Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28

Author Topic: Ägashfamthut, "Bandithorses," Where we steal everything and die to caves  (Read 60321 times)

Stoat tales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ägashfamthut, "Bandithorses," Where we steal everything and die to caves
« Reply #390 on: August 15, 2018, 02:39:23 pm »

Somebody give me a shout when the new fortress is ready, I enjoyed playing the last one

Moonstone_Flower

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLIPPED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: August 16, 2018, 02:19:59 pm »

I could pitch in my good/evil biome revamp as well if you were to do a tundra fort - evil ones would have a lot of various undead, good ones just have some fey ice-attuned animals. My main pack also has a lot of creatures for the arctic regions - should mostly be stable since I'm kinda past the patching phases now (though I may require some of it once I finish the BFA update for my main pack)
In that case, might embark on a good and evil tundra at the same time (tip: world tiles connecting diagonally go into different regions).
I'll admit to being partial to volcano embarks.  If you can actually make a volcano show up in tundra... well, I'm not entirely sure what I'd do.  Probably squee in joy.
Difficult to generate, but I should be able to do that.
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

OOH If it's half good and half evil we can give it the nickname "Bipolarity."
Bipolarhorses.

My computer's made of breadsticks.
Your computer may be delicious.

Somebody give me a shout when the new fortress is ready, I enjoyed playing the last one
Same for me, I'd like to join in as an overseer again.
Grand Master Depressive
Hate Javascript?  Use this for image uploading.
I am a delicate flower!
...of lewdness and lesbianism
Sadly, the head doctor MoonstoneFlower became depressed.  I am not sure if she will be able to recover.

youngbab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: August 23, 2018, 11:48:34 am »

I'm down to play in the next fort as well. Probably won't be able to play on the round though, so put me up for the second.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: August 24, 2018, 05:49:20 pm »

Sorry for taking so long to get back to this, it's been pretty hectic here.

So can somebody either:

A) send me a link to a good custom world generator

or

B) make a custom world with the above requirements

I'm fine with making one myself, I've just... never done that before.

...like, EVER.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: August 25, 2018, 04:33:51 am »

Well, first, what would be the constraint for next fort? Moonstone_Flower suggested no digging...And that's as far as discussion got. Could be interesting to pair with a bit larger cavernless/magmaless map where half of it is deadly hot in summer and half of it deadly cold in winter, thus forcing to run fort as nomads - no time for it to get old if it is a succession.

As for tools, I use a spreasheet for doing the psvs I could send over, and PatrikLundell has tweakmap/exportmap for an alternative in-game ui - but if you can't manage to use regionmanipulator or biomemanipulator, you likely won't be able to use those either, and the spreadsheet is done in gnumeric (where differences from more common spreadsheet software is important).

Though I'll note the worldgen requirements aren't exactly clear, either. Civs, resources, water, uninvited guests, which mods, temp range (beyond 'tundra'), etc.

Well, none of the ideas clash as far as I could see, so could just use them all. Not sure if interesting enough if, say, the world only has your civ and everything else is dead, though.

Moonstone_Flower

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLIPPED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: August 26, 2018, 12:36:35 am »

Fleeting Frames, I think I'm in love.  Could you post what you use, or shoot me a PM?  I'd love to study that spreadsheet and poke at it.  LibreOffice, woo~
Grand Master Depressive
I am a delicate flower!
Sadly, the head doctor MoonstoneFlower became depressed.  I am not sure if she will be able to recover.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: August 26, 2018, 03:25:46 am »

Love is a great feeling and I'm not sure I'm deserving of it here, but when it fades I still have my spreadsheet. Note that this is the latest, relatively untested version with max-width of 255 (256 and 257 would have to be pasted in with a replacement); all my previous painted worldgens you've seen posted have been done with max width of 65 because I've never needed more. Also, with some of the parameters inside I found that DF seems to refuse to accept too many large biomes, giving a different sort of error, which was interesting and annoying.

Note that I do use libreoffice for greater copy and paste freedom in a different file - then once I'm done, I convert all the P and L and such letters I used for marking swamps and shrublands and the like into respective rainfall/drainage/etc. then paste them into the .gnumeric file.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 03:27:58 am by Fleeting Frames »

Moonstone_Flower

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLIPPED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: August 27, 2018, 12:25:56 am »

"She can easily fall in love or develop positive sentiments.  She is often sad and dejected."

Moonstone_Flower cancels make post:  Too depressed.
Grand Master Depressive
I am a delicate flower!

Moonstone_Flower

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLIPPED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: August 27, 2018, 12:33:29 am »

Depression unrelated.

On-topic...  The "forced nomads" idea scares me, and I want to eat onion rings.  (Onion rings are always relevant)

Edit:  Me Speelung guhd!

Edit 2:  Fleeting Frames, gnumeric wants to pull in over 100MB of deps.  :-\  Is that really the only workable option?  Kinda working with limited space on / here.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 12:55:15 am by Moonstone_Flower »
Grand Master Depressive
I am a delicate flower!

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: August 27, 2018, 11:33:37 pm »

Sadly you can't produce farm onion rings in dwarf fortress. You could cook onion biscuits with tallow, but you can't farm onions since they have no way to yield seeds.

There may be other options, but saving it at as .ods and opening it in libreoffice calc is not one of them, at least not without further editing.

and concatenate doesn't support ranges in openoffice, so it only outputs [PS_RF:::::].

It would be theoretically possible to use 17/33/65/etc. individual cells with IF-choice between 17/33/65/etc. in a monster of IF formula. Practically writing it is too much effort for me, but you could do it and then uninstall gnumeric and its deps.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 11:36:59 pm by Fleeting Frames »

Moonstone_Flower

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLIPPED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: August 28, 2018, 01:28:37 am »

We could also simply mod in a reaction to make onion rings.  If we do that, we need to have fried plump helmets as well, in addition to pickling cucumbers and then frying slices of the pickles.
Grand Master Depressive
I am a delicate flower!

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: August 28, 2018, 03:24:52 am »

That would get you the seeds, though it is another mod to add to worldgen. Though could go the whole hog with harder agriculture/some improved cooking mod alongside it.

Anyway, I guess I shall be frying some organic non-GMO locally-grown onion rings myself now.

Moonstone_Flower

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLIPPED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: August 28, 2018, 08:30:42 pm »

Anyway, I guess I shall be frying some organic non-GMO locally-grown onion rings myself now.

I formally request that you share them with me.
Grand Master Depressive
I am a delicate flower!

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: August 28, 2018, 08:49:32 pm »

Natch. I already ate them. You shouldn't eat them anyway, soaked in fat they're incredibly unhealthy.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28