Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28

Author Topic: Ägashfamthut, "Bandithorses," Where we steal everything and die to caves  (Read 60646 times)

Stoat tales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ägashfamthut, "Bandithorses," Where we steal everything and die to caves
« Reply #375 on: August 11, 2018, 07:06:21 am »

- Born underground, grown inside a rocky womb -
- The earth is our cradle, the mountain shall become our tomb-

R.I.P Bandithorses

Moonstone_Flower

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLIPPED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 11, 2018, 11:46:44 pm »

Nice one, Stoat.  I like it.

More ideas!

Frosthorses, on a tundra?
Freezehorses, a surface fort on a tundra?
Grand Master Depressive
Hate Javascript?  Use this for image uploading.
I am a delicate flower!
...of lewdness and lesbianism
Sadly, the head doctor MoonstoneFlower became depressed.  I am not sure if she will be able to recover.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 12, 2018, 12:31:41 am »

I'd strongly recommend Arctic Additions if a tundra fort is considered.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 12, 2018, 12:25:39 pm »

Frosthorses, on a tundra?
Freezehorses, a surface fort on a tundra?

Ooh, a surface tundra? That sounds difficult. I like it :D

I'd strongly recommend Arctic Additions if a tundra fort is considered.

Hadn't heard of this mod until now. It looks great!

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #379 on: August 12, 2018, 01:44:07 pm »

I could pitch in my good/evil biome revamp as well if you were to do a tundra fort - evil ones would have a lot of various undead, good ones just have some fey ice-attuned animals. My main pack also has a lot of creatures for the arctic regions - should mostly be stable since I'm kinda past the patching phases now (though I may require some of it once I finish the BFA update for my main pack)

Stoat tales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: August 12, 2018, 02:53:10 pm »

I am 100% in favour of coldhorses with the mod, let's do it!

hun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: August 12, 2018, 03:43:42 pm »

RIP Bandithorses, that was a good story!

I am waiting for the next game, although I will probably not join as an overseer.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: August 12, 2018, 09:13:47 pm »

In that case, might embark on a good and evil tundra at the same time (tip: world tiles connecting diagonally go into different regions).

Moonstone_Flower

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLIPPED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: August 12, 2018, 11:14:08 pm »

I'll admit to being partial to volcano embarks.  If you can actually make a volcano show up in tundra... well, I'm not entirely sure what I'd do.  Probably squee in joy.
Grand Master Depressive
Hate Javascript?  Use this for image uploading.
I am a delicate flower!
...of lewdness and lesbianism
Sadly, the head doctor MoonstoneFlower became depressed.  I am not sure if she will be able to recover.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: August 13, 2018, 01:41:27 am »

Just take a tundra, paint only tile of 100 volcanism in world inside it, set min volcanoes to 1, generate. Presto, guaranteed volcano in tundra. Nothing stopping them from being there.

Though personally, I prefer embarks with less than 20z to magma over volcano embarks.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: August 13, 2018, 02:11:35 am »

I would like to volunteer my services in the next fort as a leader of fightin' dorfs, or failing that, repeat my request for a human swordsman with a two-hander.

EDIT: I'd also recommend ripping the crematory from masterwork, since it's obvious dead invaders was the cause of collapse and if we continue with our brigand ways, we'll need a way t get rid of them (and probably need a veteran soldier to man it.)

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: August 13, 2018, 11:09:49 pm »

I could pitch in my good/evil biome revamp as well if you were to do a tundra fort - evil ones would have a lot of various undead, good ones just have some fey ice-attuned animals. My main pack also has a lot of creatures for the arctic regions - should mostly be stable since I'm kinda past the patching phases now (though I may require some of it once I finish the BFA update for my main pack)
In that case, might embark on a good and evil tundra at the same time (tip: world tiles connecting diagonally go into different regions).
I'll admit to being partial to volcano embarks.  If you can actually make a volcano show up in tundra... well, I'm not entirely sure what I'd do.  Probably squee in joy.
Difficult to generate, but I should be able to do that.

OOH If it's half good and half evil we can give it the nickname "Bipolarity."

RIP Bandithorses, that was a good story!

I am waiting for the next game, although I will probably not join as an overseer.
I would like to volunteer my services in the next fort as a leader of fightin' dorfs, or failing that, repeat my request for a human swordsman with a two-hander.

EDIT: I'd also recommend ripping the crematory from masterwork, since it's obvious dead invaders was the cause of collapse and if we continue with our brigand ways, we'll need a way t get rid of them (and probably need a veteran soldier to man it.)

I'm not currently in a position to start the next incarnation immediately, life is being... life.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: August 14, 2018, 01:53:43 am »

Difficult to generate? Should take under 10 minutes (not including history genning time) with world painter and region-manipulator, provided you have a rest of the map you'd like to modify ready already.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: August 14, 2018, 10:57:32 pm »

Difficult to generate? Should take under 10 minutes (not including history genning time) with world painter and region-manipulator, provided you have a rest of the map you'd like to modify ready already.

Ah yes, I'm pretty sure those two are on the list of tools I couldn't get working/killed my computer.

My computer's made of breadsticks.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: August 15, 2018, 03:01:58 am »

Undead breadsticks, even. I don't think region-manipulator should impact it much, but maybe save world painting for something smaller than max size world? Vanilla feature, so it might be that you're just out of ram.

I could help, but when I've provided maps for successions before they have, in some cases, gone unused.

Also, since a tundra can be anywhere in the world, if using these tools what should be the other 7 biomes? If going with the cold theme, maybe good taiga (unicorn husks are cool) and evil glacier (eh, kinda similar to evil tundra). A lake and ocean would match previous themes, sand desert would fit in between them and a waterfall from a warmer biome - like a temperate swamp - could build fun dams that create spring melt flooding into freezing areas. Maybe with two stages, by having a cold marsh or grassland in-between.

Otherwise, yeah, trying to get evil and good tundra on a volcano without even advanced world gen (since it kills your computer) is pretty tricky, yeah.

Another consideration might be given to including additional civs beyond the default, if modding in artic additions anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28