Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Finding lost artifacts  (Read 2552 times)

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
Finding lost artifacts
« on: March 03, 2018, 12:48:42 pm »

I've been to several sites where an artifact is said to be lost - mostly hillocks and mountain halls - but after scouring the area I simply can't find it.

Where exactly do lost artifacts spawn in a site? Do I have to ransack every cabinet, every forge, search every last tile, even the roads and pastures?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Finding lost artifacts
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2018, 05:18:23 pm »

I've been to several sites where an artifact is said to be lost - mostly hillocks and mountain halls - but after scouring the area I simply can't find it.

Where exactly do lost artifacts spawn in a site? Do I have to ransack every cabinet, every forge, search every last tile, even the roads and pastures?
Doubt anyone knows yet. We don't really know if lost artifacts will actually spawn anywhere (or even if they're meant to but don't because they're bugged). Best of asking Toady in fotf (or next release thread, if that's quicker).

hertggf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Finding lost artifacts
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 05:08:19 am »

I'm pretty sure artifacts never spawn in containers (with the exception of pedestals and cabinets) or on trees.  When you move your adventurer around, the part of the map that you moved from and can't see anymore turns monochrome.  If you pay attention to this area, you'll notice that tiles where there are items on the ground have a green tinge that's easy to spot if you're looking for it.  You can scan large areas pretty quickly that way without having to use (l)ook all the time.