Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Masterwork (43.05) Succession Fort  (Read 1156 times)

DaComputerNerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Masterwork (43.05) Succession Fort
« on: March 03, 2018, 09:37:52 am »

So, I was listening to a guy read Boatmurdered on YouTube, and decided to try a succession fort in Masterwork (43.05, which is the current version as of right now).

Before we begin, we must first
•Get people to play
•Choose what race we should play as

Give your name to add to the list and vote for a race here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/19grsvua4KToedX6R0j9IIYnkm81Xkw1k-WxPfr6hiNM/edit
Note: Even if you don't want to play, you can still vote on a race.

If you have any other suggestions, like settings or worldgen options, simply reply with them here.

Here is a link to see the settings I have (probably important to match them).
https://docs.google.com/document/d/17x6TlyOXJhv6P4WU0ZlymCx8tbBAK8GWFr4jTRaFucc/edit?usp=sharing

If you are unfamiliar with succession fortresses, basically you run it for 1 year and then zip and upload the file and pass it to the next person. Since Masterwork has autosaves, this should be fairly simple.

Edit: I should probably include rules. Here they are:
•Don't do stuff like spam drawbridges on your enemies as a defense
•Don't go for the candy immediately or otherwise intentionally destroy the fort. If you want to mine candy, ask the following overseer first. No one wants to start their turn dealing with the clowns without being asked about it.
•Please document important things like pissing off civs, etc. Again, no one wants to be surprised by the dwarven siege instead of a caravan.
I don't really care how. Screenshots and videos are good (Snipping tool is your friend).
•Don't use cheaty things like certain DFHack commands or certain Dwarf Therapist functions. "combine-plants" and "combine-drinks" are fine, but "make-legendary", "create-items", and "source" are not. Use common sense here. Losing is Fun, and we don't need to cheat to avoid it.

As with Boatmurdered, violating these can result in your turn being skipped.

As with Boatmurdered, feel free to join. Don't worry about skill at DF, or experience with Masterwork (though do prepare for a lot to learn if you haven't played it yet).

As of right now, the list of overseers is as following:

DaComputerNerd
LeftHandofGod

and dwarven is currently the leading race.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 04:27:47 pm by DaComputerNerd »

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Re: Masterwork (43.05) Succession Fort
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2018, 12:16:03 pm »

Am are watchin
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Crocatowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Masterwork (43.05) Succession Fort
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 11:26:13 am »

I are too this watch
The only dye dwarfs should use is MAGMA. And the only thing dwarfs should dye is ELVES.