Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.44.06 Released  (Read 65959 times)

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.44.06 Released
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2018, 09:17:44 am »

Another crash, pure 44.06 version. Game crashes on attempt to raid a bandit camp. In previous version i raided them without any issues. Here is my clunky crash report along with save. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=10606
Don't sure if it will crash always, in any world, don't have time to check today. Adventurer learned about camps' positions from "inquire about any trouble" quests.

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2018, 10:36:56 am »

Same crash issue - 0.44.05 save, crashes a few days after sending out for raid. Since the site is only 2 days' travel, I suspect something's going FUBAR when they arrive. Will try to test by sending them to a further-away site and see if it corresponds.

I did make sure to remove potentially wonky variables, such as backpacks/waterskins and modded weaponry (stone warhammers). Some of my troops were wearing jewelry, however, so that's a possible factor to try to zero out...

EDIT: Sent team with no jewelry, and sent them to a further-away destination. Crash still occurred after the same amount of time, so it's not happening at arrival - likely on first event during travel?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 10:41:49 am by Warlord255 »
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2018, 11:17:23 am »

However what's a little serious is that the moment a stolen animal is assigned to my militia commander, it goes beserk and attacks someone. Unfortunate when its a dog. Fun when its a giant war cheetah. Crazed behavior is preceded by said dog fleeing from it's pasture the moment it's assigned.

Poor militia commander is getting shaken because nobody's burying his beloved pets...
The best part is, I can't even tell if that's a bug or not....

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2018, 11:20:01 am »

(*) Stopped animals from developing need for alcohol after experiencing trauma

I love you Toady.
In a time before time, I had a name.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2018, 02:47:05 pm »

Tried to send a party to explore a tomb, got a crash (0.44.06 save). Unfortunately no save to upload(I forgot to set up autosaves)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2018, 05:28:55 pm »

Stole a beakdog and it doesn't appear on the (z) animals menu, so I can't assign it for butchering (or anything else). Appears on the list of fortress pets (u) though.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2018, 05:45:04 pm »

Can you butcher it in the v-p menu?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2018, 05:45:15 pm »

It looks like there is stuttering in fortress mode still.

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2018, 05:52:37 pm »

The regular stutter/minifreeze is likely caused by "behind the scenes" world stuff. Like maybe that's when the world moves forward (wars, combat, historical figures, etc).
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2018, 05:54:49 pm »

The regular stutter/minifreeze is likely caused by "behind the scenes" world stuff. Like maybe that's when the world moves forward (wars, combat, historical figures, etc).

Toady fixed a bug about it some versions ago. I am at the beginning of the fortress but it started just like this.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2018, 06:03:06 pm »

Ha! No.
I get the dorf preferences screen instead! But no response to 'l', 'g', 'o', etc.
Weird...

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2018, 06:10:46 pm »

Awesome!

Regarding this line:
Made monster-type critters and non-monster-type critters have proper hostile again
What exactly does that entail? Is it related to the LARGE_PREDATOR token? I noticed that critters without it were often more aggressive than the ones with it, which seemed like a bug.

I believe it was historical critters like the giant dingos and so forth, but also certain others; a lot of the simple species-based reaction code disappeared at some point and was making them all peaceful to other historical figures.

Secured tribute from local elves, but the message says it's "to be delivered from Faintglitters every ."

Will make a bug report. Need to know when elf tribute is coming.

Incidentally this was a demand for a one-off tribute so it shouldn't be coming "every" anything at all.

Ah, just a text bug -- the one-time tribute should be brought back by your dwarves themselves as spoils-without-needing-pillaging.  I should probably phrase it better overall so there isn't an anticipation of a future one-time caravan.

Thanks Toady!

Apparently we can't set the initial dwarves with military tactician skill. An oversight?

Yeah, oversight, I'll write it down for next time.

Stole a beakdog and it doesn't appear on the (z) animals menu, so I can't assign it for butchering (or anything else). Appears on the list of fortress pets (u) though.

Ack, I thought I had integrated them properly.  Apparently they are not integrated very well at all.

A save with bad stutter will help; I'm assuming it's some world-update activity that needs to be smeared more, but it could also just be some terrible wrong calculation going on periodically.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2018, 09:55:31 pm »

Are ongoing tributes permanent right now?
Will a peaceful civ go to war to stop them? How about if I go to war with a civ I'm getting tribute from?

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2018, 10:14:37 pm »

Ongoing tributes will be cancelled if you start a war with the civ; this happens if you attack any of the sites.  I tested that and it happened...  so hopefully it's working.  Though it won't provide a historical event for the cancellation itself, the tribute mentions and 'T' you see on the 'c' screen should go away.

Because of the way diplomatic events are tallied, the parent civ won't currently see that you've made one of their sites a tributary, and so they don't built up negative will over that; the site civ will tally it negative, but they can't start wars with you on their own (I think.)  Correcting that in some way is in the notes, but I wanted to get to administrators first since they'll also have a tribute relationship but it won't be a negative one and it'll involve your own civ...  best to pick through those brambles all at once, since it's not too far away.

You also can't successfully demand tribute from somebody you are at war with (it just turns into a fight).  You also can't ask for peace yet yourself, or claim victory and demand tribute as a way of 'winning' after breaking a siege.  Hopefully we can get to some of that too.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2018, 12:20:21 am »

Ha! No.
I get the dorf preferences screen instead! But no response to 'l', 'g', 'o', etc.
Weird...
Oh, what's this?
Apparently I can assign my Beak Dog as tavern keeper in the tavern menu. Will be trying that.  :)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4