Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22

Author Topic: [Waitlisters Welcome] Servants of Madness: A Lovecraftian RTD (6/8) Turn 19  (Read 34752 times)

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Looking for Players] Servants of Madness: A Lovecraftian RTD (4?/6)
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2018, 11:10:47 am »

Shoot. Forgot, i intended to do Hastur not nyarly.
Don't eat ghosts, that's how we got into this mess to begin with.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Looking for Players] Servants of Madness: A Lovecraftian RTD (4?/6)
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2018, 11:16:12 am »

Accepted. Post below the first one has been edited to include character sheets.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Looking for Players] Servants of Madness: A Lovecraftian RTD (0/6)
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2018, 11:50:21 am »

Sheet done
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Looking for Players] Servants of Madness: A Lovecraftian RTD (4/6)
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2018, 12:00:54 pm »

Sheet done

Name: John Russel
Appearance: Somewhat tall old man with grey hair and blue eyes covered by glasses.
 He prefers to wear classic black suit.
Personality: Bookworm, but rather social as his job required giving constant lectures. Is fascinated by ancient texts, artifacts and mythology, can talk about egyptian archeological wonders for whole day( even if others are not so keen on it ) from time to time smokes pipe.

Backstory: Since the time he learned to read, he admired history of Egypt and eventually this admiration led him to graduating Miscatonic university and getting place in its ancient east studies department.

Recently, as John was inspecting newest addition to his collection, stone tablet describing rule of dark pharaoh, some armed young man broke into old mans house and demanded any valuables to be handed over. But when robber pointed the gun, he suddenly screamed as swarm of tiny blue scarabs started covering his body and biting into his flesh.
Russel ran away in fear and when he returned back
three days later there was no trace of robber to be found. Since then Johns scientific scepticism started to fade.

Patron God: Nyarlathotep, his dark pharaoh aspect
Gift:  aid of dark pharaoh - when Russel is in danger unexpected swarm of scarabs may appear to his aid
Insight:  Performing rites
The gift is too noticeable and obviously otherworldly for the modern world. It has to be something more subtle. And they are innate abilities which do not depend of gods, so if you manage to get the attention of The Black Pharaoh, he may summon scarabs himself. A gift could be to tame insects easily, then you could get some scarabs yourself later and train them to bite enemies.

Since two players reserved the last 2 slots, I'll wait before adding anyone else to the current player list. If they make their sheets in time, you go into the waitlist.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 12:30:39 pm by randomgenericusername »
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: [Looking for Players] Servants of Madness: A Lovecraftian RTD (4/6)
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2018, 12:26:18 pm »

So since we have 2/3rds of a full team, with the last third being reserves/waitlisted, does this mean we are ready to start?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Looking for Players] Servants of Madness: A Lovecraftian RTD (5?/6)
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2018, 12:56:20 pm »

I would rather wait until I have 6 finished sheets to begin. Or we could have some sort of "prologue", in which characters can chat between them without doing any actions yet.

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2018, 12:59:56 pm »

Should everyone choose a IC chat color? If so I call Yellow

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2018, 01:13:08 pm »

Sure. But I would like if players didn't use glow because I plan to use it for non-humans.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2018, 01:36:02 pm »

I think I'll be green.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Turn 0: The Calm Before the Storm.

You are currently in a party inside what one could call a throne room of sorts. There are groups of men with turbans on their heads dancing to the rythm of drums and women wearing veils and exotic dresses dancing to the melody of flutes. Everyone is wearing oriental garbs and the light of torches in the walls illuminate the scene. It is night outside and you can see stars in the sky through the windows, but you don't notice any buildings outside. At the center of the room, a throne lies. In the throne, you can see an old man adorned in what you think might be expensive traditional clothing. At first, you believe he might have been thinking of something, but you quickly notice he has actually just fallen asleep. A circle of musicians play enchanting songs with their drums and flutes while dancing around the throne. A constant stream of people enters and exits the room thorugh doors at the side of the room. There is a table to the side of the room filled with snacks and drinks, from which some of the guests eat and drink.

Eventually, you find others just as clueless as you about the current situation that understand your language. You have no memory as of why you are here or how did you get to the party. You think this might be a problem, as you don't understand what any of the other guests are saying.

Or would, if you were even aware about your memory problem. Right now, you are just enjoying the music and having a good time.

Maximum Spin, DolosusDoleus, Dustan Hache and HugeNerdAndProudOfIt are in!

(Okay, this is the prologue. No one has any idea about what's going on and no one cares. You may talk and roleplay until we have 6 players.)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

Mallo would mainly be staying out of the way of the other party goers, trying to read his book despite the cataphony he was suddenly exposed to. He didn't mind going to parties, but he wasnt exactly fond of people to begin with.

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Approach the pierced man (Max . Make small talk. Pleased to meet you. My name is Nathaniel, psychologist by profession. So, what's your name?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile

Antioch!, replies Antioch, shouting over the music as if it were some kind of nightclub. What brings you here?

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Huh. You know, I can't quite recall... Probably something to do with networking?

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile

Josephi, partially annoyed but mostly amused, saunters over to the food table and starts picking through it, occasionally grunting as he picks up food and puts it on a plate.

”Ах, такой замечательный набор деликатесов. Вкусно.”
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22