Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22

Author Topic: [Waitlisters Welcome] Servants of Madness: A Lovecraftian RTD (6/8) Turn 19  (Read 35181 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Oooooohhh, this ... this hits my interest buttons, yes it does. I’ll see if I can’t get a character sheet up in the next few days.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Still Turn 0: Something is... Wrong.

Mallo would mainly be staying out of the way of the other party goers, trying to read his book despite the cataphony he was suddenly exposed to. He didn't mind going to parties, but he wasnt exactly fond of people to begin with.
You decide to ignore the other guests and focus in a book you are holding... Huh, you don't remember having read this book before. You decide to examine the first page for a title, as the cover is completely black.

"Liber Ivonis"

Only now you realize that you have been reading latin this whole time. You look again and every page look like gibberish now. You try to remember anything about what you have been reading, but nothing comes to your mind. You don't anything to read and you can't translate the book, so you just sit on a chair at the table without doing anything. You notice a bald man talking to himself while picking various snacks of the table.

Approach the pierced man (Max . Make small talk. Pleased to meet you. My name is Nathaniel, psychologist by profession. So, what's your name?
Antioch!, replies Antioch, shouting over the music as if it were some kind of nightclub. What brings you here?

Both of you successfully make small talk. While engaged in your conversation, Antioch and Nathaniel hear the bald guy say something in russian.
"Ah, such a wonderful set of delicacies. Delicious."
Somehow, both of them manage to instantly understand and translate what he's saying, despite lacking knowledge of the language. Strange...

Then you see him eating eyeballs from a bowl in the table. Ewww.

Josephi, partially annoyed but mostly amused, saunters over to the food table and starts picking through it, occasionally grunting as he picks up food and puts it on a plate.

”Ах, такой замечательный набор деликатесов. Вкусно.”
You start picking snacks from the table. You get some cookies, a sandwich, a pair of eyeballs and some pizza... Wait a second...
This pizza has no cheese at all! As you munch on the eyeballs you get the feelling that there is something terribly wrong with this place.

While picking snacks, you notice a young man sitting at the table with a bored look in his face. He doesn't seem to be enjoying the party at all!

(There were no rolls because we are still on the prologue. Continue roleplaying and talking until we can propely start. If we don't have enough players by tomorrow, I will continue with 4 players.)

(Next turn will be tomorrow because I'm going to sleep.)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 08:19:31 pm by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Approach the man who spoke in russian. Hello. How are you?
Don't eat ghosts, that's how we got into this mess to begin with.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

Latin? How very odd. I should go look up a Latin to English dictionary some time. Even so, i can tell the first word means "free." But free what?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile

”Здравствуйте! Вы пробовали эти глазные яблоки? Они абсолютно изысканные, как сладкие конфеты.”

Always one to make the most of an unpleasant situation, Josephi squeezes one of the eyeballs over his pizza to let the intraocular fluid act as a cheese substitute. He continues happily munching on the veritable smorgasbord of foods available.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile

Momentarily taken aback by the rudeness of this "Nathaniel" having wandered away mid-conversation, Antioch decides, cautiously, to try an eyeball. After all, he has heard, somehow, that they are absolutely exquisite.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 10:44:10 pm by Maximum Spin »

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This sounds quite interesting. I'd really like to join.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 12:10:30 am by juicebox »

Questorhank

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll find something to put here... eventually
    • View Profile

Looks like I don't have time to make a character today, I'll let whoever's first on the waitlist get my spot.
RTD Graveyard
Many people have gone missing or died.
I don't remember their names.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Would replacing scarabs with increased luck work ? ( if yes, then here it is )

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This sounds quite interesting. I'd really like to join.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Accepted.
Would replacing scarabs with increased luck work ? ( if yes, then here it is )
Sure. I'll edit your sheet.

I guess we have 6 players now, so I can propely start the game. Turn soon.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Waitlist Open] Servants of Madness: A Lovecraftian RTD (6/6) Turn 1
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2018, 08:37:20 am »

Turn 1: The Beginning of Chaos.

Latin? How very odd. I should go look up a Latin to English dictionary some time. Even so, i can tell the first word means "free." But free what?

[3] - You are quite sure the book means something like "Free Ivy" or "Free Ebony". Since you don't have a dictionary with you right now, you can only guess about the contents of the tome.
You notice the man with piercings try an eyeball then screaming suddenly falling unconscious. He continues to scream while unconscious.
The bald guy tries another with pizza and vomits on the ground. You guess eating suspicious eyeballs in a party in which you don't know anything about anyone is a bad idea.

”Здравствуйте! Вы пробовали эти глазные яблоки? Они абсолютно изысканные, как сладкие конфеты.”

Always one to make the most of an unpleasant situation, Josephi squeezes one of the eyeballs over his pizza to let the intraocular fluid act as a cheese substitute. He continues happily munching on the veritable smorgasbord of foods available.

[2] - Wait a second! These are actual, human eyes!
You vomit on the ground. Some of the partygoers laugh, while others look worried about your health.
While vomiting, you see the man with piercings screaming in the ground. Maybe you should do something about that.

Momentarily taken aback by the rudeness of this "Nathaniel" having wandered away mid-conversation, Antioch decides, cautiously, to try an eyeball. After all, he has heard, somehow, that they are absolutely exquisite.

[6] - You try an eyeball and suddenly feel your eyes truly open for the first time in your whole life. You scream and fall through the illusion.

Spoiler: Maximum Spin Only (click to show/hide)
Madness!

Everone is currently standing in a circle around Antioch, who has apparently gone absolute nuts about something. He's screaming while lying unconscious in the ground, and some of the curious guests have started to form a circle around them. You notice 3 persons that weren't here before: A tall man wearing glasses and a suit, a younger one that also has glasses and an ear ring, and a black man in an expensive black suit with a worried look in his face.

juicebox and sprinkled chairot are in!

The black man grabs Antioch and quickly slaps him over and over until he stops screaming and wakes up, forgetting most of what he saw behind the illusion. The black man helps him stand up.

Madness Cured!

The man speaks: "I apologize, sir. I forgot to remind the chefs that HUMANS DON'T EAT EYES!" He screams these last words at some of the men, who take the bowls of eyes and bring them through one of the doors of the room. "Yeah, sorry about that. Your friend should be fine now."

Spoiler: Dustan Hache Only (click to show/hide)

(First actual turn. Everyone is now aware that something is off with this place.)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 02:48:39 pm by randomgenericusername »

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2018, 10:51:27 am »

That black man is suspicious. Try to figure out how he would have reacted to have eaten eyes.
Don't eat ghosts, that's how we got into this mess to begin with.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2018, 11:10:19 am »

Mallo would stare at the messenger from a distance in a conflicted state. Half of him wanted to ask about what they knew, and the other half didn't want to go anywhere near them. Not just because they are an outer god mind you, but because he already was adverse to social interaction, and from the way they were acting this situation would rapidly go from bad to worse.
"Well, no pain, no gain I suppose..."
Against his better judgement, he would approach the crawling chaos, and greet them.
"Ah, I know you from somewhere. You're quite the.. Exotic host if I do say. I would ask for an autograph, but knowing who you are, that is probably not a good idea. Is there anything that I might be able to do for you?"
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2018, 12:58:09 pm »

John while surprised by current flow of events will still keep being gentleman of fine manners, Russel would greet black man in expensive suit, who seems to be host of event.

( btw, how modern is modern world, year ? )

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2018, 01:40:35 pm »

John while surprised by current flow of events will still keep being gentleman of fine manners, Russel would greet black man in expensive suit, who seems to be host of event.

( btw, how modern is modern world, year ? )
(Year is 201X)

(I'll wait for more actions before next update.)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22