Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22

Author Topic: [Waitlisters Welcome] Servants of Madness: A Lovecraftian RTD (6/8) Turn 19  (Read 35229 times)

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: [Waitlist Open] Servants of Madness: A Lovecraftian RTD (6/6) Turn 1
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2018, 01:45:46 pm »

Son of a... это пиздец!

Continue vomiting.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2018, 02:48:05 pm »

(I should note that the second post is updated after every turn. I also now included the book in Mallo's inventory and added current status for everyone.)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2018, 03:31:49 pm »

Antioch tries to remember and process his vague recollections of having seen something strange while also deciding to strike up a conversation with one of the newcomers.
Hey, sweet piercings. Want to help me try to wake up the King?

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2018, 03:36:33 pm »

(Only need an action from juicebox to continue to the next turn. Unless sprinkled chariot wants to do something else instead of just greeting the mysterious man.)
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2018, 03:51:03 pm »

Fully fine with just greeting (((( how does being followers of somewhat friendly gods work, considering that Nyarlothotep is Azatoths servant and messenger, as I get it ))))

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2018, 04:11:45 pm »

Fully fine with just greeting (((( how does being followers of somewhat friendly gods work, considering that Nyarlothotep is Azatoths servant and messenger, as I get it ))))
(If you are talking about Patron Gods, you don't need to worship something to get their attention. A Patron God is a god that has become interested in the life of a mortal. They protect that mortal for various reasons like curiosity about their future and fate, amusement of their silly antics or just because it wouldn't be fun to have them die so soon and end the show. Some cults do worship gods. In exchange of faith and sacrifices (which the gods enjoy as they give them more power and influence), they may decide to grant their mortal followers boons.)

(In the case of Nyarlathotep, he enjoys human civilization and is amused by them, commonly disguising as one and descending to earth to mess with the mortals. While he may excuse himself by saying that he's "fulfilling Azathoth wishes", keep in mind the guy is asleep and anything he could call "orders" are probably random thoughts mumbled during his rest. Azathoth wouldn't really want anything from a dream. What he probably really wants might even be to just wake up, which the Outer Gods prevent him from doing. Keeping him prisoner in his mind just for their continued existence.)

(Of course, no one really knows how do the minds of Azathoth, Nyarlathotep and the Outer Gods work. But I will assume this is what's going on in this RTD. I'm not going to copy everything from the mythos, some stuff will change.)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 04:14:06 pm by randomgenericusername »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Waitlist Open] Servants of Madness: A Lovecraftian RTD (6/6) Turn 2
« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2018, 06:19:29 pm »

Turn 2: The Sultan and his Pharaoh.

Son of a... это пиздец!

Continue vomiting.

[1] - Somehow, you absolutely fail to vomit and feel sick. You have never felt better in your whole life!
You also notice John screaming at the mysterious man and Nathaniel thinking about something really hard.

John while surprised by current flow of events will still keep being gentleman of fine manners, Russel would greet black man in expensive suit, who seems to be host of event.

( btw, how modern is modern world, year ? )

[6] - You scream a greeting to the man as loudly as possible, expressing with all of your breath how grateful you are of being part of the party. You become winded after the effort and need to rest before talking again to regain your breath.
"Right, thank you and please shut up. I understand you want to express your gratitude and I might know the perfect way for you to repay me the favor... We'll talk about it later."
You feel like you have seen or heard about this man before, but you can't remember fully.

That black man is suspicious. Try to figure out how he would have reacted to have eaten eyes.

[4+1] - You quickly realize the man's mind doesn't work like that of a common person. You don't know what does this means, but with the way he reacted to the chefs and the eyes, you deduce that he eats human eyes regularly just like a common person might eat a chocolate. The chefs might have not realized that common humans don't eat eyes...

Mallo would stare at the messenger from a distance in a conflicted state. Half of him wanted to ask about what they knew, and the other half didn't want to go anywhere near them. Not just because they are an outer god mind you, but because he already was adverse to social interaction, and from the way they were acting this situation would rapidly go from bad to worse.
"Well, no pain, no gain I suppose..."
Against his better judgement, he would approach the crawling chaos, and greet them.
"Ah, I know you from somewhere. You're quite the.. Exotic host if I do say. I would ask for an autograph, but knowing who you are, that is probably not a good idea. Is there anything that I might be able to do for you?"

[5] - "Ah, I see. You seem to understand what's going on here, unlike your simple-minded companions. You remember me, right?"

Spoiler: Dustan Hache Only (click to show/hide)

Everyone else just sees the man in the black suit twitch for a second before just giving a look of understanding to a confused Mallo.
"I know he sometimes gets excited about things like that, I'm sorry. Entities like me don't have a lot of control over it, as their are manifestations of the belief of mortals."

"Talking about annoyances and mortals..."

Antioch tries to remember and process his vague recollections of having seen something strange while also deciding to strike up a conversation with one of the newcomers.
Hey, sweet piercings. Want to help me try to wake up the King?

[5] - You manage to recall everything, but now you have time to think carefully about it. You are about to say something, but then you gaze at the sultan sitting on the throne.

You know what would happen if he woke up. And you get the feeling that if you ever moved there with the intention of trying to wake him up, the "men" would crush you to death with their "musical instruments". You don't feel like dying right now just to end the universe...
You suddenly snap and realize that the man in the black suit had been staring at you really hard. Did he influence your thoughts?

"Everyone is probably wondering about things like "where we are?" or "why we are here?",but I don't believe this is the right place to talk. I know of a less noisy place we can discuss at. Follow me, mortals. I mean, humans. I mean... Eh, whatever. Just come with me so I accomplish my job."

The man in the black suit exits though one of the doors of the room. You all have some time to discuss or talk before he returns.

(I decided to skip juicebox for now. Also, a reminder to bold your actions, please.)
(Updates will be more frequent during weekends. Next turn will be tomorrow late.)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 06:22:46 pm by randomgenericusername »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2018, 07:08:44 pm »

(did I seriously just get the shining trapezohedron on turn 2? Wow.)
"To some degree, yes. But it's like a passing glance at a celebrity." he says in response before the split second glimpse at things beyond his full understanding. He shakes his head vigorously after that, trying not to think on it too much.
"Well, Regardless, things seem to be turning interesting. Do lead on, sir."
follow them. It's not often that you get to meet a person like this at all.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2018, 07:35:30 pm »

Follow the man? in the suit. Rack my knowledge of the supernatural for any creatures that fit what I know about him. Pay special attention to any stories focusing on madness.

Speak to Antioch:
"Are you ok?"

Don't eat ghosts, that's how we got into this mess to begin with.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2018, 07:42:08 pm »

(did I seriously just get the shining trapezohedron on turn 2? Wow.)
"To some degree, yes. But it's like a passing glance at a celebrity." he says in response before the split second glimpse at things beyond his full understanding. He shakes his head vigorously after that, trying not to think on it too much.
"Well, Regardless, things seem to be turning interesting. Do lead on, sir."
follow them. It's not often that you get to meet a person like this at all.
(It was because of multiple good rolls and because you need a way to be able to contact your god. Not a big deal, apparently the Mi-Go from Yuggoth make tons of those.)

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2018, 08:37:07 pm »

Looks like the best way to find out what's going on is to follow this guy
said Ryan.

Follow the Man in Black. Check for anything else unusual

Also, I know he's a black man in a black suit, but black text? Some of us use darkling y'know

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2018, 08:45:43 pm »

Speak to Antioch: "Are you ok?"
A conundrum. The sleeping King – do you wonder if he dreams? I tell you that he does. He cannot wake, though for a moment I thought he wants. ... Will you come with me to seek answers from his servant?
Scarcely waiting for a response, Antioch pushed forward and scoured the buffet table for any items that might be repurposed to perform an occult ritual, such as the kind one might undertake to invoke an eldritch entity to obtain terrible secrets from it, before following the man through the door.

Regarding the question of hierarchy between Azathoth and Nyarlathotep, I've always been of the school that Nyarlathotep is in fact Azathoth's own avatar in the dream.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 05:56:03 pm by Maximum Spin »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2018, 09:04:53 pm »

Also, I know he's a black man in a black suit, but black text? Some of us use darkling y'know
At least it isn't gray. That's even worse with darkling.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2018, 09:58:39 pm »

OK?
Don't eat ghosts, that's how we got into this mess to begin with.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2018, 04:29:05 am »

Russel
Attempt to remember anything about black man.

Ask the young man with book, what he is currently reading.

Then follow the black man.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 04:34:38 am by sprinkled chariot »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22