Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 28

Author Topic: Ägashfamthut, "Bandithorses," Where we steal everything and die to caves  (Read 59644 times)

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile

Hey guys, I don't think I'm going to be able to play. Could you remove me from the player list? Thanks in advance.

Alright, sorry to hear things got screwed up dude. I wish you the best of luck for the future.

Next, Stoat is busy at the moment, so they won't be able to get to this immediately. Because of this, I am extending the time they have to next
Monday instead of next Saturday, so they may have a little more time.

I'm willing to give a bit more time to you guys as well if you ask during your turns :)

Stoat tales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's appreciated but probably unnecessary, i'll easily be finished before sunday
cheers tho

Moonstone_Flower

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLIPPED]
    • View Profile

I forgot to mention this, didn't I!  Well, bugger.

Either a cook or an armourcrafter for me, and, if possible, an asexual female.  Named "Amaranth", if you would.
Grand Master Depressive
Hate Javascript?  Use this for image uploading.
I am a delicate flower!
...of lewdness and lesbianism
Sadly, the head doctor MoonstoneFlower became depressed.  I am not sure if she will be able to recover.

Stoat tales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hello Friends and welcome to the second year of bandithorses. Where we live in a dirty pit and have a very complicated way of entering/leaving our fortress :/
Sounds perfect, lets begin :D

The first thing to be changed is to get some basic crafting facilities, 4 rooms 7 x 12 should be fine, we can fit 8 workshops in a single room, meaning 32 workshops in total, the best number!

Wait, there's something missing... Where's my rabbit?

Oh you son of a bitch, it is on

We got some migrants in spring, new faces are always nice but we also got... well...

I don't remember these things, why is it here? Who brought this?
Well hopefully the waves will wash it away or it'll light itself on fire or something, its gross.

One of the new migrants made an artefact, our first one of the fortress \o

Its not actually that good, but, you know, its a start
Also I've realised we have a problem. A huge problem. We have no metal, like none. No iron, silver, tin, bronze nothing! First thing that happens once the traders arrive, we grab as much as we can and store it. If someone needs to make an artefact and needs metal, we're screwed until that happens.
We also don't have any military besides an archer squad. Which i guess works for now but we need to correct fast. As soon as we get some metal for weapons, we can train up a small group and get to stealing those delicious artefacts :p
Anyway, i tried to make an industry on bone crafts, namely turkey bones, but we ran out, so I've decided to use our good friend the ocean to help us, we're going for glass crafts and gems. We technically have an infinite amount so may as well make the most of it :D
We also got another artefact made:

That makes 2, hurrah

we also had a second wave of migrants taking our population to 47.

To Be continued (tomorrow)

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nice! The hype is over!

First, I think that's a different rabbit? I noticed that it said your rabbit grew up but I didn't mention that because it seemed like such a mundane and meaningless thing to mention.

Second, somehow I missed what Moonstone asked here.

I forgot to mention this, didn't I!  Well, bugger.

Either a cook or an armourcrafter for me, and, if possible, an asexual female.  Named "Amaranth", if you would.

You'll have to take that up with Stoat, since they're the one with the newest save. I'm willing to just give you a second named dwarf though instead of going through renaming shenanigans.

Moonstone_Flower

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLIPPED]
    • View Profile

[...]
You'll have to take that up with Stoat, since they're the one with the newest save. I'm willing to just give you a second named dwarf though instead of going through renaming shenanigans.

No worries, mate, I can just do it on my turn if Stoat doesn't get to it.
Grand Master Depressive
I am a delicate flower!
Sadly, the head doctor MoonstoneFlower became depressed.  I am not sure if she will be able to recover.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Some how the first time I get mentioned in an update I've already stolen Stoat tales rabbit, I feel this will not end well for me.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Some how the first time I get mentioned in an update I've already stolen Stoat tales rabbit, I feel this will not end well for me.

If Traphorses is anything to go on?

Consider yourself heartbroken.

Stoat tales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Welcome back to Dragonball z BanditHorses, where there has been no stealing and currently like.... 1 horse i think.

I've decided we all need some bedrooms, spacey 5 star bedrooms with fancy furniture and comfy beds. We have the technology and the room, so I've commissioned 30 to be made underneath our crafting rooms.

We've been spotted. Red alert for any pointy eared lizard guys, i don't want them stealing our stuff.

But until then, we have the traders to deal with. I practically begged them to send us anything metal to us, along with leather, cloth, seeds and weapons. Some may call me desperate but i don't want any strange thoughts to overcome anyone and them beating the hell out of anyone nearby because we had no copper.... it's more common then you'd think.... sorry mom :(
I traded all of our turkey bone crafts for as much as i could get from them, lots of food and booze, some weapons, some emergency bars etc. Turns out there isn't a very high demand for turkey crowns, we need to find a better trading resource then chicken teeth.
After all this, i noticed a weird dwarf huddled in the corner crying about not being able to do anything. Upon asking, her only skills seem to be cooking and armoursmithing, and we certainly have to bars to make armour with, i told her to make herself useful and cook us some turkey burgers or something, where she suddenly sprang to her feet and trotted off down the hallway, grabbing quarry bush leaves and turkey eggs whilst humming to herself a song I've never heard. Her name was amaranth i think, i'll have to keep an eye on her, they say to never annoy a cook.
Amongst other dwarf activity, i promoted Depry Dev to our manager, she grumbled and growled about being given more responsibility after her job is done but she got to it anyway, we even gave her an office!

No expense spared :)
We also had another artefact:

See?! i was right to buy the bars! they all said i was crazy but guess who has a really soft anvil now :)

Finally, besides the migrants we got this season taking our population up to 56, there have been... animal rights concerns. you see, rabbits are a very precious resource here at bandithorses, they're very cute and fluffy and i believe me everyone should have one. However, certian parties

are not sharing their bunnies, and that, i believe, is punishable by death. Unfortunatly, my pitching of this idea at our meeting was shot down due to King Zultan being, well, a king. But don't you worry your little cotton socks reader, I will have my bunnies and my revenge....

Thanks to the weapons we bought from the traders and 3 brave idiots warriors, our melee squad "guys with big sticks" has been formed, they'll be training for the next year or so before we decide that they're strong enough to steal their own artefacts, but hey, progress :)

In the fianl act for this year, Tom Petty, a ranger made this artefact, making it our fourth this year

He literally just stuck some gemstones into a bone and called it his life work. Talk about Free falling from garce indeed :/

But anyway, thats my year done folks. I'll stick around for my promised rabbits and to process any sweet pods you lot need, so just give me a shout, i can join Derpy in the cool club now, i know she'll be happy about that :)
One thing to say is that the bedrooms aren't finished yet, someone should be sure to finish those off please.

Here's the save fam:
http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13655

Thanks for reading friends, let me know when my next turn comes along
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 10:46:35 am by Stoat tales »

Moonstone_Flower

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLIPPED]
    • View Profile

Cook and Armoursmith, I love it.

Yessss...  Never annoy a cook, and never annoy The Cook.

Hello.  I'm The Cook.  Basically... run.

(Grabbing the save now, my first update should be either today or tomorrow, but no guarantees.  I'm going to take the "singing" thing and run with it, I like that.)

Are there any objections to moving to 0.44.09?  I'm on a Linux box, so I'm going for those delicious anti-crash fixes.  Oh, it is already on that version.  Good, good.

Edit:  Ocean waves?!  I thought that the dwarf was drowning out there, but that's just the waves beaching?  How long has that been a thing?  *Has never done a seaside embark*

Edit 2:  What the hell kind of entrance is this?!  There's not enough weed in the world for this kind of crap.  @_@

Edit 3:  The bridge across the depot is controlled by the lever in the middle of the northern wall in the dining room, right?  For the love of &&&&&&&&&&&&, please, people fellow cave-adapt humanoids, use the Notes function to mark these things.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 01:35:01 pm by Moonstone_Flower »
Grand Master Depressive
I am a delicate flower!

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There's not enough weed in the world for this kind of crap.

I mean, I have to sig that. Don't think I have a choice.

Xenir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

neat.
dwarf me as a mechanic/siege operator?
Quote from: GoombaGeek
That sounds gay. It's not. It's fucking terrifying.
Quote from: GoombaGeek
Olin isn't fucking around this time. He knows it'll take more punishment than a BDSM expo in a tornado made out of serrated blades. So he hits it until the head is mush. Then he hits the body until it's got a soupy texture too. When he's done, it doesn't look like a cat. It looks like a fucking meat puddle.

Stoat tales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Edit 2:  What the hell kind of entrance is this?!  There's not enough weed in the world for this kind of crap.  @_@

Edit 3:  The bridge across the depot is controlled by the lever in the middle of the northern wall in the dining room, right?  For the love of &&&&&&&&&&&&, please, people fellow cave-adapt humanoids, use the Notes function to mark these things.
I Mean, tbf, that was a complete afterthought, I wasn't joking when I said the fort was complicated to get into/out of when I started.
Also I haven't mentioned it but I love the seaside embark. The splashing of waves and deep most that sprays from the tide is beautiful and makes me actually want to go to the beach irl

Moonstone_Flower

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLIPPED]
    • View Profile

There's not enough weed in the world for this kind of crap.

I mean, I have to sig that. Don't think I have a choice.

My first sigging!  I'm honoured.

neat.
dwarf me as a mechanic/siege operator?

Regular mechanic or siege mecha- oh wait, they're called engineers.  I'll take a look at the list and find a mechanic for you.  Done.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 07:58:01 pm by Moonstone_Flower »
Grand Master Depressive
I am a delicate flower!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This has only just started and I'm already hording rabbits.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 28