Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [44.10] Gremlins and Gnomes mod  (Read 1995 times)

Gigabytebob

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief! Protect the hoard from skulking filth!
    • View Profile
[44.10] Gremlins and Gnomes mod
« on: April 09, 2018, 09:07:11 pm »

Main features
-added gremlins and gnomes
-removed mountain and dark gnomes (tho gnomes are basically just mountain gnomes)
-added guns for both gnomes and gremlins (thanks to jake with the black powder guns mod)
-added makeshift weapons to gremlins (thanks to liber celi with the terrible weapons mod)
-both gremlins and gnomes can preform alchemy to make or change metals (thanks to normandy with the normandy's buildings mod)
-gremlins have access to evil creatures plants and wood
-gnomes have access to good creatures plants and wood
-gnomes are at peace with wild life though they don't care if you chop down trees
-graphics for both gremlins and gnomes using taffers graphics as a template
-gremlins can purchase more expedition members
-leprechauns to replace mountain gnomes
-leper chauns to replace dark gnomes
-new gnomish weapons (1 handed hand crossbow,pole ripper,bladed mace,war hook,mattock,steam piston maul and a chain blade)

gremlins are small evil creatures using trolls to make up for their small size (and can now purchase more expedition members)

(Gremlin only version: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13664) (only adds gremlins keeps default mountain and dark gnomes does not add leprechauns)

NOTE:you will have very limited control over trolls. tho you can overcome this using dwarf therapist which i highly recommend

gnomes are small good creature who are friends to all wild life

(Gnome only version: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13663) (only adds gnomes keeps default gremlins adds leprechauns)

(Gnome and Gremlin version http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13662)

Mods i borrowed to make this mod
-black powder firearms by jake
-LC's terrible weapons 0.3 by liber celi
-normandy's buildings mod 1.1 by normandy

Fixes/Additions
-fixed gnome blight
-fixed some typos
-fixed dark and mountain gnomes from spawning
-added graphics for gnomes and gremlins used taffer's graphics as a template
-gremlins can purchase more expedition members
-gnomes drink more
-leprechauns have been added (with tweaks from Hugo the dwarf) (and used the wish granting reaction from the mostly mythical monsters mod)
-leper chauns have been added (idea from a flying purple people eater)
-new gnomish weapons (1 handed hand crossbow,pole ripper,bladed mace,war hook,mattock,steam piston maul and a chain blade)

Leprechauns are good beings that want your drink you could kill them or scare em off but if you can catch up to one while they are sweating they can give you a wish if you leave them alone
(yes it works in fort mode though it can be difficult to make sure they dont die before they can give the wish) they are also very untested please tell me if you experience any problems or have ideas on how to make them better

Leper chauns are shadows of their former selves now they are evil beings that can spread leprosy they still want your drink but instead of granting wishes now they grant leprosy
these guys are EXTREMELY dangerous they almost 100% of the time will give your fortress occupants that get next to it leprosy an incurable disease that causes blisters swelling and spreading necrosis i recommend using marksmen also like their cousins they are extremely good at dodging

To Do
add replacements for mountain and dark gnomes done
make gremlins and gnomes more unique gremlins are more unique now just gotta work on gnomes i think they are pretty unique now but if you have any suggestions to pitch tell me :]
figure out why gnomes are hated by all civs fixed
fix gremlins fighting them selves into endangerment done though a side effect is purchasable expedition members though i turned it into a feature
if i get any suggestions that enough people like i will put more here
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 08:13:48 pm by Gigabytebob »
adamantine, the only material that can be honed to an edge so fine it can cut light, cleave steel like butter, and sever heads with the enthusiasm of a deranged bloodthirsty child.

Turn those goblinoid uglybolds into adorable cutebolds