Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: The Guild of Adventurers (5e) - Pesky Goblins!  (Read 12216 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: The Guild of Adventurers (5e) - Pesky Goblins!
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2018, 04:14:12 am »

((Rather you than me, Halfy :P))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2018, 02:20:20 pm »

((At some point we’ll confuse someone by all being Haldur, ala Sparticus. :P))

Haldur opens his mouth to say no, then hesitates. What harm could it cause, really? They were as different as night and day, and in the end he shrugs.

[Elven]”If you really want to be Haldur Thorsson too, then you can be Haldur as well. Expect to earn a nickname quickly, though!”

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2018, 10:57:38 pm »

Gawain shrugs.
So. Where are your little.... problems?

"They can be found along the road from either part of town. The last attack was earlier this morning on the west side of town. If you're handy at tracking, you can have a look for their footprints. They don't seem to be holed up too far from here, as they seem to be able to attack from either road. It's hard to tell how many there are, but there's at least six, seven or eight of them that go out in small raiding groups of 3-4 at a time. I asked a few other traders if they had any problem, but it seems only ones full with blatantly obvious food caravans are their main targets.

In this case, mine and the Butcher's. He tries to keep business up by hunting but he's getting up in age. Its a true shame, because he struggles to keep his business from going under due to not having the supply. I don't think he'd know much more than I, but I know he'd also be grateful for dealing with those little green bastards.

I'm gonna give you a bit of a warning though before you head out. These ones are far from their home in the far north, and they seem to be surprisingly well organized. Last time they got any semblance of organized, we had the hobgoblin invasion. The caravans, even with guards, seem to always fail to take even one down. They're starting to get clever. If you find more than just a small band of goblins, get out of there and consider the job done. I'm not gonna let a bunch of new bloods get killed over something I expected to be an easier task."

He pulls out a sack and reaches into it and puts enough bottles of red liquid for each of you to have two and a small pile of gold.

"Two healing potions and 25 gold each for your advance pay. It isn't much, but I'm known to pay well you when the job is done. Shouldn't take you more than two days, even if something does go wrong."

((At some point we’ll confuse someone by all being Haldur, ala Sparticus. :P))

Haldur opens his mouth to say no, then hesitates. What harm could it cause, really? They were as different as night and day, and in the end he shrugs.

[Elven]”If you really want to be Haldur Thorsson too, then you can be Haldur as well. Expect to earn a nickname quickly, though!”
Not only does Osgar ignore you, but you two completely miss what he said as he pulls out gold and healing potions.
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2018, 02:49:48 am »

((I do request that we don't turn into one of those parties with constant backstabbing and betrayal. Just saying. >_>)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2018, 04:54:09 am »

Gawain takes the potions and gold, then divides them equally between party members.

Alright. Where could we find the Butcher?
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2018, 10:28:58 am »

Haldur takes his share of the potions and the gold and nods his thanks to Gawain. Despite his odd antics, he seems to be doing a good job with the bartender, and Haldur stays silent to let him keep doing his work and catch up on the conversation that he missed.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2018, 10:50:42 am »

'Haldur' appears visibly uncomfortable at the atmosphere of the bar, but the party noticeably see him watching the barmaids who are consciously avoiding his gaze.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2018, 11:11:04 am »

Gawain takes the potions and gold, then divides them equally between party members.

Alright. Where could we find the Butcher?
"He's in the butcher shop called The Cleaver. If you want to ask him a few things, just know that, while he's a bit grim, he means no harm by it."

'Haldur' appears visibly uncomfortable at the atmosphere of the bar, but the party noticeably see him watching the barmaids who are consciously avoiding his gaze.
The only "barmaid" you see is the old man running the bar. He spots you checking him out and he looks disgruntled at you.

"Got something to say?"

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2018, 12:13:03 pm »

Miscria pockets two potions and 25 gold, then gestures towards the door, clearly wanting to get out before a fight starts.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2018, 02:46:23 pm »

((
The only "barmaid" you see is the old man running the bar. He spots you checking him out and he looks disgruntled at you.

"Got something to say?"
Ahahahahahahaha
*'Haldur' winks.*))

Shrugs.
A bit of gruff without bark is no worry to me.
Gawain turns and exits the bar, making a hurrying motion to the others as he passes.
Miscria has the right idea. Let's go talk to a butcher.

Oh, and 'Haldur' - stop ogling the male help.

Goes to the butcher.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2018, 03:24:11 pm »

To avoid farther embarrassment of the party, you all walk out of the bar and head out. It takes about five minutes and a walk around the circular-shaped inner parts of town to find The Cleaver. The place looks well kept surprisingly as its well painted sign of a large cleaver hangs over the doorway.

You enter and spot an older tiefling man and a shorter, younger tiefling that appears more human-like in appearance are behind the counter, with the older one showing the younger one something before they notice you. The older one turn to face you as you enter.

His voice is stern and intimidating. "What do you want?" He looks warily at Miscria as he steps between you and the younger tiefling, who still seems to be working on something.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2018, 03:50:52 pm »

"We wish to asssk about your goblin problem. Osssgar told usss to talk to you."

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2018, 04:19:53 pm »

"We wish to asssk about your goblin problem. Osssgar told usss to talk to you."
He eases up tension as he lets out a sigh.

"They've been causing problems for us for a while now. I tried to find out where they're holed up while I was hunting, but I didn't find much. I know the trails they use to ambush the caravans though. There's a trail that you can follow off the path that starts to lead into the taller hills. Anyone with a basic idea of tracking can find it. Follow it until you get to the river. Cross it instead of following it, and get on top of the highest hill there. You'll see where they come from, where they hide and the road there. I've had poor luck with spotting them myself, but if you spend a day or two up there, they'll come around eventually.

If it comes to that, I suggest using this."

He grabs something from behind the counter and puts it on the counter. "I would like this back when you're done with it. It'll make fire without smoke. It's something my wife had made years ago. Be smart with it, or you'll end up like Joan did." He points his thumb behind him at the now visible remains of the animal the younger tiefling is butchering.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2018, 04:28:54 pm »

"...and what happened to Joan?" Miscria asked, sounding wary.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2018, 05:21:23 pm »

"...and what happened to Joan?" Miscria asked, sounding wary.
"He's now dinner. The only difference is, you'll be a goblin's dinner."

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9