Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: X2's Stellaris Interactive Role Playing CYOA Game  (Read 1136 times)

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
X2's Stellaris Interactive Role Playing CYOA Game
« on: March 06, 2018, 02:37:52 am »

Major Edit:I have added some mods, and restarted the storyline with appropiate stats and traits for your character. Some character names may be new. Please see the next post.
  So, I'll cut to the chase. I will be providing an explanation on how the game mechanics will work, this is a first person play as one person game so everyones suggestions will be tallied up and majority will take all. Each decision has outcomes. Some may be hard decisions. It will take place largely in the fictional realm(Ie. not programmed into the game) but when major events happen I'm sure you will be included, or have a say or be able to change the outcome, in your position in the game. I'll start laying out the game mechanics now.
   You will have several choices in each event in the game, as I will basically provide a description of your surroundings, your inventory, and give hints as to what you can do. The choice is yours and freeform however. I will possibly consider adding stats at the request of the players, so do mention that if your interested. I will Now be basically beginning the game, if you have any questions please ask.
Year 2200, Month 1, Day 1
   Sitting in your Seargants Quarters aboard the UNS Ptolemy, you grasp your hands together. You were good at what you did in the military, but you still wondered why they had assigned you here instead of the fleet. Your commanding officer that you report to and will report to from now on, Ricky McRae, told you it was because they needed security personell for the survey ship, both onboard and on away team missions. It sounded appetizing, though, a little. So you took the job
Suddenly you here a knock on the door and a voice, easily discernable. The ship was still docked at the Arthur C. Clare, and it was your CO, Ricky McRae. You open the door and salute him, and you motion for him to come inside. You both sit down, and he starts by saying, "Seargent Locksley. You have shown exceptional ability in your 5 years in the service. Numerous deployments across the solar system, especially rescuing the civilians from that gang of pirates on the Europa Mining Station...you successfuly completed Exo-Space Marine training last week, as matter of fact, and I came to congraulate you on that. And to fully brief you on what you might face on what you might face out there."
   Soon, the ship's science captain, Ni Zhuge, moved into the doorway and watched, her arms crossed.

What do you decide to say?(Type in bold please.)

Edit:Sorry, accidently posted early. Had to edit to finish the post.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 09:53:42 pm by x2yzh9 »

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: X2's Stellaris Interactive Role Playing CYOA Game
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018, 01:54:41 pm »

How could I possibly make this more attractive to players?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 09:52:36 pm by x2yzh9 »

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2018, 12:24:07 am »

I'm going to advance the storyline by a month or two, maybe three. Just to get the ball rolling and introduce you guys to new mechanics, so maybe I can get you guys interested. Also, update, added the Apocalypse expansion.

Command and Control Center, Confidential briefing room, Arthur C. Clarke. Orbiting the sun.
 You sat with your hands clasped, in your chair. You had served faithfully on a 4 year deployment to the Mars Planetary Outpost, which with mars horrid living conditions only allowed life support for about 20,000 personell. You came home to your loving wife, Annabelle Locksley(age 28) and your son Daniel Locksley(age 4). There were several hostage situations and criminal elements at the outpost, which you led your military strike team in eradicating. Over the course of 4 years, it was deemed a success, but you still wonder at night. The duty and mind of a soldier with a consciene, General McRae had told you once.

Now, he had called you to the highest seat of military control in the system, in one of the most secretive rooms in existence. Your mind wanders, but you try to keep that to very little;you know the gravity of this already.

General McRae entered the room and cut to the chase. You were being sent on a top-secret deployment, for 4 years minimum, to interstellar space-a first for mankind. You are to be the commander of the security forces onboard the UNS Ptolemy, a science ship. You are swiftly herded onto a shuttle with an automated short-range piloting system. You enter cryosleep.

Spoiler: Surrounding View (click to show/hide)

You awake. A doctor stands over you with a scanner. waving it up and down your body. "Good to see you conscious. Your the last arrival for the mission. Scanners say your perfectly healthy-we'll conduct a detailed examination at a later date." he said, smiling. You reached out of your cabin, still weak from the extreme cold and stasis drugs. Stumbling to your feet, you clothe yourself. You insert your ID into your PDA, and scan it over the onboard ship AI whitelist. It reads, in green letters, "Access Granted. Welcome to Ptolemy-net". You requisition a map, and see a possible list of locations to choose from. Each bringing something new to do as you get used to the ship and the time you'll be spending on it.
A. Captain's Quarters(Meet the captain, discuss the mission and your duties)
B. Crew Quarters/Lounge(Meet your bunkmates and some fellow crew members. Converse about the mission.)
C. Security Deck(Assume command of the Ptolemy's security sector, and introduce yourself to your subordinates
D. Science Deck(Introduce yourself to the scientists, field scientists, and assure them of their safety)
E. Engineering Deck(meet the men and women that keep the ship working. Surely reassuranc would be good for an undertaking such as this.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 11:43:14 am by x2yzh9 »

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Mood: Cautiously Optomistic
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2018, 03:13:26 am »

How could I possibly make this more attractive to players?
Comment.
Awesome With Autism
Currently listening to: Goldeneye Menu