Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26

Author Topic: Simple Fort... Succession game... Resident clowns  (Read 54669 times)

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
  • The only person who cares about Tales from Entar
    • View Profile
Re: Simple Fort... Succession game
« Reply #120 on: May 20, 2018, 07:41:22 pm »

Sounds awesome, but I can't see any of the images, the spoilers come out blank D:

onciblu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 20, 2018, 07:49:14 pm »

all of them? I spotted a link with no extension but the rest is appearing normally for me. Some spoilers just contain gifs, so that may take a while for load.

edit: the file will take some time to upload in the morning I will post the link

Edit2:I left the save uploading over night and unfortunately occurred a error. I am out of town and will be able to upload it only tonight
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 11:06:57 am by onciblu »
Ô_ quack

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 20, 2018, 09:59:30 pm »

>I was sure I had put a bridge there to prevent that though...

Yeah, and I had a bad time flicking that lever on and off not seeing the brigde being raised(blind me).
Did you check the Notes to see what the levers did and where stations were?

I think we can retire this guy, he was from the 2nd reserve.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Both hands, ouch!
Don't remember if the bug where lacking [grasp] body parts generated a cancellation span when trying to bathe, guess we will know soon.
Maybe set profession of those dismissed "Retiree" or "Disabled", they already have only inconsequential labor enabled anyway, what little they can do should keep them mentally healthy.

Everyone be careful sending the Garrison around, since they have no armor. Consider sending the marksdwarves instead, who have a better chance of being alive long enough for help to arrive in case of siege or the like. (Also so that the towers stay staffed)

Since you mention a small abundance of dogs, let's try to chaining them around the towers to detect ambushes, since we don't have the C&OLEWS in the surface anymore, and solve two problems at once.
In a time before time, I had a name.

onciblu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 21, 2018, 06:15:08 pm »

Ô_ quack

Kametec_Housen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 22, 2018, 09:50:05 am »

According to turn list, I should take the save. But I have already took my turn for year 1. Should I take this turn as well or pass it to next person in line?

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 22, 2018, 11:54:52 am »

I would like to request a dorfing as a military dorf. :D
DF Veterans- n. - One who has lost one or more forts due to a stupid oversight.

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow
Just never forget,/That Bloodyhells is always a threat.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 22, 2018, 05:22:20 pm »

Should I take this turn as well or pass it to next person in line?

Hold up, PMed "Scourage" :P right now, first to reply takes the turn.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 22, 2018, 05:36:35 pm »

I'll be honest, I forgot I signed up for a turn, so I'm grabbing the save now
EDIT: I may or may not have got most of the military killed....
EDIT2:So turns out, most of the military squads weren't set to actually train...so I've fixed that for the future

Kametec_Housen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 22, 2018, 07:55:41 pm »

No problems here, go ahead. ;)

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 22, 2018, 08:56:14 pm »

EDIT2:So turns out, most of the military squads weren't set to actually train...so I've fixed that for the future

You may have missed the previous turns, the four reserve squads train three months of the year and work as civilians for the rest. Only the small weapon specific squads train all year.

Or you want them to train all time, then go ahead.

By the way, The Garrison will have some soldiers training and others guarding the two towers all year long, and they do not have armor. The Marksdwarves have armor and are to train all year long, but not guard the towers. The reserves squads are assigned bronze armor, but I'm not sure there are 40 sets of armor for all of them right now.

There may or may not be less than forty, buy you may or may not have made that enough.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 23, 2018, 07:28:17 am »

The squads (including I think atleast one of the weapon squads) weren't set to active/training and as far as I can tell, had pretty much no training whatsoever, and yes, I DID kinda miss the last few turns

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 23, 2018, 07:15:26 pm »

Sorry for double post, but UPDATE TIME (Not rping much, because I suck at rping)

So quite quickly, a goblin siege happened, and since I didn't actually know where the levers were (I guess I wasn't really paying attention to the thread, even though I DID read it, I think? I didn't remember any of it) I had to use the military to fight, and learned that this could happen and that you can be grabbed by a bolt

This was the aftermath

and here's what was left of the military I destroyed the reserves to put them into the normal squads...

This cannot happen again, I must do something.... I have an idea.... *Scourge begins cackling insanely*

Oh, the elves are here... give them weapons I found in the siege, some worn out clohtes, and some gems.....

Guys, how do the elves have this, aren't they supposed to be unable to use stone and such?

Other than that though, I bought some clothes, some barrels, some cages, aaaand sadly though, only the bushtit is female among the birds.

This happened

Just as an FYI, this is what I've been dealing with after the battle where this dwarf lost their limbs

Sweet, although other than a few animal trainers, a glassworker and a mechanic, most of the dwarves went into the squads.

That can't be good... Also, at some point I built a wall around the corpse stockpile, so that the corpses wouldn't be as visible

So after this happened, I closed the drawbridge, locking some dwarves out, and in trying to get them out carved a path back into the fortress and sent the axedwarves out after the beast, 3 or four of them died but so did the beast (and like several other things, I forgot to get screenshots.

And then this happened Luckily the only casualties were a puppy and a marksdwarf, and even more luckily no one was bitten.

Just gonna put this here

It begins....

It continues....

I thought this was weird

It continues again....

It continues once more....

Well that's not good.

So this showed up

And with that, it is summer

onciblu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 24, 2018, 11:16:08 am »

so we are for sure in 44.10 huh  :D
Ô_ quack

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
  • The only person who cares about Tales from Entar
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 24, 2018, 12:17:16 pm »

I haven't seen a tantrum spiral in years xD genuinely started to think they were patched out and we just kept the running joke, like with carp.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 24, 2018, 02:23:42 pm »

I haven't seen a tantrum spiral in years xD genuinely started to think they were patched out and we just kept the running joke, like with carp.

Well we're getting them back boyz! Kinda. Sometimes it's just a depression spiral instead, but yeah. Kinda being a mix of the spirals. Tantrum, Depression, and Oblivion Spirals. A glorious, tasty swirly cone of a triple threat.
DF Veterans- n. - One who has lost one or more forts due to a stupid oversight.

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow
Just never forget,/That Bloodyhells is always a threat.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26