Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 28

Author Topic: Ägashfamthut, "Bandithorses," Where we steal everything and die to caves  (Read 59656 times)

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile

Preferably some festering swamp, maybe with a little bit of ocean or lake access, I feel like it would suit the 'skulking bandit' theme.

I like that!

Put it as close to as many places to rob from possible. I guess that's a given, though.

I was going to make a more civilization-dense world, so we will have plenty of people to rob.

Definitely make the embark spot near a Kobold cave.

Let's steal from those dog besterds ! (and have them "steal" us back)

That'll be a bit harder, though I'll probably just add more caves and see how many of them get Kobolds with Legends Viewer.

It's not that hard to edit aquifers out of the raws, if we wish to embark in an aquifer prone area.

And trust me, I'd love to do so xD It ain't hard!

Perhaps some good Dwarfish despair will be a useful break from the regular kind.  Go ahead and sign me up, but I make no promises that I'll have motivation to play at any given time.

Consider it done!

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, so what we have so far is:
We embark on a swamp next to a lake, ocean or river, whichever generates first.
In a civilization-dense world.
If I can get them to survive in a civilization-dense world, next to kobolds as well.
And without an aquifer.

Sound good to everyone? Or does anybody want this changed before I start genning worlds?

Stoat tales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sounds perfect, go for it

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sounds good to me.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Moonstone_Flower

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLIPPED]
    • View Profile

Sounds fun!  How long is the history going to be?
Grand Master Depressive
Hate Javascript?  Use this for image uploading.
I am a delicate flower!
...of lewdness and lesbianism
Sadly, the head doctor MoonstoneFlower became depressed.  I am not sure if she will be able to recover.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sounds fun!  How long is the history going to be?

As long as it can get if I walk away for ten minutes xD

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So after a short bit, I managed to gen a world! It has a nice little saltwater swamp next to an ocean and a (possibly extinct) kobold cave.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That's four tiles of swamp, but here's the kicker, there's only flux stone in the ocean, not the swamp. So to get iron we have to dig underneath about a million tons of water. There is no problem with this.

Here's the world if you wanna look it over yourself. I know there's an artifact thong somewhere in there, so that's a plus.

Here it is on DFFD! Take a look at it, someone who can get legends viewer working xD

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile

That spawn location looks perfect, surely the best place to steal all of the world's artifact undergarments.

hun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You have just revived me from the Abyss of Internets with your cool idea of a new ~horse story (and good cause and theme to check out new version of DF).

Sign me in.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile

PTW
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You have just revived me from the Abyss of Internets with your cool idea of a new ~horse story (and good cause and theme to check out new version of DF).

Sign me in.

Welcome back Hun! Signing you up now.

I guess now's the point where we talk about what we'll start off with? I'm thinking four picks and miners, then a whole lot of the new cavern-dwelling pets you can start with. How do you like the sound of that?

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile

Just grab whatever sounds cool, because in my experience not much survives the cavern stuff. They have too many necrosis related syndromes to really make an actually defense viable.

Stoat tales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

start with rutherers if you can, we can breed them for valuable bone crafts

Moonstone_Flower

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLIPPED]
    • View Profile

Which version are we using?  DFHack hasn't exactly been fully updated for 0.44.07 yet, but as long as the labour manager works, it is probably fine for me.  What about the rest of you?
Grand Master Depressive
Hate Javascript?  Use this for image uploading.
I am a delicate flower!
...of lewdness and lesbianism
Sadly, the head doctor MoonstoneFlower became depressed.  I am not sure if she will be able to recover.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Which version are we using?  DFHack hasn't exactly been fully updated for 0.44.07 yet, but as long as the labour manager works, it is probably fine for me.  What about the rest of you?

Hmm... I was thinking about 44.07 for now. I mean, we aren't likely to need to use DFHack immediately anyways. And I never use any labor managers anyway. Pretty much just use Legends Viewer xD

What about the rest of you? We can put this on hold if the majority has some tool that needs time to update.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 28