Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Peaceful night trolls?  (Read 1055 times)

Urist Sonuvagimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Peaceful night trolls?
« on: March 05, 2018, 04:59:24 am »

Recently started a new adventure in 44.05. Smaller world, high savagery and beasts. New hero adventurer receives a quest from the local lord - Kill a night troll in a lair nearby. Simple enough, I gather some companions and head out. Upon arrival at the site, I see the creature immediately and brace for battle. However, what follows next is this exchange:

(Edited out is the random companion chatter that is irrelevant)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

My character managed to successfully creep out a night creature. Anyway, are night trolls supposed to be this way in current version, or did I mess up something when upgrading with the graphics pack?
Seems like this bug: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=10520  , but that was 44.04.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 06:45:58 am by Urist Sonuvagimli »

rhavviepoodle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Peaceful night trolls?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 11:58:51 am »

I've noticed many nasties aren't as immediately threatening as they used to be. We're you sneaking at the time you encountered her?

One thing I will say is that I have managed to rope an ettin into being an entertainer with me in one of my adventures. I reloaded because as amusing as that would be, it was more for science than anything else. Someday I'll likely drum up an adventurer and see about recruiting a whole squad of Giants and retiring them someplace. Maybe even granting them lordship over a human settlement. Lots and lots of science to complete.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018, 04:25:46 pm »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2018, 05:29:56 am »

night creature mostly attack due to seeing folks as dangerous beasts, the current game seem to either remove the identity marker on everyone so that vision tracker is blocked allowing for conversations to be had, up until the beast figure out who you are or any one figures out who the beast is.
which explains why the companions started attacking.
if you ask them or talk to someone else and bring up them in discussion that will be enough to alert and turn them hostile.
probably best time to experiment with the lessen hostile megabeasts and folk while you can before they start going back to Kill on sight.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes