Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 28

Author Topic: Ägashfamthut, "Bandithorses," Where we steal everything and die to caves  (Read 60608 times)

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile

That's making me wonder what is happening in this world - seems either like the kobolds got obliterated or the elves and humans just decided to settle a random cave.

I know there are kobold caves too, I've seen them on the map, and the one we're next to is kobold populated.

If there's still a spot left, or one opens up at some point, I'd be happy to join.

Welcome aboard!

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ooh, migrants! Just in time for the new meeting area too.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Let's see, what do we got? Two farmers and a gem setter. One of the gem setters is married to one of the farmers, but don't have on screen children. Meanwhile, the other farmer is married, but neither her husband or only child live here with her. Interesting.

Well, if you aren't dorfed and okay with having your dwarf being married, say the word.

DAMN YOU KEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS!

Well, it's autumn now, so except it to be Stoat's turn soon.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile

I'll be the gem setter, if you would be so kind.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile

I would like to have a dwarf also. I don't have a profession in mind. As long as it's not something stupid like pump operating. :P

MrLurkety

• Bay Watcher
  • Bogeymen are tasty. So am I, to the bogeymen.
    • View Profile

I'd like a bachelor if possible, but I don't mind if you can't find one.
Bay12 Evo game
-snip-
I'm not an expert on the political climate but I'm pretty sure that politicians don't join armies and invade dwarven fortresses.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

PTW

I'd like a turn, but I can't start until April 20th.

ETA: It's been ages since I had a chance to sit down and play DF so this version is going to be new to me. Losing is fun. :D
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 09:27:29 am by Ghills »
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll be the gem setter, if you would be so kind.

Done!

I would like to have a dwarf also. I don't have a profession in mind. As long as it's not something stupid like pump operating. :P

Even better: Farmer/Pikachu17's husband.

Consider it shipped suckers :D

I'd like a bachelor if possible, but I don't mind if you can't find one.

No bachelors yet, but that might change with the next migrant wave.

I'd like a turn, but I can't start until April 20th.

ETA: It's been ages since I had a chance to sit down and play DF so this version is going to be new to me. Losing is fun. :D

I'll just reserve a spot for ya then.

I dorfed Bearskie as that last farmer migrant with a husband and child off map.

Ah, merchants.
Why do we need merchants? We're goddamn robbers. We don't buy shit, we steal it!

We don't have a good military yet though... bah. One day these fools will learn, learn I say!

One of the dogs gave birth to six puppies... it has begun. I started Stoat training them too, so we can have war dogs.

I got a couple of nest boxes up, so we can start egg production.

Aha, migrants! Let's see what we got... a bunch of hunters, and a new brewer. Well, unskilled at brewing as of yet, but he's MrLurkety now, soon to be master brewer.

Well, I'll try very hard to finish the year tomorrow, if not you can take it when almost done Stoat. I need to get archers training and finish the defense hallway, but things are looking good.

Oh yeah, and bedrooms. Those are good too.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd like a dwarf, profession doesn't matter.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile

I don't remember if I asked for a dorf or not, but if you ever make any of those hunters into archers I'll take one.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile

Even better: Farmer/Pikachu17's husband.

Consider it shipped suckers :D
narrows eyes
...acceptable.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd like a dwarf, profession doesn't matter.
I don't remember if I asked for a dorf or not, but if you ever make any of those hunters into archers I'll take one.

You're both archers then! Tis what I was planning to do with em.

Speaking of which, remember that defensive hallway I mentioned?

That's a whole lot of fortifications and a training room. Apparently archery targets are significantly more glitchy then I thought, but I saw MottledPetrel using them, so...

I am trying to mess with it though so the station command works... they seem to like running to the other end of the wall instead of on the right side of the fortifications.

I don't have a good food system or bedrooms up yet... that's gonna have to be Stoat's job.

I believe a system of doors that can be locked should be our method of controlling the archers. That way, we can lock paths we don't want them going down, directing them down paths we want them to move to.

In other news, I've made several large mining tunnels, in an effort to find iron. This map said there was flux stone, but were we just unlucky? We could have made a grave mistake with this embark, for all we have as of yet is more conglomerate and granite then we could ever need.

As I wrote this, I gave out a long sigh, as I have missed several nights of sleep on this work. I've decided I can't do this forever, so I shall pass this task ahead of us to Stoat. I shall not be the one to lead us to riches, she will.

Farewell for now my faithful recruits, but feel free to tell me if you find yourself in need of my skills once more. Until then, goodbye.

Two OOC things about downloading this, first, the world is for 44.07, you can try to transfer it to 44.08 though if you want Stoat.
Second, since this caused issues last time, please try to stick to ASCII :D
Third, this is a mod, dunno if you have to have the mod downloaded yourself or if you can just use a modded world. I think that's how it works? You're gonna have to test that one yourself.

Here ya go Stoat Tales!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 05:06:41 pm by Derpy Dev »

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile

The mod raws will be in the save file already, but if there are any speech files you will have to download the mod and add them yourself. Also... that incredibly long hallway will inevitably drive efficiency into the ground, because anyone hauling something that makes them walk slower will take absolutely ages to get where they're going.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam

There's only one speech file last I recall, for one of the third layer critters.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The mod raws will be in the save file already, but if there are any speech files you will have to download the mod and add them yourself. Also... that incredibly long hallway will inevitably drive efficiency into the ground, because anyone hauling something that makes them walk slower will take absolutely ages to get where they're going.

There's only one speech file last I recall, for one of the third layer critters.

Ah okay, thanks.

Also, that hallway leads to... (here he shivers, and speaks in a hoarse whisper) the outside world.

Normally, dwarves won't be going there unless it's the rare occasion where we need logs. And since the map is so small, any invaders only have to go five feet before reaching the fort. The hallway's kinda important.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile

Hey guys, I don't think I'm going to be able to play. Could you remove me from the player list? Thanks in advance.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 28