Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28]

Author Topic: Ägashfamthut, "Bandithorses," Where we steal everything and die to caves  (Read 59655 times)

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
Re: Ägashfamthut, "Bandithorses," Where we steal everything and die to caves
« Reply #405 on: August 28, 2018, 11:52:02 pm »

Natch. I already ate them. You shouldn't eat them anyway, soaked in fat they're incredibly unhealthy.
Paleo diet intensifies

Let's get on topic though. We need a challenge! Is there a really powerful modded tundra race that invades we could add?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #406 on: August 29, 2018, 02:38:33 am »

On my end, the Scourge Undead, the Faceless Ones and Ice Trolls can pop up in the arctic regions (with two of my main pack's addons the Magnataur and Blue Draconians are also possibilities).

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 29, 2018, 03:17:00 am »

Well, beyond ZM5's mods there's Frost Giants in Fortress Defence. Making a creature undefeatable by regular dwarves in combat or raid isn't hard either.

A challenge, though? Hm, a challenge is a process. I'm not a modder, but only possible invader behaviour I can think of that doesn't come to rest in an end-state would be perhaps unavoidable infection of everyone with competing non-fatal but differently debiliating diseases taking on a dynamic nonequibalirium, and even then I doubt it. Though otoh an army of slade colossi would go straight to "1. Lure them into cavein/encasement trap", so it's an improvement.

(You could theoretically use diginvaders/tiletypes to dynamically alter terrain, but players would catch on and start using nothingness tiles in freezing environment to protect the fort really soon.)

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: August 29, 2018, 10:17:54 pm »

Hey, can't you make region specific reactions? Like, a special reaction that only happens in tundras, like the acid rain in evil regions?

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: August 30, 2018, 12:30:53 am »

It'd mostly work, but you could protect from that with a roof, while you can't defend yourself from ghost army with anything.
And thus, if the syndrome is so static it is always better to keep people out of the rain when it is solved by 1 overseer it will likely be solved for all future overseers...

Hm, I wonder if you could explode stone boulders or maybe clothes with altered reanimation interaction....

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #410 on: August 30, 2018, 04:18:20 am »

Hey, can't you make region specific reactions? Like, a special reaction that only happens in tundras, like the acid rain in evil regions?
Yeah you can - I've done a few like that for the good/evil biome revamp.

Memphis_Wildcard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: September 03, 2018, 11:30:49 pm »

@Flame and K
You two are horrifying. And even worse when working together. Posting to watch when the next Horses fort pops up.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: September 04, 2018, 04:24:36 pm »

Good news, I have a new computer that's considerably less breadsticky. I should be able to participate in the next fortress much more late game now then I have been :D

Here's an idea for a challenge: it will be divided in half, right? So maybe we have to build the fortress perfectly parallel; every time we build something on one side, we have to build the exact same thing on the other.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: September 05, 2018, 05:20:34 am »

I like the sound of a mirror fortress.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: September 06, 2018, 08:14:32 am »

Dividied in half means 2x2 embark, though. Though I'm not sure where you got it'd be divided, given Flower felt too delicate for forced migration.
(There's underground, but one could mod out picks or mining labour to prevent going there.)

Could make a nice circular river on that, though some biomes of 9 would only be found at map edges.

Memphis_Wildcard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: September 06, 2018, 11:06:58 am »

Would the overseers have to double the caverns as well? Make the entire embark symmetrical?

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: September 06, 2018, 12:45:37 pm »

Dividied in half means 2x2 embark, though. Though I'm not sure where you got it'd be divided, given Flower felt too delicate for forced migration.
(There's underground, but one could mod out picks or mining labour to prevent going there.)

Could make a nice circular river on that, though some biomes of 9 would only be found at map edges.

Divided was the wrong word, my bad. I meant, you know, two halves. One is evil, and one is good.

Would the overseers have to double the caverns as well? Make the entire embark symmetrical?
Hadn't thought about that... but that could be our endgame. Make the world's most OCD fortress.

Moonstone_Flower

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLIPPED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: September 11, 2018, 05:47:14 pm »

I like the sound of a mirror fortress.

+1 on that.  Would it be only single-fold symmetry, or would it be symmetrical on both axes?
Grand Master Depressive
Hate Javascript?  Use this for image uploading.
I am a delicate flower!
...of lewdness and lesbianism
Sadly, the head doctor MoonstoneFlower became depressed.  I am not sure if she will be able to recover.

TheRedwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Pagan Desert Bitch (she/they)
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: November 18, 2018, 06:16:43 pm »

Could I  be dorfed as a sniper (marksdwarf)?
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28]