Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.44.06 Released  (Read 65954 times)

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.44.06 Released
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2018, 11:17:26 am »

Quote from: ToadyOne
Stole a beakdog and it doesn't appear on the (z) animals menu, so I can't assign it for butchering (or anything else). Appears on the list of fortress pets (u) though.

Ack, I thought I had integrated them properly.  Apparently they are not integrated very well at all.

You did Toady from the looks of things, but as i detailed in my reply & my follow up child(?) report its all down to entity tags

For a summary, the civilization selects creatures without fortress mode purpose from [PET] or [PET_EXOTIC] out of bounds which then get picked up by raiders, in many ways the typical [EVIL][GOOD] tags are irrelevant in the face of [ANIMAL] tokens for establishing the ubiquity that old [COMMON_DOMESTIC] delivered. A single pair of tags like [GOOD] & [MOUNT] is good enough for elves to take unicorns from a local good forest even though they wouldn't be playable if you stole one from the elves in a raid.

Code workaround within.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 12:06:54 pm by FantasticDorf »

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2018, 04:41:51 pm »

Thanks for the release, Toady. Already having a blast reading the post-worldgen battle reports. :)
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2018, 02:43:09 am »

An interesting surprise to see such sudden work on the latest round of bugfixes. Will be neat to see.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2018, 04:51:55 pm »

Is anyone getting mercenary visitors petitioning for residence? I don't recall a single one since 0.44.01 . I only get scholars, monster hunters and bards. When I get warriors other than monster hunters, they are always searching for artifacts.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2018, 05:03:36 pm »

Is anyone getting mercenary visitors petitioning for residence? I don't recall a single one since 0.44.01 . I only get scholars, monster hunters and bards. When I get warriors other than monster hunters, they are always searching for artifacts.
Yes, I do get the occasional merc in 0.44.05, but they're about as rare as I'd like peddlers and monks to be, i.e. an occasional bit of flavor, but I guess you shouldn't set up dedicated temples if you don't want those (the single pilgrim is suitably rare).

And a somewhat oddish development (0.44.05): an artifact hunter who'd been caught sneaking but fled returned later with the displayed intent of applying for work as a monster hunter. He was executed for attempted thievery before getting the chance to petition, though.
I have had quite a few artifact thieves who returned after fleeing, but they all continued to seek for the artifact (and they were all executed).

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2018, 05:07:58 pm »

Some mercs are attracted by fighting. Certainly my merc count is up now that my main entrance is splattered with the remains of a couple of failed sieges. But yeah, they seem to start off a lot slower than in the previous version. Which works for me.

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2018, 05:36:52 pm »

Yes, I do get the occasional merc in 0.44.05, but they're about as rare as I'd like peddlers and monks to be, i.e. an occasional bit of flavor, but I guess you shouldn't set up dedicated temples if you don't want those (the single pilgrim is suitably rare).

And a somewhat oddish development (0.44.05): an artifact hunter who'd been caught sneaking but fled returned later with the displayed intent of applying for work as a monster hunter. He was executed for attempted thievery before getting the chance to petition, though.
I have had quite a few artifact thieves who returned after fleeing, but they all continued to seek for the artifact (and they were all executed).

Yeah that may be related to the one I reported during .05 here: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=10577
0010577: Dwarf quester asks+denied artifact -> leaves map -> returns 1 second later - asks+denied artifact, repeating multiple times.
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

alpha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2018, 05:52:44 pm »

0.44.06 crashes (freezes) on linux (vanilla, no utilites etc used) all the time in fort mode without any consistent reason. During freeze, music continues playing, but CPU usage goes to 100% and stays there.
The game picture remains permanently frozen. Console log shows no new errors/messages.

Happens between once every 20 minutes to once every 2 hours. Not very fun or playable. :'(
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]