Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 28

Author Topic: Ägashfamthut, "Bandithorses," Where we steal everything and die to caves  (Read 60698 times)

wags

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

May I please be dorfed as a warrior/archer when one becomes available?
Have a nice day!

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile

Alright, it's Hun's turn now! Neat!

Why do we have rabbits? Or is the bug with butchering them only producing a skull fixed?

Dunno if that bug been fixed, but I just grabbed a bunny because we had two extra points at the start.

May I please be dorfed as a warrior/archer when one becomes available?

Kay! You hear that Hun?

hun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay guys, I have no time to play before the weekend, but promise to bring some glory to Bandithorses then.

I might ask to have a prolonged turn (say, until the end of the next week), but maybe not. We will see.

Kay! You hear that Hun?

Sure, will do. Let me inspect our military forces first.  :D
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 05:00:29 pm by hun »

Stoat tales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why do we have rabbits? Or is the bug with butchering them only producing a skull fixed?
The better question is why don't we have enough rabbits yet?

BanditRabbits sounds like a cool name anyway

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay guys, I have no time to play before the weekend, but promise to bring some glory to Bandithorses then.

I might ask to have a prolonged turn (say, until the end of the next week), but maybe not. We will see.

Kay! You hear that Hun?

Sure, will do. Let me inspect our military forces first.  :D

Kay, just tell me if you need your turn extended before next Tuesday :)

hun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What? You ask me to oversee the whole fort?

Shouldn't be much harder than manage my small cozy archery squad, right?

(I found my avatar to be a quite correct representation of myself here and there, hmmmm)

And by the way, the squad is TOO small and cozy. The bunch of pussies, even thought I'm the only actual gal in it! Skills barely passed Novice state, almost no ammunition (even for archery training), no armor and other equipment... Also training was turned off for both squads, so they practically were doing nothing. Let's settle this as the first priority. I also want to move training room and barracks closer to the archery room.

Secondly - no deposits of metals found yet? We should find some, copper at least, if we want healthy industry and defence. So we started diging more probing tunnels on several layers.
... at the second thought and after most of the work done I recalled that we were promised only by deep metal deposits. Well, few gems clusters are nice anyway. Our miners go in depth from now on.

Our major and captin of guard were BEGGING me for decent appartments, so I ordered to carve them (2 rooms, office and dining room, for each) at the tavern floor.

I knew I am bad at farming business, but.. the heck is that?!

Can anyone explain to me, what exactly among these can be used in textile industry? Because I have no idea. Maybe some random thrashing at the farmer's workshop would help me figure out. Our stocks of cloth are scarce, and we need to do something about it by the time dwarves' apparel would start falling apart.

Meanwhile, MrLurkety was officially qualified as a brewer. Congratulations!

We have TWENTY migrants in a single wave. 2 very good weaponsmiths, several potent brewers, 2 medics with Talented in different areas of medicine, a High Master dyer that come handy later.
Sounds cool, but we need to carve A LOT of bedrooms. I gonna order both new luxorious 3x5 and standard 3x3 rooms at the housing floor.

The summer has begun and then all these happened in the same damn day!

I suppose we can say goodbye to our living stocks, since the choice for pasture wasn't particularly good...

Ugh, the summer promises to be VERY HOT. Stay with us in Bandithorses (where we are being bullied by bandits and even may lose our only horse!)

--------------------

I am terribly sorry to delay the game, but may I ask for an extension untill the end of next Sunday? I will try to finish earlier though.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 12:10:16 pm by hun »

MrLurkety

• Bay Watcher
  • Bogeymen are tasty. So am I, to the bogeymen.
    • View Profile

From the journal of MrLurkety, Brewer:
  My papers were finally processed by the guild. Even though I was still making drinks before, I can at least call myself a brewer now.
  I still wonder why this was needed.
Bay12 Evo game
-snip-
I'm not an expert on the political climate but I'm pretty sure that politicians don't join armies and invade dwarven fortresses.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam

Regarding the plants, the new ones can't be used for the textile industry (I meant for darkthorns to be usable for it, but messed something up with them - I should have a fix for it but I don't think it'd work on an active save) - most of the new plants are brewable though, and some (slime-mosses, corpseblooms, marrowplants and hellblood shrubs) give minor stat boosts when a dwarf drinks the brew made from it - others are mostly there as an alternate food source.

hun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Regarding the plants, the new ones can't be used for the textile industry (I meant for darkthorns to be usable for it, but messed something up with them - I should have a fix for it but I don't think it'd work on an active save) - most of the new plants are brewable though, and some (slime-mosses, corpseblooms, marrowplants and hellblood shrubs) give minor stat boosts when a dwarf drinks the brew made from it - others are mostly there as an alternate food source.

Wait, what? But I cannot see pigtail in the list at all, and I thought this is a part of the mod changes. Does that mean that underground farms cannot be used for textile or did I mess something up?

UPD: Oh silly me, I forgot the seasons. Thanks for information anyway.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 12:55:03 pm by hun »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam

The only change I made to pigtails is making them only appear in the first layer - no idea why they're not showing up.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay Hun! I'll extend it as far as next Sunday, but that's as far as I can push it. Sorry.

Wait, did the bunnies get killed?

hun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nobody got killed YET, I will continue to play tomorrow or Thuesday  :)

I was lazy and had a vague feeling that we need a better place for pasture, so I didn't add anything to it and it contains only one bunny, a pet of King Zultan:

hun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"EVERYONE - INSIDE THE DAMN FORT! We are closing NOW!"

I looked through alert papers.
- "The hell is that? Our emergency recommendations MAKE NO SENSE AT ALL! They order military to do NOTHING and to all civilians to go around entrance hall fortifications. The one who wrote them apparently wanted me to organize a welcome party to the goblins!

"ARRGH okay, let's command from my heart! CIVILIANS - in the tavern! The Shooty Guys - to the fortifications! Guys with big sticks - to the  beginning of the tunnel, to be ready to smash those goblins who would survive the bolts... I will rewrite the papers later, so they would be helpful!" [I set up the alert, works fine now. Just set both squads and civilians in "Marksdwarves in hall" alert]

We should be grateful to llamas and other folks on the pasture - while the goblins were butchering them, all the dwarves had time to hide inside the fortress, even an unlucky herbalist Urvald, who were like ten meters from the goblins when they came. OK, NOW PULL THE LEVER!

Man, this is no good. Archers are too slow to take positions... although after some delay we were ready, and nobody tried to go to the wrong side of fortifications or did something otherwise stupid...

However, very few of us turned out to have any bolts! And even those who do, mostly have shitty wooden bolts, not really effective. While the goblins had 3 archers with iron ammunition.

After some time, our 3 brave melee dwarves have engaged and the close range combat started. Our archers tried to support them from sides of the hall: the battle was in a direct view.

It didn't last long. A complete victory! Not a single dwarf got killed, although all 3 melee dwarves were injured one way or another.

Our absolute champion is captian of gourd Zan: got almost no wounds and 6 goblins killed. The other 4 goblins were taken by Meng.

So, the main take-away: we need ammunition and proper training for our rangers! The archery squad did almost nothing in this battle, althought the entrance hall seems to be quite well-designed.
We have now some copper and iron equipment, also some pieces are damaged and quality is pretty low. We may want to melt it later.

Human caravan came just after the siege. i bought some metal equipment as well as iron trinkets (for melting), and took all the cloth and leather they brought.

Puppyguard finished the artifact. The second artifact casket in Bandithorses. I hope this fact has no meaning.

Our miners found first metal ore - the ore of zinc (and lots of it). Better than nothing, but not exactly what we are looking for.

Six migrants came. Nobody notable, except one good medic.

It is Galena now. I will continue in next two days.

Moonstone_Flower

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLIPPED]
    • View Profile

I'm quite certain that I set only "Shooty Guys" to use the burrow during the "In Hall" alert.  Were the civvies really set to use it as well?

The "Captain of the Gourd" thing was intentional, by the way.  I misread the original title that way, decided that it was funny, and renamed it(and did the same thing in-universe).

As for the copper (and other) gear, yeah, I didn't get around to even marking it for melting after getting it from the caravans.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 08:19:51 am by Moonstone_Flower »
Grand Master Depressive
Hate Javascript?  Use this for image uploading.
I am a delicate flower!
...of lewdness and lesbianism
Sadly, the head doctor MoonstoneFlower became depressed.  I am not sure if she will be able to recover.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 28