Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 28

Author Topic: Ägashfamthut, "Bandithorses," Where we steal everything and die to caves  (Read 60259 times)

hun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Regarding the items, I really has no preferences. I usually take a couple of cheap armors and weapons just in case. Probably it makes sense for our bandit camp as well? We can send first thief to steal stuff early on. Or we can take a lot of swords. Every bandit has to have a blade!

I also don't really need dfhack, as long as DwarfTherapist is up.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 05:31:43 pm by hun »

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile

Quote from: Derpy Dev
I guess now's the point where we talk about what we'll start off with? I'm thinking four picks and miners, then a whole lot of the new cavern-dwelling pets you can start with. How do you like the sound of that?
How about a miner/Doctor/appraiser, a carpenter/mechanic, a mason/mechanic, a farmer/animal trainer, a weaponsmith, an armor smith, and a tactician/dodger/ambusher.
A decent amount of hematite, a decent amount of bituminous coal, some marble, and a number of dogs for the farmer to train.
Four or so picks, and at the start of the fort, the other guys can help the main miner with the mining, before they can really do other stuff.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam

Hoho, looking forward to this.

Having some form of weaponry at the start would make sense for a bandit camp. I also recommend not digging through the different cavern layers too quickly.

Spriggans

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms eater
    • View Profile

I'd say we start the game already ! ;D

Even though I'm not playing ATM, I believe as long as DT is out, we can do without DFhack.

Let's start the robbing !
[ETHIC:MURDERING_DWARVES:UNTHINKABLE]
[ETHIC:CUTTING_TREES:REQUIRED]
[ETHIC:USING_EXPLOITS:JUSTIFIED_IF_GOOD_REASON]

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile

Yeah, I gotta start working on my snake oil routine (which I'm thinking is going to be my method of scamming people, in case anyone tries to role-play) so please start the fort.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile

How about a miner/Doctor/appraiser, a carpenter/mechanic, a mason/mechanic, a farmer/animal trainer, a weaponsmith, an armor smith, and a tactician/dodger/ambusher.
A decent amount of hematite, a decent amount of bituminous coal, some marble, and a number of dogs for the farmer to train.
Four or so picks, and at the start of the fort, the other guys can help the main miner with the mining, before they can really do other stuff.

Hoho, looking forward to this.

Having some form of weaponry at the start would make sense for a bandit camp. I also recommend not digging through the different cavern layers too quickly.

I'd say we start the game already ! ;D

Even though I'm not playing ATM, I believe as long as DT is out, we can do without DFhack.

Let's start the robbing !

Yeah, I gotta start working on my snake oil routine (which I'm thinking is going to be my method of scamming people, in case anyone tries to role-play) so please start the fort.

Alright, I've heard your calls! I'll be sure to start the first year today.

ArgonianFly

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Could you dorf me as a mason please?

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Could you dorf me as a mason please?

Sure.

In other news, I'm gonna have to start this fort tomorrow. Today's been long and I find myself with neither the time nor the energy to do it tonight. I'll do this tomorrow, or I'll die. Consider that a promise.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright men! Stand tall! We've traveled a long way to get hear, and now that we're here, it's time to get to work! We'll forge weapons! We'll take what we want! We'll get the vengeance we deserve! And we'll strike the earth!

Here are our starting seven, I'll dorf what's left when we get more dwarves.

And our pets!

I grabbed one bunny because I had two points remaining. That poor bun is totally gonna get killed.

And this is the shore!

I began this, now it's time to get this done. Expect an update tomorrow!

Stoat tales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Calling Shotgun on the bunny

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Calling Shotgun on the bunny

"Miiiiine!" Stoat hissed as she leaped forward and hugged onto the bunny. Everyone took a step back in shock as she threatened to bite anyone that got close to her precious bun. Oddly enough, the bunny was the calmest thing in the situation. It just kept nuzzling the ground in search of anything to eat. Stoat brought the bunny towards a grassy area and gave a death glare to all who got close.

Oh wow. Apparently digging ramps to close to the beach means that the waves wash into them. Didn't know that. Well, I guess that's an explanation for the random hole in the ground full of water next to the beach.

Now, the big downside with this fort is that the map is actually kinda small, so any invaders only have a short distance to travel before they get in. We'll need to do something to set up a defense that works nigh-instantly.

Put a lot of fortifications on the side of this hallway into the fort, and fill it with archers! This will help against the kobolds at least.

Speaking of which, I thing we should demand tribute from them first. They're weak enough so that if it backfires, we can fight back well enough.

I started a farm, and I wanna try some of these hip new cavern plants. Cave grapes? That's gotta make some great wine.

Well, that's all for this time! Next time, I'm likely to finish this meeting hall that I started digging out.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You gotta be sh*tting me with this cave name.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm sorry, you... you just have to be.

Speaking of caves, I saw another one that was labeled as a human cave, and another that was an elven cave. So at least we have a diverse amount of thieving vermin.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam

That's making me wonder what is happening in this world - seems either like the kobolds got obliterated or the elves and humans just decided to settle a random cave.

Moonstone_Flower

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLIPPED]
    • View Profile

*Spits her lemonade across the room*

Buh-  *Cough*
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 09:27:47 am by Moonstone_Flower »
Grand Master Depressive
Hate Javascript?  Use this for image uploading.
I am a delicate flower!
...of lewdness and lesbianism
Sadly, the head doctor MoonstoneFlower became depressed.  I am not sure if she will be able to recover.

youngbab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If there's still a spot left, or one opens up at some point, I'd be happy to join.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 28