state of the Dutch economy and the future of Dutch industries. The Dutch Prime Minister, Floris van Hall, expressed support for the exposition, stating, "the development of Dutch finances and industry is paramount as the Dutch government takes a greater place on the international stage. This exchange of industry, culture, and commerce should be highly beneficial for the nation." More on "EXPO", B4

Spoiler: The Titans of Industry (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 05:17:22 pm by Tawa »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2018, 09:29:31 pm »

Right, I'm still up for this, so I'm just going to pass Gerrymandering, since the voting upper class seems to be pretty liberal-minded, and get a move on.

E: Played through the next update. Without giving too much away, uh... it's certainly something I've never seen before in Victoria 2. Gonna have a weird political situation in this one.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 11:10:17 pm by Tawa »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2018, 01:13:08 pm »

Ooooh, can't wait for the update. :)

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2018, 01:19:51 am »

Ptw
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Victoria II: The Second Brothers' War (1861-1869)
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2018, 03:14:00 pm »

Gentlemen, I believe that, in the aftermath of the Second Brothers' War, it is absolutely essential that we reevaluate our military strategy. Despite the numerous treatises our friends and colleagues have written on war in the Netherlands--in particular, my own Nederland en Oorlog and General van Renesse's Politiek--we have not, I think, created a fully-planned-out military scheme since the Belgisch Invasieplan. So, in my capacity as Defense Minister, I've had put together a small presentation on the events leading up to the Second Brothers' War, so that we may fully understand how and why it happened and how best to plan for the future.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(Sorry if some of the pictures are grainy, by the way; I accidentally saved a lot of them as JPEGs twice in a row.)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2018, 06:56:46 am »

What about Luxembourg? Luxembourg's existence is an affront to civilisation and it MUST be annexed.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2018, 08:19:00 pm »

Might be a little while before I update again--not more than a week or two, probably, but later than I'd like. Just wanted to throw a quick update out there so you know I haven't forgotten about this or anything.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2018, 11:56:50 am »

I havent forgotten this even if I dont post here!
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2018, 07:23:31 pm »

:D

The next update is a bit of a long one compared to the others (runs a couple years past 1880, iirc.) Mostly just us colonizing Africa and the Spanish being dicks; these things usually happen simultaneously.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2018, 02:11:19 am »

Oh, cool, we're entering the late game. I wonder if we'll have a communist uprising?
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister
Pages: 1 [2]