Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26

Author Topic: Simple Fort... Succession game... Resident clowns  (Read 55494 times)

Lunardog15

• Bay Watcher
  • I bring hell (aka eternal PUNishment)
    • View Profile
Re: Simple Fort... Succession game
« Reply #105 on: May 04, 2018, 06:08:42 pm »

can I be dorfed i may take a turn but that would be in ~ a month(if you will take singups) plz note im a noob :'(
everything is fine
 everything is on fire
I see no difference between these two phrases.
only at modded hell does this make sense

onciblu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 07, 2018, 11:47:25 am »

sorry guys, the weekend was busy. I may finish the turn today
Ô_ quack

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 07, 2018, 05:19:22 pm »

Next person please update your df version to 0.44.10
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Stoat tales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 14, 2018, 05:01:20 am »

Is this fort still on?

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
  • The only person who cares about Tales from Entar
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 14, 2018, 06:31:17 am »

I'd also like to know, sounds ¤FUN¤.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 14, 2018, 06:38:55 am »

It's running, Onciblu must have run into some real life troubles.
In a time before time, I had a name.

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
  • The only person who cares about Tales from Entar
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 14, 2018, 07:13:18 am »

Either way if you're still taking players I'm game to do a year. Been a while since I applied some mad Dwarven science to a fort :p or just engrave shizz...yknow. Usual stuff. :p

Kametec_Housen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 14, 2018, 05:53:41 pm »

I'm still keeping an eye on this fort. If I see my turn is up, I will take it.

IMHO the biggest pain here is that we don't have explicit rules for situation like this, so I wait and hope the fort doesn't wither away in the meantime.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 14, 2018, 07:36:23 pm »

We just keep nagging Onciblu and if he logs on without giving us a bump, or doesn't show up for a month or so, we retake from the last turn, I think.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 14, 2018, 10:37:34 pm »

If Onciblu doesn't show up we're gonna pass the turn on this weekend
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

onciblu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 15, 2018, 05:37:09 pm »

First of all, I am sorry. It was very rude of me to hype up the end of my turn and then disappear for almost 10 days.

12 hematite, a human caravan arrived.

I wond if they will mind the corpse stockpile. They didnt seen to care. Since we have too much food and the dwarfs want the large bone gens, I will be offering prepared food the the humans. Leather, wool, cloth, meat and some iron items were bought

7th Malachite, More migrants came.

7 migrants: 1 bookbinder and 6 dwarfs without notable skill. They will fill the reserve squads

17 malachite, the soldiers have taken all battle axes and we are out of wood to make beds. More axes are going to be made. The stack is in the final fase, the first pump is being constructed. A duct will take the water to the ponds, the windmills are done.   
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Oh, we had a ghost

We now have 400 urist of power, to power a pump stack to the magma level we will need 1000 urists.

The mayor wants a clear glass window on his office. Oh, clear glass is easier to make than I expected, a shame that the mayors order is red already, I will try to automate the production of pearlash.

14th felsite.

More good news: Dastot Asenushul, now named "Dastot Pointyendy" Asenushul is a spearmaster.

And the dwarven caravan has come. All bone gems are being moved to the depot. At this point there is 5 pumps left to finish the water stack.

We are onci again out of logs.

The outpost want to elevate us as a official land of the realm. I will flip a coin...
jk, i accepetd.

I need to appoint someone as baron. It needs to be someone relatively safe if we want to become motherland someday. Lets start with named dwarfs Xenir and Iduno are miners, wich is somewat dangerous. Cheese is a cheesemaker, we all know how dangerous cheesemaking is. Magistrum is a sworddwarf, I will comment not. And then we have onci, that is a twelve years old engraver girl, which is pretty safe. Who would attack a twelve years old girl? Moreover, she can decorate her own room. Onci it is.

From the next caravan are being requested:
Iron, pig iron and steel bars, some small cut gems, anvils. And iron and coal bearing stones.

This is wat they want

Did the caravan disappear? I am not seeing anyone and there is no trader at the depot.

I think its time to get rid of the corpse stockpile, there is no announcement or report message explaining wat happened, but i think it is it. Dwarves now will automatically dump skull and corpses in the magma sea.

Snow pulled the final lever inaugurating the stack.

The flaw in the design is that the pump doesn't pump from the block that the pump bellow pumped, but rather a tile further. So the liquid has to travel 1 tile before being pumped, making the stack very inefficient. Welp, living and learning.
A group of buzzards are annoying the dwarves, so the marks dwarfs were send to kill then.

20th, sandstone, 4 buzzards killed, 3 left. The cancellation spam is driving me crazy.

Kosoth Roberubbul is hauling stuff to his workshop all the way to magma level. I fear all the going up and down will let him more crazy than he already is.

2th Timber, the buzzars are no longer here and more immigrants arrived

A legendary Clothier
A fish worker, will be put into hauling, he is acctually dad of one of the axedwarfs
A peasant, to the reserve
Another fishworker
A Lama, lets call it Libash
A poor skilled farmer
A animal caretaker

Our pop is now 141

Dwarves sparring is always a good sign

5th timber

Good news, The reservoir is full! Bad news, it is overflowing   

Also good, Kosoth stopped hauling and started working

The lever was pulled. both filtering pump were put to work

The miners and engravers finished the bedroom area. Time to hallow the tube. The bedrooms are quite collourfull

There seen to be a lack of steel armor and leggings. It shall be made.

Its finished.

I am turning the stack off for now. The clean reservoir, that directly feeds the well is full.
There is a dwarf with clean self job, lets see were he goes;

15th Timber, Udil Lolokozor had a son again, making our pop the beautiful number of 142

Dwarves seen to be cleaning themselves on the pond above ground. Maybe making a watersource area around the well will help.

Our legendary glassmaker will be no longer hauling, he will be producing green glass blocks for our above ground reservoir, talking about it, time to make it. In other news the water froze. Interestlyng, the water inside the above ground pipe (which is covered) also froze.

Soap and pearlash production was automated, perhaps clear glass blocks will be a good substitution for the green glass on the reservoir I was going to make, wich delays the reservoir even further. But better well done than rushed I guess.

16th Moonstone, we have some giant flys, eight to be exact

It's their turn to cause cancellation spam

Uhhh, Guys?

« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 08:55:09 pm by onciblu »
Ô_ quack

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 17, 2018, 09:09:53 pm »

Onciblu Lives!
5th timber
Good news, The reservoir is full! Bad news, it is overflowing   
The lever was pulled. both filtering pump were put to work
I was sure I had put a bridge there to prevent that though...

By the way, I would get the speardwarves alone to go on it, since it has internal organs and should die cleaner like that.

Kametec_Housen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 18, 2018, 04:09:27 am »

Nah, the messier the better. :) Have a macedwarf sling its teeth all over the place.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 18, 2018, 03:49:03 pm »

Why are you dumping in the magma sea? I may have left the Atom Smasher garbage dump inactive, and a quantum dump stockpile, but that was because I didn't realize you could just use a minecart on a track stop for quantum. Re-activate the garbage dump, and definitely get all the corpses underground if we have necromancers in this world.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

onciblu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 20, 2018, 07:34:21 pm »

>I was sure I had put a bridge there to prevent that though...

Yeah, and I had a bad time flicking that lever on and off not seeing the brigde being raised(blind me).

>Why are you dumping in the magma sea? I may have left the Atom Smasher garbage dump inactive, and a quantum dump stockpile, but that was because I didn't realize you could just use a minecart on a track stop for quantum. Re-activate the garbage dump, and definitely get all the corpses underground if we have necromancers in this world.

Oh, that was wat that role was? I never messed with quantum stockpiles, and did atom smashing once. Also, I guess throwing stuff into magma is cooler (although they need to go all the way down, but who needs efficiency?).

>By the way, I would get the speardwarves alone to go on it, since it has internal organs and should die cleaner like that.

Ehhr...

Despite posting the cliffhanger (I hate cliffhangers), I couldn't contain myself and continued playing straight away. All maing squads were sent just outside the fort entrance and waited the cyclop, who came rather fast. Dastot gave the final and was called cyclop slayer after that. Magistrum also fought and took quite a bit of fat from the beast

The marksdwarfs and the garrison were sent to deal with the flys. Peharps we could catch and tame one or two, but I don't fell like setting up cage traps now. Instead some common cave creatures will be tamed

3rd Opal, Inod tagzùzrovod, also known as "Inod Leaparches" became Axe Lord.

I think we can retire this guy, he was from the 2nd reserve.

8th opal, only a fly left and we have a new artifact

11th Opal, Fidok has birthed her third son. And all the flies are ded

18th Obsidian,

a hammerdwarf and a spearman have been found dead. I don't know whether they were a monster hunter or a regular soldier, probably the former. Aparentely a giant bat bited their head and shacked as if there was no tomorrow. The main squads were sent to kill the bat so the body could be recuperated. The marksdwarf Astesh Rulducim got the kill. No one else seems to be seriously hurt.

Ten days remaining for my turn to end and the booze stock is dangerously low, new stills are being built to speed up booze production. Despite we having 420 plump helmets, brewing are being canceled for the lack of leafs, it wont be cooked anymore to prevent the cook from grabing it. The brewers wont do mundane tasks anymore
21th Opal New puppys are born, I am worried about a puppy explosion, so some will be gelded

1th(?) Granite, Spring has came and my turns is finally over

Things to consider, the booze stock is quite low, despite a automated order running all the year. Maybe now that the brewer is focused on brewing booze will go back at the normal. New brewers could be usefull too. I having been using the big mined layer to miscellaneous things as animal training; sand gathering glass furnaces; placement of coffins and so on. It is meant to a temporary thing, not permanent. The corpse stockpile is empty/ almost empty. But many dwarfs have seens lots of corpses recently. I dont know how this will behave on the 44.10 version. Lamas are having babies, some gelding may be necessary, I didn't much to control animal pop, I just gelded some puppy's, not all of then. There is 400 power connected to the stack and 400 unconnected, do as you wish to handle the power distribution. The levers that operate the stack are near it (you can see it in the lever inauguration gif). If anyone ever want to use the macro, just ask and I will send the file, it needs more tweaking, but is better than do from zero. It may need a redesign to fix issues previously mentioned.

I am still to upload the goblin siege footage to youtube, but this won't happen this week. And its mostly me having no idea of wat to do.

Finnaly

The save file is being compressed and will be uploaded shortly, fell free to point bad grammar so I can fix
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 07:48:01 pm by onciblu »
Ô_ quack
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26