Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Relicdips  (Read 11151 times)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: Relicdips
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2018, 01:24:48 am »

Suddenly Putin:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
More like put-it-in.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

vp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2018, 12:35:07 pm »

The fort is 24 years old:

Miners dig adamantine with stairs to avoid collapse:

Water from obsidian factory covers the bottom of drained magma sea:

Inside left leg of the statue 50 z-levels has been filled with magma:

Stone Sense depicts magma sea bottom still flooded with magma. Dwarves walk on magma just like Jesus walked on water:

I found out that paved roads can fly, creatures can walk on flying paved roads and Armok Vision shows flying paved roads from any distance, just like walls and floors:

The fort is 26 years old:

Another angle:

The system that should fill flying glass tubs with magma has been completed and loaded:

New project started. Dwarves are going to build an animated picture on the bottom of magma sea. Every pixel is a drawbridge. Then dwarves will flood it again with magma and then the picture will appear when drawbridges are raised and dive when drawbridges are lowered:

vp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2018, 09:29:43 am »

Dwarves built flying windows over a flying paved road:

Soldiers guard hell's gate against magma crabs. You can see unfinished demon-pipeline leading up to the demon-collector:

Dwarves finished demon-pipeline, opened hell's gate, demons rushed to the demon-collector. Behind fortifications on the left you see troll lady Ngoso, she attracts them here:

She attracts demons not very good. Miners dug another demon-collector, it's a very long meandering tunnel with drawbridges on both ends. A legendary marksdarf Archer8 in strange mood needed a stone located in the farther end of the tunnel. She got it but when she hauled it all along the corridor she lost her mind, gone berserk. I had to close the demon-collector with her inside:

She managed to kill one demon before got slain.

Flying windows around a flying paved road look nicely:

First flying glass leaf has been finished, dwarves fill it with magma:

I found out that it should be done very slowly to avoid magma spilling out.

New construction started. In its early stage it looks like a flying tower all made of windows. Lower levels are made of obsidian gem windows, higher levels - of clear glass windows:

Human diplomat watches beautiful Jeweler1:

A crazy woman roams the graveyard:

She failed her strange mood.

Do you remember little boy Kogan whose mother slew three magma crabs barehanded? He's grown up to a handsome young glassmaker:

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2018, 05:10:59 pm »

Roads+windows do look very nice.

I like what you're doing with demons.

And I expected Kogan to be naked too.

Your statues are ginormous as always.

I still brightly remember the dancing dwarf silhouette. I see it is a mechanism this time.

vp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2018, 12:51:02 pm »

Second flying leaf has been filled with magma:

You can see strange trenches on the surface, dwarves will fill them with magma later so they will shine.

Dwarves gained full control over the hell's gate, inserted in its lower end three grates and a locked hatch:

Flying tower of windows keeps on growing. The naked jeweler still walks and works naked:

First time since 0.40.xx I've got normal-size siege, 120 goblins and 36 trolls:

First invaders at the gates:

Entering traps:

Then I had to close the entry because of weapon trap crash bug. Invaders turned their way to the ass of the statue, there's a temporary path inside the fort through the statue's ass:

Dwarves tried to pour magma over them:

It did not work:

Invaders still advancing:

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2018, 08:08:35 pm »

Lot of vomit, but I like how magma glows in it.

I wonder how it'd look in Rendermax?

Of course, by the time you secure things it is no longer necessary.

The flying tower of windows reminds me of modern international. Hm, now that's an idea...

Ah, 43.05. Fun times with that version.

43.05: Use cage traps, weapon traps crash the game.

44.10: Use cage traps, weapon traps crush the dwarves' feeelings.

So your statue eats tacos. At least the trenches are now filled with refuse.

I wonder, will a troll destroy the paved road it is standing on?

vp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2018, 05:35:04 am »

Vanguard of the enemies got inside:

When enemies dissolved all over the map, soldiers counterattacked. It was a decisive victory:

I got a bit confused with burrows so few civilians got outside including the nudist human jeweler:

Last survived invaders climbed the experimental constructions where dwarves test and debug tecniques for creating flying objects:

Logs have fallen through holes in lower cave's floor to the bottom of drained magma sea:

Soldiers cleaned out the battlefield:

The arrow shows the corpse of the last invader. Trousers nearby belonged to a dwarf, obviously he or she lost it running away from the enemies.

Dwarves gathered a lot of goblinite:

There's a lack of human clothes in the fort, most humans became nudist:

I found out that when a bucket of water has been poured onto a paved road it creates mud not on the road but on the rock beneath:

A human monster slayer name Mete Straliroled descended to hell and attacked a demon. Got slayed immediately but the demon got caught in the web spitted by another demon earlier so soldiers shot it easily. The nudist jeweler looted Mete's clothes, she looks very happy:

Armok Vision doesn't show dead bodies but Mete's corpse is here, just at her feet. She reminds me Barbara Brylska:

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2018, 12:16:23 pm »

Your stuff does not get nearly as much attention as it should.  Bravo mate :)  The work you do is the very definition of 'Dwarven Engineering'.

vp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2018, 10:11:54 am »

A legendary human spearmaster Tod Sudemluto killed a demon in a duel, one on one, the human has not been even wounded:

This is a group photo of defenders of the fort:

The dog stands on the hatch under which the hell begins. The goblin holding an axe is Amak Cegadocda, the best warrior of the fort, he has 117 frags, I wrote about him many times. The girl on the right is Risen Luslemthikut aka Archer15, she's 19 years old, she never grabs any weapons, she has become an elite wrestler instead. She killed 26 crundles barehanded. Once she dared attack a demon and survived:

Of course, she was not alone.

I found out that flying paved roads are immune to mud:

It seems impossible to grow hanging gardens in Dwarf Fortress.

The fort is 32 years old:

Another angle:

I found out that a single hungry head can kill a poisonous slavering crane with lidless eyes, enormous shell and long and sparse brown feathers:

Do you remember a soon-to-be-animated picture on the magma sea bottom? Miners dug out the ceiling above to make it a bit more beautiful:

Wrestler girl Archer15 fell from the statue and somehow managed to grab statue's cloak and stop her falling:

Dwarves tried to rescue her but failed, she died anyway.

I found out that if dwarves build and dismantle a paved road over magma flows then magma flows miracolously transform to sand and undeground vegetation starts to grow on it:

vp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2018, 01:58:02 am »

For no reason miners dug out the ceiling over obsidian factory:

An elderly lady fell from the statue onto a flying leaf:

She's been rescued.

The glass tower, camera looks down:

The pit that miners are digging over the animated picture, that pit has touched lower caves:

Another view, on the left you can see obsidian factory and upper demon-collector over it:

The pillar leading through the ceiling is a water supply for obsidian factory.

The impulse generator for the animated picture got power supply:

Armok Vision 0.19.1 finally able to show flying constructions almost correctly (magma inside still not shown when camera looks up):

Another angle:

Got an artefact named "The call of liberating", somehow it reminded me American invasion in Iraq:

A fire man somehow managed to enter fort's undeground, broke a pump and a hatch:

vp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2018, 03:45:09 pm »

When using a flying road as a ceiling for a flying cube, it looks a bit ugly when looking from outside:

But from the inside it looks much better:

There are a lot of cave moss grown up over the terraformed magma sea bottom:

Also you see in this photo clear glass ramps that dwarves built to walk over the magma sea bottom easier.

The statue:

Terraformed magma sea bottom looks funny in Stone Sense:

Dwarves filled a green glass flying cube with magma, apparently it looks very ugly:

In the next experiment dwarves hung in the air various things around a flying road:

And then setup a troll over the road:

Eventually she destroyed or toppled everything except the vertical grate and the coffin. Then I noticed that the troll is visible from the caves and it makes it impossible to few dwarves to return to the fort and they started to starve. Soldiers arrived, somehow two unarmed archers appeared to stand over the flying road, I don't know how they managed to get there:

Miners tried to dig terraformed magma sea bottom with d+h. I found out that after such digging the sand transforms back to magma flows but one z-level lower some stone ramps have been created:

vp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2018, 03:02:13 pm »

THe pit over the underground animation keeps on growing:

It's time to test the animation. The first test doesn't involve magma, the impulse-generating minecart is being guided manually:

It seemed to me that it's so messy because the dwarf pushing the minecart was pushing it too fast. I decided to flood this place with magma:

Then dwarves started it mechanically, using hydro power, it's still fucking messy:

Then I abandoned this project.

Dwarves started new above-groud constructuion, a great flying glass field where captured trolls and goblins will roam high in the sky. For now it's just a small fragment of temporaery obsidian bottom on which the glass roads are to be constructed:

Nude dwarwes walk down the hell:

The glass tower lost temporary scuffolding, now it levitates beautifully:

Another angle:

Time has come to flood 51-75th z-levels of the statue with magma. The view before:

Magma pours from statue's crotch to right leg:

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2018, 04:51:33 pm »

The scale of your work here beyond comprehension. How old is this Fortress?

vp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2018, 12:42:48 pm »

Immortal-D, thank you!

44 years game time, 8 months in real life.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2018, 05:31:13 am »

*notices fort having dropped off and come back*

As always, the scale begets comprehension.

The logs falling through last cavern reminds me of how in worlds without magma sea or below the trees still leave logs - into nothingness.

Mete Straliroled does look happy.

Remind me, where do the demons wander in from?

Hanging aboveground gardens need soil floors and nearby soil walls on level below. Trees need support too, so...Incomptabile with flying windows. Closest is be done with hidden flying supports.

The shot from above the fort with magma inside the leafs is best angle for showcasing the leaves. And the shadow the statue casts - though it is imposing from bottom. The glass tower floating alongside reminds me of rulership scepters.

Quite a lot of effort in that animation. I think I can see what you were going for ( a bouncing coin), it's pretty.

Magma sea terraforming + glass ramps reminds me of chinese greenhouses.

The flying troll road experiment was interesting (plus got to see variety of flying buildings - grates are nice) - thinking about it, buildingdestroyers don't destroy roads either. Alas, I can't think of an use.

Does show that the building tile itself doesn't need to be accessible.

Magma sea bottom digging...I thought Toady disallowed it alongside disabling marking unrevealed ramps. Are you in 44.12? If so, it can come in handy.

And the magma washes the statue clean of vomit, for once. Well, I'm sure the rest will be green again.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4