Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 28

Author Topic: Ägashfamthut, "Bandithorses," Where we steal everything and die to caves  (Read 60740 times)

Stoat tales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The coffins were probably placed and everybody forgot to set them to Buryable, and whoever it was had coffins set to not being used in burial as default.
Are you sure the Gourd Cap Tain has a dining room, and not just a study?
Does he actually own the dining room?
I'll take responsibility for that, I may have forgotten to set them all the burial. The bedrooms weren't smoothed because we were focusing on derpy's baron chambers instead.

Moonstone_Flower

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLIPPED]
    • View Profile

As Spring rolls around- wait, why was I given the papers before spring?!  Sod it.  Anyways, some idiot "found" a pair of turkeys dead in the temple area.  Every last one of this lot claims to have seen nothing, so I'm sure that something is very wr- DEAR ETUR WHAT THE HELL
SOMEONE GET THEIR KEA UNDER CONTROL

what the hell?

OK, something is definitely lurking in here, and something dire is afoot.  At least we have booze.

I'm sick of everyone getting horrified by the CORPSE STOCKPILE in here, so- oi, you.  We need a baffle installed.  Grab some masons and *scribble scribble sketch* go build this.  We need a better place for this... mass grave.  I'll draw up plans for an above-ground cemetery structure, and then we can store it all up there and get rid of this... unsightly pile.

- - - - - - - - - -

"LunarDog" has been quite busy, training dozens of dogs for battle.  The "snow" dwarf is curled up on a partially constructed wall, rocking back and forth.  Thankfully, once that section is complete, nobody should have any reason to be in a spot where they can see into the open-air mass grave that some idiot saw fit to throw together down here.  EXCEPT TO RETRIEVE STONES FROM IT, APPARENTLY.  By Etur, I swear they go out of their way to see this now.  I saw this moron building the wall from inside the grave.  They're either afflicted with a horrid morbid curiosity, or they're not as "horrified" as they claim.  At least the wall and baffles are complete now.  This design, while much larger than a simple door, has the benefit of always blocking sight - even with multiple doors, it is possible for them to all be held open.  A baffle lacks that problem.  I love baffles

- - - - - - - - - -

Why in hells is the cavern open like this.  This is hereby ordered walled off and fortified.

*Sigh*  On the bright side, I saw an absolute load of ores and gems on the way down.  The miners are going to be busy for a few months while they dig all of this out.

As it turns out, there's a second unfortified cavern breach.  Our stocks of rock blocks are exhausted... dear Etur, look, just go carve more.  I don't know, grab forty boulders and have at them!

- - - - - - - - - -

You're a fisherdwarf, right?  What do you want?

HOW

- - - - - - - - - -

Alright, the mayor has been whining non-stop about his "very poor" dining room and how "embarrassed" he is by his wonderful office, so I had some statues commissioned.  I'm sure that they shall always remind him, and all others, of his ever-so-high "station" here in a raiding outpost.

I am certain that he will absolutely adore the new decor.

- - - - - - - - - -

Sigun, Sakzul, and "Robber Baron Derpy" all seem to be utterly traumatised.  They are constantly having flashback episodes, as evidenced by their sudden mechanical movements and screams of alarm during otherwise mundane moments.  Alas, there is little to be done for them at this point but wait and hope that the memories subside eventually.  A great many others have been having such episodes, but they are fewer in number and lesser in apparent intensity.

The wall should have been built sooner.

- - - - - - - - - -

LunarDog has been very busy.

blimey

- - - - - - - - - -

Given the madness that pervades this place, I'm having a bunker created for myself.  I shall leave a note encouraging future overseers to do the same for themselves.  Everyone but me is insane.  Or does that adjust the standard for sanity?

- - - - - - - - - -

Meng suddenly let out a cry and came barrelling out of the workshops clutching a small object.  Apparently he had been possessed.  I grow weary of this rubbish.

[The page is stained with blueberry juice.]

- - - - - - - - - -

Sigun, Sakzul, and her highness the "baroness" Derpy seem to only be worsening, their episodes becoming more frequent.  Worse, Urvad is now also experiencing intrusive memories.  If the previous fool wished to drive us all insane, they have had a good start.  Not me, of course!  Never.  Never.  Never.  Never.  Never.  They're just lying there.  Lying there.  Dead.  Pale.  Empty.  Empty.  Empty.  BUT I'M PERFECTLY FINE I think I'll go cook some flesh... flesh... flesh...

Sakzul has fallen into depression.  Apparently there is a pile of... corpses... on the surface, around the area where we have been gathering extra food.  It is time to rectify that.  Plans for the cemetery building have been drawn and construction has been ordered.

Now Sigun.  He's wandering around, oblivious to all that is around him.  This isn't dire at all, oh no, of course not.  Of bloody course not.

Bloody lovely, Kib's having a dire stress explosion.

we are so utterly hosed

This, in addition to the constant kea menace, is causing a great slowdown in getting the cemetery built - which, in turn, is causing this to be an even bigger problem.

this is becoming a problem

- - - - - - - - - -

That's the end of spring, and so it is OOC time!

Kib threw a tantrum, but didn't seem to break anything or injure anyone.  The corpse pile on the workshop level caused a lot of trauma before I got around to walling it off.  Here's the baffle design:

And here's the first floor of the cemetery - it was already filled by the time the walls were done.  It is just east of the rampway into the defence hall, is made of conglomerate blocks, and has a second floor under construction.  I'm considering simply sealing off the bottom floor now that it is "full", to avoid it causing further trauma.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 04:48:45 pm by Moonstone_Flower »
Grand Master Depressive
Hate Javascript?  Use this for image uploading.
I am a delicate flower!
...of lewdness and lesbianism
Sadly, the head doctor MoonstoneFlower became depressed.  I am not sure if she will be able to recover.

youngbab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yikes. I was gonna mention that stockpile might become an issue but forgot. Are our military dwarves traumatized too?

Toady's latest dev-log noted that he's working to fix the depression spirals from looking at elves and what not next release. If things start to get super sour mood wise, maybe we should hold out till the next update? If not, we could always make some mental danger rooms. Could work wonders.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 10:20:17 pm by youngbab »

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile

Well. This seems like it'll be a fun thing for my single person LP. Good thing I've got the magma sea opened up. Muwahahaha. Also: make an Atom Smasher. That ought to help get rid of the corpses. Or alternatively, stockpile a metric shit ton of wooden coffins and Chuck alllllll corpses into them.
DF Veterans- n. - One who has lost one or more forts due to a stupid oversight.

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow
Just never forget,/That Bloodyhells is always a threat.

Moonstone_Flower

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLIPPED]
    • View Profile

Gah, an atom smasher, of course!  There's a problem with that, unfortunately, in that nobody is willing to build bridges currently.  I'll set one up anyway, it should at least be done by the end of the year(and this has been only four months!).

On the topic of the stress fixes:  I hope that he doesn't reduce it too much, as it makes sense to be traumatised by a big pile of corpses and bits.  I know I would be and already deal with enough of that thank you

Edit:  I edited that image about Derpy wrong.  Blast it all, the middle line was supposed to have been erased(the line about them stumbling around got erased instead).  Oh well, use your imagination.  ^^;

Edit 2:  What happened with the turkeys?  Any ideas?  There are no combat log entries about turkeys at all.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 06:29:54 am by Moonstone_Flower »
Grand Master Depressive
I am a delicate flower!
Sadly, the head doctor MoonstoneFlower became depressed.  I am not sure if she will be able to recover.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile

Yay! I had a good idea!

I say instead of multiple breakdowns, it should be one long one or something depending on their mood.

As for the turkeys...they got sick?

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow

Moonstone_Flower

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLIPPED]
    • View Profile

We now have two three elfish would-have-been ambushes and a goblin siege, with the former being rumbled by the latter.

We're about to have some fun(?) and/or !!fun!!.

Edit:  Three would-be ambushes now.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 10:21:24 am by Moonstone_Flower »
Grand Master Depressive
I am a delicate flower!

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile

I can't wait till I piss off the elves in my game. Free experience! :D

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile

So out of curiosity, what kind of goods am I mandating?

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile

Hopefully something useful like weapons or bins or shields or armor or anything not large gems, amulets, siege parts, etc. etc.

Moonstone_Flower

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLIPPED]
    • View Profile

The goblins and elves are really going at it up on the yonder hill.

Scepters, like a chunder-coated pile of rubbish pain in the arse.
Grand Master Depressive
I am a delicate flower!

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile

The goblins and elves are really going at it up on the yonder hill.

Scepters, like a chunder-coated pile of rubbish pain in the arse.

Toss him into the magma sea and rename the next person until you get someone who mandates good things. :P

Moonstone_Flower

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLIPPED]
    • View Profile

With the way things are headed - 38886 stress - I'd say that she's as like to toss herself in the magma sea.  Kib and Sigun are the only two with more stress than her, and Sigun has somehow passed 50000 stress.

Edit:  We have now seen five ambushes.  What the hell did we do to piss off the elves this badly?

Edit 2:  Make that six ambushes.  Are they re-hiding, or what?  Surely there aren't this bloody many ambush parties.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 03:58:34 pm by Moonstone_Flower »
Grand Master Depressive
I am a delicate flower!

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile

With the way things are headed - 38886 stress - I'd say that she's as like to toss herself in the magma sea.  Kib and Sigun are the only two with more stress than her, and Sigun has somehow passed 50000 stress.

Oh I hope my dorfing doesn't commit suicide... That would be kinda f'ed up, in technical terms.

EDIT: why the hell did I say OC  :-[
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 05:08:47 pm by Derpy Dev »

Moonstone_Flower

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLIPPED]
    • View Profile

This marks the eighth ambush announcement.  In addition, the militia does not want to station where they should - the marksdwarfs are behind the fortifications, but the melee squad refuses and merely goes to combat practice in the barracks unless I tell them to s->[m]ove.  Yes, the alert is active on them.

This has been your hourly grumbling session.
Grand Master Depressive
I am a delicate flower!
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 28