Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 28

Author Topic: Ägashfamthut, "Bandithorses," Where we steal everything and die to caves  (Read 60725 times)

Kametec_Housen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

go to [ u]nit list, pick a dorf, [v]iew unit and then you can view [r]elationships.

Man, I just tested it on a dorf who has 14 uncles, 7 aunts and 27 cousins. :o

edit: I just noticed the "dead" part in your post, sorry, I can't read.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 04:50:05 pm by Kametec_Housen »

hun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We can check the old save, where Pickachu17 is still alive.

youngbab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We can check the old save, where Pickachu17 is still alive.

Booted up the save real quick. She's got a boatload of relations but this is the most relevant page.

Moonstone_Flower

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLIPPED]
    • View Profile

At last, the defensive gates guarding the upper barracks and the siege entrance have been constructed.  One lever was already in place and is being entangled with the barracks gate.  Now go get to the other lever while I put these notes up.

Ahh, Lukupayngis is back.  I can hear the screams of "LUKUPAYNGIS NO IS SAY!  Going of the NOW IS!" from here.  Admittedly, that's less impressive when considering that I'm less than a hundred paces from the bugger.

Over the screams and shouts, I can hardly tell what is going on, but apparently all three of the kobolds managed to escape pursuit unscathed.  Lukupayngis' yelling is still faintly audible, which is almost cute.

- - - - - - - - - -

oh dear Etur

On top of this, we have dwarfs needing traction, and Imic's knees are injured.

Now can one of you lot explain why there are a pair of unlabelled levers here?

- - - - - - - - - -

Kib is now scuttling through the halls, babbling incoherently about the Great Vortex.  This makes some sense, considering the head trauma he took from Aban punching him repeatedly.

That's right disgusting.  Aban, apparently deciding that Kib had not been beaten enough, came back and caved in Kib's skull with his fist.

doesn't give a damn

We'll be keeping a very close watch on you, Aban.

Meanwhile, the other Kib is in shock.  I cannot blame him.

WHAT THE HELL IS THAT

when did this happen

Why was I not made aware that a POISONOUS BLOB OF HOSTILE, SENTIENT MUD was in the halls?  This happened in Galena?  It is currently Limestone, you daft twit.

NO MATE

STOP

he has the gall to call himself "Puppyguard", but maybe he's guarding against the puppies

Two different dogs, a single punch each...  What the hell is with you, mate?

- - - - - - - - - -

some fine poetry here

Puppyguard, stop

attacking a duck with an action figurine

No, mate, what are you doing

PUPPYGUARD

STOP

DEAR ETUR

What the hell was that, mate?  You want to talk about it?

- - - - - - - - - -

What?  A visitor?  Who?  A human?

interesting

very interesting

He brought with him a swordsman.  Presumably a bodyguard, but these apes are known for treachery.  He claims to be here to meet with the mayor.  I'm sure he was sent as a spy and assassin, given human tendencies.  He will not be leaving.

As expected, another armed human has appeared, and the three are wandering about the place, examining everything.  The entire militia is to stand by and await the command to "welcome" the lumbering fools- what?  Dwarfish caravan?  Sod it, eliminate the humans.  Immediately.  And keep it quiet- Derpy, get away from the shambling soon-to-be-corpses, what are you doing?  "Conduct Meeting"?  Bloody hell, mate, you know that they're just lying to get a view of the halls, right?  Derpy?  You alright, mate?

apparently not

Aban?  Is that you?

well that's not good

Mate, you're probably going to die.  Earth and stone embrace you.

Aban is gone.  Expired while trying to crawl to the hospital, yakking his guts up across the temple floor as he went.  The two mystery levers are somehow coated in his sick.  Wait.  Ezum, what the fuck, mate?  He was already dying, you didn't need to gut-punch him!

who taught you how to fight with a spear

- - - - - - - - - -

Lunardog?  Mate?  Oi mate, you doing alright?

shit, mate, been there

- - - - - - - - - -

The humans are dead, and with no dwarfish casualties.  Bandithorses endures the human threat.

Now, taking a look at the caravan- WHO THE HELL ORDERED SO MANY RABBITS

I SWEAR TO ETUR

Whatever, they're cheap.  Just give us all of them- What?  You already got all of them?  Every last rabbit, every metal bar, llamas, goats, cows, a ram, every bag of sand- DEAR ETUR WHAT THE HELL IS THAT

"Deep Stalker"?

Why the hell would you get that, mate?  Just... grab those books and let's be done with this.

Get a drink to calm my nerves...

THOLTIG

MATE

STOP

DON'T PUNCH THE BONECARVER-

MATE

PUNCHING A PLANTER IS NO BETTER

PILE OF COW

What?  Requests for the merchants?  Hens, cats, paper.  More rabbits, because they are adorable.  EVERY BIT OF FOOD THEY CAN BRING.  Unrefined coal, aluminium, magnetite.  Gneiss for pots.  Bags.  Bags of sand.  Eggs.  Delicious eggs.

Hah?  What they want?  Fine, let's have a look.

Heh, the wars hit elsewhere, huh?  Hooray for insanity, right?  Get lost.

Seven rabbits for the fastest to claim them, yes.  *chortle*

- - - - - - - - - -

IDEN NO

GUARDS

- - - - - - - - - -

Iden seems to have completely snapped, the poor bastard.  He's up top, shooting at the pastured creatures.  Namely, a "molebull" has somehow attracted his ire and is currently looking more and more like a giant pincushion.

Dear Etur, these creatures are vicious when provoked.

Well, that's the end for poor Iden.  Coattails came up and cleanly decapitated him.

- - - - - - - - - -

again?

WHAT THE HELL, MATE

living up to their title

MATE

PUNCHING A SWORDMASTER IS NOT A GOOD IDEA

STOP CHOKING STRANGLING THAT GUINEACOCK

- - - - - - - - - -

No, mate, not you too!

another one

- - - - - - - - - -

"Growldaub"

That's...  Actually, I'm not sure what to make of this.  In addition, Zefon has become quite attached to that spear of bronze.

very attached

Meanwhile, the third floor of the cemetery has a strange ectoplasmic floor.

well that's interesting

(OOC:  Seriously, what?  It is a blank black tile, above ground, that displays that.)

- - - - - - - - - -

DERPY

MATE

NOT YOU TOO

she was starting to recover, too

I can't watch

What was that sound?

oh

just as well, after a liver injury

Through horrors worse than the rest of us had to endure, our dear baroness held out for an admirably long time.  Earth and stone embrace you.

- - - - - - - - - -

WILL YOU LET ME FUCKIN' EULOGISE DERPY BEFORE YOU GO ON MURDERING

ROTTING COWNIPPLE

food fight!

Damn it, youngbab, I know you got hit by a flying brain - which, admittedly, is somewhat disgusting - but you did not need to start murdering people for it!  CALM DOWN

(OOC:  I noticed just now that "King" Zultan claimed two of the seven rabbits we got from the caravan.  Stoat... got none.  As usual.  *chortle*)

- - - - - - - - - -

"BUCKEEEEEEEEEEET"
"WE NEED SOME BUUUUUUUUCKET"

Oh dear Etur, not again.  Bloody bucket fetishists.  Just make some bloody buckets, you daft twits.

- - - - - - - - - -

Sakzul is crawling around the halls, screaming and babbling about some "untempered schism" while scattering her clothes about.  She's quite clearly been driven mad, her mind snapping like the dozen before her.  Alas, I fear that she shan't recover.  Earth and stone embrace you.

- - - - - - - - - -

The third floor of the cemetery is almost complete, and the second floor is... full, I'm told.  I've had the... excess, on the ground, walled off, so that we needn't see it while it awaits a move to the cemetery.

"Nationsdimpled"

Alas, Bomrek is running around, stripping his clothes and howling like Sakzul before him.  Earth and stone embrace you, mate-

What?  Up top?  Quithe?  Oh, the elf?  Well what happened?

another victim of Bandithorses

She's dead?  Oh, he?  So he's dead.  Goddammit, this place.

Someone explain why these two HAVE NOT BEEN BURIED YET.

Bloody 'ell, Imic, what was tha' about?  Wait, tha' look-

well that's a first

RUN FOR YER LIVES, YE DAFT TWITS

Dodók, you poor, daft fool.  Earth and stone embrace you, you moron.  Unfortunately, I doubt that we'll be able to bury your body.  Someone make make some memorial slabs, and engrave one for Dodók.

- - - - - - - - - -

Two words:  Peter Principle

"Profanesteppe", and guess who's getting their door replaced as a reminder

- - - - - - - - - -

Mafi, elf scholar, has begun running around and screaming while throwing her clothing everywhere.  I suppose elves go insane much the same as dwarfs.

Ducim and "king" Zultan got into quite the altercation, each dealing nasty injuries, as the winter months came about.

- - - - - - - - - -

OOC time!  I've added [N]otes to label various things, such as important rooms and each known lever.  Stress should plateau here and, hopefully, begin to recover, assuming we don't get any more surprise corpse piles.  If another siege or ambush party comes, I'm simply going to lock up the outpost gates and wait it out(or let my successor deal with it).

As for the hospital, there were no traction benches at all.  The hospital now has two, and will likely need more if things continue this way.

That weird floor ended up being constructed (again?) and now appears to be a normal floor.

Pikachu's offspring are not in the fortress, unfortunately.  I discovered their names after inadvertently discovering that she was married to Maximum Spin.  I'll check for her parents and siblings-
blimey a lot of our dwarfings are closely related.

Edit:  I've redwarfed you as Cerol, your (formerly) older sister.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 09:03:04 pm by Moonstone_Flower »
Grand Master Depressive
Hate Javascript?  Use this for image uploading.
I am a delicate flower!
...of lewdness and lesbianism
Sadly, the head doctor MoonstoneFlower became depressed.  I am not sure if she will be able to recover.

Stoat tales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*visably twitches with anger at still having no buns*

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile

Heheheheh. I think there's a few left right? Or have they all been scooped up?
DF Veterans- n. - One who has lost one or more forts due to a stupid oversight.

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow
Just never forget,/That Bloodyhells is always a threat.

Moonstone_Flower

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLIPPED]
    • View Profile

* Moonstone_Flower posts a note stating "All Rabbits Claimed" before running the hell away
Grand Master Depressive
I am a delicate flower!
Sadly, the head doctor MoonstoneFlower became depressed.  I am not sure if she will be able to recover.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(OOC:  I noticed just now that "King" Zultan claimed two of the seven rabbits we got from the caravan.  Stoat... got none.  As usual.  *chortle*)
Yay I have rabbits again!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile

* Moonstone_Flower posts a note stating "All Rabbits Claimed" before running the hell away

Welp. You're dead.
DF Veterans- n. - One who has lost one or more forts due to a stupid oversight.

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow
Just never forget,/That Bloodyhells is always a threat.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile

DERPY

MATE

NOT YOU TOO

she was starting to recover, too

I can't watch

What was that sound?

oh

just as well, after a liver injury

Through horrors worse than the rest of us had to endure, our dear baroness held out for an admirably long time.  Earth and stone embrace you.

I told you it would happen.

Well that was inevitable xD

Stoat tales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Derpy's rampage cost like 3 dwarves all their limbs.

I am a bit miffed we never saw the ressurection of the mad queen though, oh well, there's always next time. I know that was a running joke in the last "horses chronicles".

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile

Derpy's rampage cost like 3 dwarves all their limbs.

I am a bit miffed we never saw the ressurection of the mad queen though, oh well, there's always next time. I know that was a running joke in the last "horses chronicles".

I... um... had a moment of sorts in the last one lol. Not sure how much of the last one you read, but go read it if you want to know more.

Moonstone_Flower

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLIPPED]
    • View Profile

Oh, the Mad Queen!  Well, considering what Amaranth has been up to, it may be that she's now possessed by whatever it was.
Grand Master Depressive
I am a delicate flower!

Moonstone_Flower

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLIPPED]
    • View Profile

Bloody hell.  This month has barely started and it has already gone straight down the loo that we still don't have.  We've uncovered eleven elfish ambush groups, all dangerously close to the surface barracks.  Everyone inside, everyone inside right bloody now.  Except you lot!  Oi, militia, guarding the barracks entrance!  We don't have time to seal up.

- - - - - - - - - -

Well, after thirty-one separate alarms about ambush parties, the elfish invasion was deterred.  Of course, now there's yet another new pile of the dead where we'll see them if we go to gather food.

Unfortunately, six citizens are unrecoverably insane, and a seventh went berserk in the barracks tower, attacking one of the "Spearmins".

The fourth floor of the cemetery is under construction, the third floor is entirely complete, and Deler has just gone insane.  I suppose it is telling that I no longer am surprised by this.  Alright, you lot, let's get to clearing up the dead.  Huh?  Me?  I'll be right along, as soon as I finish cooking.

OH DEAR ETUR EVERYONE INSIDE

as if things weren't bad enough

INSIDE, YOU DAFT IDIOTS

SEAL THE GATES

By the gods...  Three dwarfs were too slow to get inside before the gates slammed shut in front of them.  Watchtower says one of them was killed, another attacked, before the great lizard dropped to a human form and began fleeing.

Unseal the gates, tend to the wounded.  The gods have clearly damned this place.

- - - - - - - - - -

[The following is the summary of Watchtower's report]

(Ushat Ducimthiz, deceased.  Visibly bitten during the fight, bite marks confirmed on examination.)
(Kib Råsholtar, survived.  Gruesome, but minor, injury to the face.  Not visibly bitten.  No bite marks found.)
(Ustuth Arbannomal, survived.  Not attacked.  No wounds.)

- - - - - - - - - -

Kib should recover once he gets medical attention and rest.  Bearskie should be relieved to hear that he survived and, according to Watchtower and medical staff, was not bitten.

- - - - - - - - - -

I've just been informed - repeatedly - that we have no source of clean water.  This bodes ill for the wounded.  I don't understand how that could be the case- yes, I told you to get inside, now go outside and get water!  Dear Etur.

What was that noise?

this again

- - - - - - - - - -

Apparently someone named their shield.  I don't really care at this point.

Amidst all this chaos, a familiar, angry-sounding cry cut through the gloom of my thoughts.

"KEAAAAAAAAS"
"FECKING KEAS"

Ahh, the wonderful sound of babbling.  I long to sink my great roots into [The rest of the text on the page is illegible, smudged with various juices and saps]

- - - - - - - - - -

Ah, the final month of winter.  The weather warms, but the strange longing within my soul does not.  I fear that the insanity of the fools living here will lead them to seek after my destruction.  I must finish construction of the safe rooms quickly.

Some fool has seen fit to tear down the depot.  The insanity of this place continues and endures.  Speaking of which, Urvad, Ast, and Lunardog have a terrifying look in their eyes.  They couldn't have figured it out so soon, could they?  I must hurry.  Urvad shall be the first to die for standing against me.

It is nearly the end of winter, and I have a mere week remaining.

- - - - - - - - - -

At last, it is complete.  I shall, officially, pass on the title of "overseer", while the machinations against my kind remain unaware of my own awareness.  To the sword and the root shall be put all who stand against me.

- - - - - - - - - -

OOC time.

One of our goblins has gone insane.  Unfortunately, he is a legendary weaver and a Grand Master leatherworker.  This is quite a loss for our textile industry.  Several other clothiers and weavers have gone insane and died, as well, so

Ubbul, a Great weaponsmith, is also currently insane.

Pikachu17 was redwarfed, but nobody else has been.

More people are dead and unburied - slabs are being carved and engraved, because I have no idea where their bodies are or if they'll ever be buried.

A new general temple has been designated for digging, but it has yet to be dug out completely.  It is marked with a [N]ote, along with various other things of varying degrees of import.

The mayor has forbidden export of spears, and that mandate is ongoing.

Final write-up and save incoming soon(TM).
Grand Master Depressive
I am a delicate flower!

Moonstone_Flower

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLIPPED]
    • View Profile

A voice echoes through the minds of all creatures in and around Bandithorses.  A voice not dwarven, nor elven.  A voice not human nor goblin.  A voice that brings to mind only the angry, insane rustling of hundreds of millions of trees.

- - - - - - - - - -

Welcome.

Welcome to Barony 17.

You have chosen or been chosen...

...to relocate to one of our finest...

remaining urban population centres.  All who defy us shall perish

I don't give a damn why you're here, just avoid the cemeteries, enraged surgeons, and insane traders.

So whether you're here to help out, or are just looking for a place to die, welcome get to bloody work.  All who defy us shall snap like rotting bones

- - - - - - - - - -

Save here
Grand Master Depressive
I am a delicate flower!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 28