Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 26

Author Topic: Simple Fort... Succession game... Resident clowns  (Read 55550 times)

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
Re: Simple Fort... Succession game
« Reply #225 on: July 10, 2018, 02:18:26 pm »

HUEHUEHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHUEBR, com tanto lugar pra eu encontrar BR, eu venho encontrar BR logo aqui? Aakskaskakskask

Translation: With so many places for me to find Brazilians, I find them here? Hahhahahahahahaha
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.
Hey, don't be like that. Your life never had any meaning in the first place!

onciblu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 10, 2018, 02:20:14 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yeah, I saw that the lever flipping thing didn't work. Then i put a hatch that didn't hold water. But this is a temporary problem. The waterfall pump has all pieces necessary and only needs building

There is miasma in the dinning hall, corpse handlers hopefully will handle the situation soon

Some more imigrants arrived despite the danger, the same job disabling will be applied to then

A brave caohtic fish dissector
A not perseverant trader
A pessimistic fishecleaner
A can handle stress peasant, new corpse handler
A copetent axedwarf monk. to axedwarfs you go
A very happy and optimistic stonecrafter
A thresher

Our pop is 102. So i may have missed someone.

Some cheese, drinks and books were bought from the humans.

I am, and Onciblu sounds very Brazilian too.

HU3HU3HU3BRBR?

Foi o sotaque? ahueahuehuaehuahe

The corpse stockpile was closed again and there is no more put item in coffing jobs, the miasma is gone and there is even spare coffins right now. Of course they will be taken once the corpse stockpile is open once again, so that will wait the situation to normalize a bit

The refuse stockpile was remade in case a animal dies inside the cave again and refuse from outside is being ignored I think progress is being made

« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 02:38:43 pm by onciblu »
Ô_ quack

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 10, 2018, 02:22:02 pm »

Eu não sabia desse Discord, manda o link ae

I hope everyone else don't mind any occasional message in portuguese...
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 02:24:10 pm by GPeter »
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.

onciblu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 10, 2018, 02:50:34 pm »

Is this acctually dangerous?

Ô_ quack

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 10, 2018, 02:59:44 pm »

I would say, yes.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 10, 2018, 04:08:13 pm »

It is a giant, so it has internal organs, close everything down and make it target pratice for the Garrison, if not possible focus on spears and other edge weapons.

It is not very dangerous, since it can feel pain it falls unconscious pretty fast and becomes harmless.

Edit:
Foi o sotaque? ahueahuehuaehuahe [Was it the accent? ahueahueahueahue]
You know, it is pretty weird how you can pick up some hints of what is the language something sprung up on people's head before they translate it to the target language. I assume it comes with learning a second language, I'm sure you knew I was Brazilian before.

Let's avoid using Portuguese, since it makes Toady One, The Great, waste a lot of time to verify the contents, with only he and Threetoe to Mod the boards.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 09:20:36 am by Magistrum »
In a time before time, I had a name.

onciblu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 13, 2018, 08:46:45 am »

I'm sure you knew I was Brazilian before.

I had no ideia.

I was planning on a update yesterday but things got in the way. Hoppefully I will be able to end my turn soon.

Closing the fortress fast enough will be dificult as I oppened some holes (kitchen miasma and watterfall pump). There is also the new jail area, wich the gians is close to

All main millitary were send to the jail area We are going to try to wall of it. Hide alert was set

There were one corpse handler Alath Adildasel that previously went crazy. He was chained in the new prision area, with armor and everything. Naturally he is the closest soldier to the giant. And he did extremally well

He can be a murderer. But he is our murderer

On a side note, a trantuing dwarf killled the manager. Crippled was appointed to as the new manager. The holes on the groun will be closed and a brigde will close the jail area

Not much is happening, people are dying being killed by trantuing dwarfs. Trantwing dwarfs are being arrested. Jail cells are being set up. Depressed dwarfs are dying of thyrst and we still have extra coffins. The last screw pump is yet to be built and there is about 4 mechanical transmission pierces to be built before the waterfall get fully in action. We are in late summer

We must prepare right?

THE SYSTEM WORKS

Well, at least parttially

Its early autuumm and we are running out of globonite

I did the same strategy used every other time. All main squads stationed near the entrance and hide allert on.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 02:42:29 pm by onciblu »
Ô_ quack

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 13, 2018, 02:48:38 pm »

With all this miasama, happiness segregation and murdering going on about, I wonder just what kind of madness I will find come my term.

Congratulations Alath! Can we have a not to scale statue of a giant on his cell?

Check of there is too much food? I don't remember the ktchen generating miasma before... Maybe it's rotting without room in the stockpiles.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 13, 2018, 03:15:28 pm »

*likes engraved letters*

I think I spy some tree holes. Or seeds. In the first image.

Your  green bridge has a security hole with a door after it on the side.

onciblu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 13, 2018, 04:33:59 pm »

With all this miasama, happiness segregation and murdering going on about, I wonder just what kind of madness I will find come my term.

Congratulations Alath! Can we have a not to scale statue of a giant on his cell?

Check of there is too much food? I don't remember the ktchen generating miasma before... Maybe it's rotting without room in the stockpiles.

I think you will find the need to call more workers from outside, I did get 2 migrants waves despite the danger, but deaths, including of "important" dwarfs is a common occurrence. I will ask for the statue, maybe even put it in his tomb, he went starking mad and I dont recall a cure for that. Altough right now his cell has a to scale "replica" of the giant's skeleton.

There was too much food on the kitchens, some of it were rotting. There was stockpiles avaliable but not enough dwarfs, I ended up destroying that kitchen, I suspect there is another one somewhere else. Right now we have 2,6k of prepared food and 0,9k of drink.
*likes engraved letters*

I think I spy some tree holes. Or seeds. In the first image.

Your  green bridge has a security hole with a door after it on the side.
yeah, there is several doors on the walls but those can be forbid, and even give time to dwarfs to wall in. A bigger issue is that part of the thing doesn't even have a ceiling

Now a riddle for you guys:

Wat is the difference between a militia captain and a militia Commander?
R:

The squads were sent to station near sanera, I dont really want to loose him. He killed 5 out of the 15 goblins that attacked us. Right now there is 10 goblis left to go, and he is make sure it happens. He will be now known as The Militia Captain

Z screen while the millitary is active

Sanera didnt listen the orders to back up, he runned straight away for the group of goblins south of him, against the rain of arrows the goblins sent. While the others squads scrambelled to find its way outside, Sanera found a troll, and with a cirurgical poke made the troll tetraplegic. Not happy with it, he continuasly beat the troll while blocking bolts with his shield. The globins came closing in.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 05:15:17 pm by onciblu »
Ô_ quack

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 13, 2018, 05:38:43 pm »

Well, that doesn't seem to have hurt too much.
Has any industry halted due to the loss of specialized workers?
Also, will we wait next turn to update?

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 13, 2018, 06:11:03 pm »

the doors were to prevent dwarves from having to walk the entire length of the tunnel to get to the other side, and the roof was I hadn't actually finished it....

onciblu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 17, 2018, 03:57:12 pm »

Well, that doesn't seem to have hurt too much.
Has any industry halted due to the loss of specialized workers?
Also, will we wait next turn to update?

I stopped the majority of orders and put things to productions as it came necessary. Mainly coffins. Booze never stopped being produced I think. At least a wood stockpile was deleted to prevent too many hauling jobs. Even the military was inactive the most part of my turn.

The objective was to let then relax, let then pray and ponder and talk and stuff. The tantrums are a bad tought multiplier: guy gets punch and receive a bad tought,  puncher get punished and receives a bad thought, beater beats puncher and receive a bad thought. This not mentioning the people that dies in the tantrums, and the people that dies in depression, they have a family, you know. So I didn't want to push the dwarfs to work on superfluous things as making crafts for trading. I did have a big project in mind, which was to make a double track, as in a double helix, around the pump stack, to bring magma up using minecarts while the pump isn't expanded. But just building a few z levels of pump to make the waterfall took forever.

the doors were to prevent dwarves from having to walk the entire length of the tunnel to get to the other side, and the roof was I hadn't actually finished it....

The doors were usefull, the manouve abilitie came handy during the siege. As for the ceiling, I think we are good unless a dragon comes.

The dwarf caravan came but brought no outpost liason. Just about time a new hillock is inaugurated.

On others news the watterfall is inaugurated.

We got another migrant wave, despite the danger

Lokun ♂, a thresher who can handle stress
Besmar ♀, a optimistic brewer who avoids stressfull situations (then why you even came?)
Mosus ♀, a child
Obok ♂, a quicky to anger competent speardwarf, to squad you go
Iton ♂, a conflicted gelder
Stodir ♀, a brave legendary stonecrafter
Solon ♂, a cruel soap maker
Uvash ♀, a curious farmer who likes to brawl

This migrant wave put our pop count to 100 again

26th, Limestone 557

Sadly Sanera was found dead today. Peharps she didn't survive the wars wounds as no new fights involved her after the siege.

There is a ghost terrorizing the hospital, preventing docs to treat their patients. Slabs are on the way.

Prepared food was sold. Toys, booze, parchements, food ingredients and instruments were bought from the caravan. About 15k urists of prepared food were given to the mountain home, as a thanks for the migrants

It was inevtable

One more hillock is ours

17th Sandstone

Scourge suddenly became quiet and headed to the manson workshop.

Remember the guy that went berseker insed a room and got locked in? He is a skeleton now

this may come handy

Scourge grabbed a chalk and a bunch of things and is doing something. He didn't tell anyone wat it is tough.

Dwarfs were told to pass near the waterfall when going near the tavern

Scourge is done

Out of all things he broke the lever the controls the flood gate to the watterfall. This means water will continnually enter the watterfall system. Al tough the water level in the dirty tunnels is not so high, so in the near future it may be possible to rebuilt it.

Dwarfs are back at dumping waste. Enough of bad toughts because of goblins bodies that we cant bury

The lever was rebuilt and linked sucesfully.

Again :(

There is a jail area in the big room that has everything, and it is quit occupied right now

1 Winter, time to hang the boots again. It was a ok year, we could clean some things up and see the population stabilize at a stable trantruing state. Note that the cave near the exploratory digging site is open because i wanted to built a walled staircase for a straightier path.

Obligatory z screen

Save may come up tomorrow as it take forever to compress and upload.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 05:55:20 pm by onciblu »
Ô_ quack

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 17, 2018, 04:51:14 pm »

There is a ghost terrorizing the hospital, preventing docs to treat their patients. Slabs are on the way.

What a problem (quoting for emphasis).

Instead of deleting stockpiles you can set them to take from links only or turn off wood hauling in orders as well.

And nice manouvering - though hatches in the center of 1x1 staircases(so they can't be walked up to) might be better.

PS: Your spoiler image is missing the .png/.jpg/etc. ending.

onciblu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 17, 2018, 09:35:51 pm »

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13900

I was getting lots of freezes during the game, luckly not a single crash. Peharps 44.12 will help with that
Ô_ quack
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 26