Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 26

Author Topic: Simple Fort... Succession game... Resident clowns  (Read 55566 times)

onciblu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Simple Fort... Succession game
« Reply #210 on: July 03, 2018, 10:38:16 am »

Since the end of the siege not much happened. Most work orders in workshop were suspended. Cheese was killed while in trantrum. Dwarfs are concentrating in hauling right now.

A library was built to let the dwarfs ponder so much sadness.

We have some miasma problens, Ventilation and dumping were ordened. But I don't know how fast it will be done.

A dead Ibesx is being condened of all witnesless crimes. This is wat I call escape Ibex.
 We a have giant badgers problem at the surface. The axedwarf went alone at it naked rendering 16 pages of badger beating. The hammer dwarf Athel finally came and put the thing out of misery

Oh, o dont think I showed our new holding yet right?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Oh, this is new

who watchs the watcher

We have migrants:

1 dificulty to angry gelder
this neckbeard spinner
A quick to anger peasant
A rarely happy farmer
A bone carver
A nervous wreck monster slayer, to speardwarfs you go
A coward pessimistic tanner
A quick to anger peasant
A coward pump operator
A trader
This too much optmistic about herself gilrl
A brave peasant
A brave ranger
A "do not easily hate or form negatives fellings" Bowyer
This pump operator: I think she will fit right in
A calm farmer
Littlefinger
A hoppefully planter
A quick to anger animal trainer

All migrants had burial and refuse hauling disabled to save then from entering the corpse room
The elves came, they had a bushit that I took to replace the old one

We are in mid spring, latter I will be playing some more

Fixed imagens, tnx mag
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 05:49:55 pm by onciblu »
Ô_ quack

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 03, 2018, 01:42:01 pm »

Those profile pics of the migrants don't show up.
DF Veterans- n. - One who has lost one or more forts due to a stupid oversight.

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow
Just never forget,/That Bloodyhells is always a threat.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 03, 2018, 06:10:20 pm »

A dead Ibesx is being condened of all witnesless crimes. This is wat I call escape Ibex.

I knew I should have bought that goat!

Fixed imagens, tnx mag

speciesunkn0wn name is mag?

Mags of the world, unite! :P
In a time before time, I had a name.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 03, 2018, 06:36:19 pm »

I knew I should have bought that goat!

Fixed imagens, tnx mag

speciesunkn0wn name is mag?

Mags of the world, unite! :P

My name is not Mag. :P I think he's mentioning someone who helped him figure out how to fix the problem.
DF Veterans- n. - One who has lost one or more forts due to a stupid oversight.

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow
Just never forget,/That Bloodyhells is always a threat.

onciblu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 05, 2018, 06:55:51 am »

Tha is the reason I stopped playing when I stoped  :o

These guys will still save us.

I was thinking, wat give good toughs? Making crafts right, so I can set up anyone who didn't make a craft to make a bolt, that way they work, pratice a craft and gain some weaponsmith exp in case of strange mood.

Wat else? Oh, rooms. Lets make luxurious mobile and bigger rooms for those sad sad dwarfs.

What else? Buryng the dead and getting ride of the miasma may help Oh, WATTERFALLS, why didnt i think of this before? A watterfall will be build in the center of the tavern

Maybe he went on a vacation?

I am currently monitoring the corpse stock pile. Only dwarfs who can see corpses are allowed to enter and are named corpse handler. The rest have the burial and refuse hauling jobs disabled and the item they are hauling forbiden
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 07:20:07 am by onciblu »
Ô_ quack

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 05, 2018, 12:39:11 pm »

I'm surprised you have people dehydrate with a waterfall.

onciblu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 05, 2018, 12:49:48 pm »

watterfall is not in operation yet. People dehydrating are the sad faces who refuse to drink. In fact we have 400+ booze right now

A smaller corpse stockpile room will be built to prevent corpse handlers to do this

Some dwarfs want adquire stuff, so bone amulets and some clothes will be produced

Sometimes things work as intended
Sometimes things don't

I know this is kind cheap, but quarters will be engraved to increase morale

The corpse is already walled of by walls made of green glass

They are being buried as fast as they can

5th hematite, a engraver went berseker, luckly he was inside a room, wich is now locked. Some military will be dispatched in case he can break the door.

I think the stumbling obviously ones dont drink
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 04:38:12 pm by onciblu »
Ô_ quack

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 05, 2018, 01:58:05 pm »

Refuse because they're sad, or refuse because they're unresponsively staring off into nothingness?

And jeesh that corpse stockpile. If you're not going to use it, might as well use cart to move individual corpses around a corner or in a hole.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 05, 2018, 10:28:38 pm »

So you want to bury the dead with respect, instead of pitting all the bodies in a hole and writing slabs as they rise up like a reasonable overseer...

Do we have water handy? Maybe the constant fights are making the dwarves get hurt and get forbidden from drinking by the Chief Medical Dwarf refuse alcoholic beverages, contributing to more bad thoughts about dehydration and a higher chance of dying between drinks.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 05, 2018, 11:10:28 pm »

And jeesh that corpse stockpile. If you're not going to use it, might as well use cart to move individual corpses around a corner or in a hole.
Hey, that's a perfectly valid corpse stockpile (Which it should be noted I didn't designate, all I did was box it in to try to stop stress long term, so new migrants wouldn't have to see as many corpses)

onciblu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 06, 2018, 02:13:41 pm »

So you want to bury the dead with respect, instead of pitting all the bodies in a hole and writing slabs as they rise up like a reasonable overseer...

Do we have water handy? Maybe the constant fights are making the dwarves get hurt and get forbidden from drinking by the Chief Medical Dwarf refuse alcoholic beverages, contributing to more bad thoughts about dehydration and a higher chance of dying between drinks.

We have a well with full resevoir right next to hospital, which is empty right now. To pit the corpse we would need the corpse handlers to enter the corpse storage and bring it to another hole, then make as slab then engrave it, then built it. I just tought putting the corpses straight into a coffin to be easier. Its not that bad, remember when stoat died? He is already buried... Much of that stockpile is goblins and trolls bit, wich will be trown into the lava oncie the dwarfs are buried. The watterfall is still not in operation because of the lack of corckscrew for the screw pumps needed to empty the bottom reservoir. I am thinking in release water bit by bit and take care of emptying the resevoir latter.

See? The yellow arrow indicates the flood gate which will be built, the red arrow indicate the floodgate wich is already built and open. Both will be linked to the same lever. When the lever flicks one is open and other is closed, releasing a bit of water or filling the 2tilechamber again(it can be made bigger later)

We have 2 more holdings. And I just figured how to make messagers to ask for workers, which will be good once the gore is cleaned.

The hummans haven came. I dont think we need to buy anything from then.

I decided to remove all corpse and refuse stockpiles. Only job the CH will be doing is hauling the meat to the coffins

I hope they dont get malaria

On the bright side Brasil just scored. There is still hope

Remember when I said the hospital was empty? Welp not anymore, as there is no hope anymore. I mean in Brasil. Simple fort is just going to be nice

As there is corpses inside the fort the doors on the corpse stockpile will be forbidden, making the CH prioritize corpses which are in plain view(I really should have done that waaaaay before)

I discovered some problems with my watterfall design but now it is working

The smaller corpse stockpile will be open again because of a roten corpse inside the fort, you see, we have lots of empty claimed coffins. The new corpses need to wait for new coffins be built.

One more holding to us, urray.

I think by now you all know that i am not informing every single casualty. Just a little update, we are at 94 pop right now
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 03:53:21 pm by onciblu »
Ô_ quack

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 06, 2018, 04:43:04 pm »

See? The yellow arrow indicates the flood gate which will be built, the red arrow indicate the floodgate wich is already built and open. Both will be linked to the same lever. When the lever flicks one is open and other is closed, releasing a bit of water or filling the 2tilechamber again(it can be made bigger later)

This does not work, because levers send <OPEN> or <CLOSE> signal at once.

That sort of toggling behaviour is possible with minecarts that pass over a pressure plate in a single step (due, say, there being a track ramp just before the plate). You can then link a lever so it makes minecart move that; open allows it to fall below a hatch, close allows it to move over a hatch it'd have gone through.

(Though in the first place, you could use said minecart to release 2/7 water every x frames instead of leaving a lever on repeat that I'm thinking you're thinking of.)

Remember when I said the hospital was empty? Welp not anymore, as there is no hope anymore. I mean in Brasil.
:<

And jeesh that fps.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 04:45:16 pm by Fleeting Frames »

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 07, 2018, 12:32:53 pm »

Remember when I said the hospital was empty? Welp not anymore, as there is no hope anymore. I mean in Brasil. Simple fort is just going to be nice

My God... We got defeated by sideways Germany!

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 10, 2018, 06:32:17 am »

My God... We got defeated by sideways Germany!

I was just getting over it... Then I came to the forums and started crying once more  :-[

Are you guys actually Brazilians?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 06:34:21 am by GPeter »
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.
Hey, don't be like that. Your life never had any meaning in the first place!

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 10, 2018, 02:11:50 pm »

I am, and Onciblu sounds very Brazilian too.

HU3HU3HU3BRBR?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 26