Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 28

Author Topic: Ägashfamthut, "Bandithorses," Where we steal everything and die to caves  (Read 60635 times)

youngbab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wow, my guy really is a badass. I'm lowkey proud. How well are the other squad dwarves doing in regards to skill/kills? Specifically our speardwarves. They were super weak when I finished my turn.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile

this is rad, can I be dorfed?

PTW and I'd like to be a military dorf! :D

Certainly! Stoat, can you do the honors?

Also, we do still have slots open! Just sayin'.

Stoat tales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

this is rad, can I be dorfed?

PTW and I'd like to be a military dorf! :D

Certainly! Stoat, can you do the honors?

Will do, sorry this turn is taking so long, I was hoping I'd have at least a week to get my shit in gear, it is what it is now.
Playing again tonight, hopefully I can get the year finished this time.

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile

okay, I'll take a slot
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

okay, I'll take a slot

Consider it done!

Stoat tales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Welcome back Dwarves and Dwarvettes, To BanditHorses.

After our last escapade with the elves, which produced a lot of Bloodshed, I've discovered some unique characters within the fortress. Firstly, while re-locating our axdwarves training ground, i discovered a particular character:

some weirdo who looks like a dwarf, walks like a dwarf, smells like a dwarf and i'm still 90% sure is a dwarf has infiltrated our Axdwarfs and is masquerading as one of our own. I haven't payed him too attention, mostly for his efforts during our last assault on that elven trash, but until then, I've opted to name him "species unknown" just to humour his claims of being a not-dwarf.

Another person of interest i found was some begger who was screaming at any passers by that he was going to become the next overseer of the fortress, you know instead of working like a normal dwarf would. I asked him that with a name like "Deathpunch578" shouldn't he be inlisting in our military rather then campaigning for mayor, he responded by throwing a dead rat at me and calling me an "elf loving bitch face". I was less then impressed.

DEAR ARMOK ALMIGHTY
Giant enemy Horse is here with his elf boi's to massacre us all!

Asemble the YoungBab, we need to take out the trash

Pikachu17 is the first to draw blood though, slicing the head off a Swordself, the rest follow and our usual massacre began, albeit with more war bears:

They didn't fare much better
SpeciesUnknown followed the charge and slaughtered several elves himself, I'd say he's earned his weird nickname:

And just that soon, the siege was over, 26 elves dead, 0 dwarves killed. Good show, even better, no injuries! Youngbab was busy sleeping during the invasion, just as well the rest of his squad is almost as strong as he is.

Another artefact was made:

This one is a bit... shit though, we need to step up our game.

Anyway, with all that clowning around with the elves done, we're going to focus the rest of the year on Derpy's new sweet bedroom. Pure marble Furniture.

Coattails takes out a well hated enemy:

And finally, at the end of the year:

Our labour paid off

And witn that, the year is over, it's been quite a ride with plenty of dead elves and puppies, I think it's been quite a trip.
Speaking of trips, you'll find me smoking on a pig tail cigar if anyone wants me, hopefully not bleeding out on the end of an elf twig, provided you fools do your job well :)

Here's the save:
http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13770

*I upgraded the save to 44.10 in the Mod, it works fine so be sure to download the new mod files before you play this save*

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

All right, it's Moonstone Flower's turn! You hear Stoat? You're going to have to update as well.

Moonstone_Flower

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLIPPED]
    • View Profile

Right, I'm just grabbing the prepackaged copy of WLB forgetting that people actually do this, save add some trouble.  Gimme a bit while here.
bloody DOS executable format *grumble*
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 09:14:04 am by Moonstone_Flower »
Grand Master Depressive
Hate Javascript?  Use this for image uploading.
I am a delicate flower!
...of lewdness and lesbianism
Sadly, the head doctor MoonstoneFlower became depressed.  I am not sure if she will be able to recover.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile

Good luck Moonstone, and may Armok be with you. :P
DF Veterans- n. - One who has lost one or more forts due to a stupid oversight.

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow
Just never forget,/That Bloodyhells is always a threat.

Moonstone_Flower

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLIPPED]
    • View Profile

A Day in the Bullshit Life of Rubbish Bandithorses

"Why in the name of every variant of stupidity would you be giving a tree ME the overseer position?  Again!  I swear I'm going to strangle your first- and second-borns Sod it.  Give me the papers."

- - - - - - - - - -

"Sir Capped Gourd of the Tains" is complaining of a lack of a dining room, despite the six bloody tables and chairs in his personal dining room.  He was promptly told to get his arse back to training and cut the shit.

The upper barracks is walled off from the lower barracks, and has no defences.  Time to have a gate installed, then tearing down the wall- NO, THE WALL COMES DOWN AFTER THE GATE IS INSTALLED.  Dear Etur...

Apparently my armoursmithing permit has been revoked.  We'll deal with that problem the way it deserves to be handled, yes.

Two of the caskets had notes on them stating "Not For Burial Purposes".  Material problems notwithstanding, why the hell would only these two be labelled such?  These caskets have been marked for use in "burials".  (OOC:  No, not actual [N]otes, they were just not marked for use in burial.)

Further, the floors were never completely smoothed on the bedroom level.  This shall now be rectified.

Aside from this, I shall have everyone simply perform clean-up operations and farming while I attempt to re-acquaint myself with the blueprints and new structures.  That, and GO GATHER EVERY LAST EDIBLE PLANT FROM THE SURFACE, AND STOP CHUNDERING ON EVERYTHING.  Oi, you lot, you're elves, you know plants almost as well as I do, go harvest anything edible.

- - - - - - - - - -

So, I've gone through maybe three or four days, just thought I should put up what I have so far.  I intend to see this one through, at least.
Grand Master Depressive
I am a delicate flower!
Sadly, the head doctor MoonstoneFlower became depressed.  I am not sure if she will be able to recover.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile

The coffins were probably placed and everybody forgot to set them to Buryable, and whoever it was had coffins set to not being used in burial as default.
Are you sure the Gourd Cap Tain has a dining room, and not just a study?
Does he actually own the dining room?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Moonstone_Flower

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLIPPED]
    • View Profile

He has a dining room, it was not set as a dining room.  This was corrected during the "stop being an idiot" lecture.
Grand Master Depressive
I am a delicate flower!

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile

So, he actually owns it now?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

youngbab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

He has a dining room, it was not set as a dining room.  This was corrected during the "stop being an idiot" lecture.

If you guys are talking about my dude, it's because he was sent off on a mission. Game unassigns beds, studies, etc when they leave the site for whatever reason.

Moonstone_Flower

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLIPPED]
    • View Profile

If you guys are talking about my dude, it's because he was sent off on a mission. Game unassigns beds, studies, etc when they leave the site for whatever reason.

Your bedroom and office were assigned.  I assume someone re-assigned them and forgot the dining room, then?

So, he actually owns it now?

Yes, it is set as a dining room and assigned.

Edit:  It was still Winter when I got the save.  Should I play until winter, or until spring as usual?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 05:23:56 pm by Moonstone_Flower »
Grand Master Depressive
I am a delicate flower!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 28