Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New generated worlds bugged  (Read 1462 times)

Metaltooth

• Bay Watcher
  • Icon of Sin
    • View Profile
New generated worlds bugged
« on: March 09, 2018, 02:34:07 pm »

Every world I generate Yetis, ice wolves, Satyrs and Orcs are the only playable races for fortress mode. Does anyone know how to fix a bug this ridiculous
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 08:51:40 am by Metaltooth »
o̗͕̘̯͈̺r̬e̶̻̗̲̹m͎̘̹͓̦̼̟͝o͕̮̦R͇̥̻̭͟ ̕ņ̗h̪̰̱o̢J͚̬̲ ̧͍̫̜̲͔̺é̤̩̫m̗͍̘̟͖͠ l͇̫̪͖͓̰͝l̕i̮k̻͈̺̱̗ ͙̱̠̥̳̱̘t҉̪s̢͈u͙͉̘̮͘m̳̜̞̳̞̝ ̴͖̠̖̤͕̱u̱̬͚̗͍͞o̢y̴ ̶͚̝̳͇̞e̢̠m̥̤̳̙̣̙̭͢a͚̳̞͉̭g ̛͙e̤̫͉̜͉͘h̗̘̱̤͚͘t̜̺͕ ̴͙͍͉̮̯ņ̘͉̼͓̲ͅi̜̻̰̫̘̠͕w̧̲̘ ̧͔̯o̱̳̘T̗͖

Metaltooth

• Bay Watcher
  • Icon of Sin
    • View Profile
Re: Weird new generated world
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 05:01:46 pm »

I just deleted the entirety of Masterwork and DF on my computer, put it back on from a fresh download and Im still getting the problem what the hell
o̗͕̘̯͈̺r̬e̶̻̗̲̹m͎̘̹͓̦̼̟͝o͕̮̦R͇̥̻̭͟ ̕ņ̗h̪̰̱o̢J͚̬̲ ̧͍̫̜̲͔̺é̤̩̫m̗͍̘̟͖͠ l͇̫̪͖͓̰͝l̕i̮k̻͈̺̱̗ ͙̱̠̥̳̱̘t҉̪s̢͈u͙͉̘̮͘m̳̜̞̳̞̝ ̴͖̠̖̤͕̱u̱̬͚̗͍͞o̢y̴ ̶͚̝̳͇̞e̢̠m̥̤̳̙̣̙̭͢a͚̳̞͉̭g ̛͙e̤̫͉̜͉͘h̗̘̱̤͚͘t̜̺͕ ̴͙͍͉̮̯ņ̘͉̼͓̲ͅi̜̻̰̫̘̠͕w̧̲̘ ̧͔̯o̱̳̘T̗͖

Metaltooth

• Bay Watcher
  • Icon of Sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2018, 08:29:22 am »

I turned off all of the mods I could except for the Orcs and Succubi civs to see if any of the other mods were causing the problem
I exported a map of a freshly made world, during export I got a few errors but it seems to have worked. I looked through it on the legends viewer program DF did indeed spawn all the correct civilizations. HOWEVER
Upon closer inspection the legends view all the Masterwork civilizations, Orcs succubi, and any and all new intelligent creatures added in by masterwork are not present despite the fact that if I go into regular legends in DF it says that they are there.
I thought this might just be some sort of naming error so I tried starting a Fortress mode game. I was only given a single civ to spawn as a Satyr one by the name of the Salve of Metals, it apparently does not exist and has never existed.
When I actually spawned in with my colonists they were indeed all Satyrs. This is using a completely clean install of Masterwork on my main harddrive.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 08:33:41 am by Metaltooth »

Metaltooth

• Bay Watcher
  • Icon of Sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2018, 08:41:54 am »

« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 09:00:14 am by Metaltooth »

Yisin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New generated worlds bugged
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2018, 04:20:50 pm »

Have you tried redownloading the mod? it be the download file got corrupted somehow. Also did you make sure to completely clean out the Folder where DF was installed before reinstalling it? Since the corrupted file could have been missed when you uninstalled the game.
 Beyond that I couldn't help but i hope redownloading and installing in a new folder can fix the issue.

Metaltooth

• Bay Watcher
  • Icon of Sin
    • View Profile
Re: New generated worlds bugged
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2018, 03:46:01 pm »

Have you tried redownloading the mod? it be the download file got corrupted somehow. Also did you make sure to completely clean out the Folder where DF was installed before reinstalling it? Since the corrupted file could have been missed when you uninstalled the game.
 Beyond that I couldn't help but i hope redownloading and installing in a new folder can fix the issue.

Ive done that 3 times with 3 fresh and untouched downloads on 3 seperate harddrives, all gave me the same problems