Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 26

Author Topic: Simple Fort... Succession game... Resident clowns  (Read 55586 times)

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
Re: Simple Fort... Succession game
« Reply #240 on: July 18, 2018, 08:29:36 pm »

Alrighty, my turn, right?

I'll try to keep things calm, just a calm and tranquil fort in the forest. And a truckload of towers!
I'll have the next week off work, so I'll pick it up Saturday probably. I'll check if there's anything I can do to improve FPS.
Also, remind me to make a list of how many named dwarves are still alive.
In a time before time, I had a name.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 20, 2018, 02:46:33 pm »

Yeah, do we even have a current list?

Also, re: FPS: do we have flowing water/magma going anywhere? Mist is awesome for morale, but pumping can be terrible on FPS.

onciblu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 20, 2018, 07:59:29 pm »

The only flowing liquid is water from the waterfall circuit. The main pump is shut since its not efficient we didn't need more water.
Ô_ quack

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 21, 2018, 09:03:50 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

onciblu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 22, 2018, 06:13:29 am »

SH*T, I think I uploaded the wrong save. That place is not were I last was when i saved the last turn. Its were I was when I saved my first turn. I just checked my uploads at DFFD and the file size for both saves is identical. The last turn file compressed should be 8mb bigger.

I will try to get the right save uploaded ASAP

edit:
This one is the right save l
                                    \/

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13918
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 08:05:44 pm by onciblu »
Ô_ quack

Kametec_Housen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 23, 2018, 07:12:52 am »

I haven't checked up here for some time, but I noticed save from Onciblu. According to the turn list on the first page I am next, but I have my hands full at the moment, so I'd like to let someone else to switch places with me, at least for now. I've contacted Scourge about it.

If I am just mistaken and spreading chaos instead (and again) then I am sorry.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 23, 2018, 12:55:20 pm »

Wait, you are right! I must have mistaken Onciblu for Iduno!
Let's see if we can get scourge to suffer this one!

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 23, 2018, 01:04:44 pm »

I'll take the turn... let's see how well this goes...

onciblu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 24, 2018, 08:30:27 am »

Turn list from page 1:

Stoat tales
Snow dwarf
Iduno
Magistrum
Scottsm
Onciblu
Kametec Housen
Scourage728
Lunardog15
Comicraider

So I unintentionally jumped in front of Iduno. If Iduno can play it would be hist turn now right? Then Mag, then following the turn list.
I could sugest to skip my save but it would only waste everyones time to make me play a turn again soon
Ô_ quack

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 24, 2018, 10:30:01 am »

Especially since I'm already playing the save I got.... don't worry, I only got some of the rest of the military killed, and some threshers and children, and apparently the chief medical dwarf died at some point... don't worry most of us are still alive I think

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 24, 2018, 02:17:36 pm »

I guess we double posting now.

The first thing I noticed was that no one bothered to finish the roof, so I did that

So yeah I noticed this so now we wait until some migrants arrive

I also noticed we aren't training the various captured critters we have, or at least not all of them so I started that, and we now have

he he he

That's not good.

Oh!
Oh.
Oh.
So it hit spring at some point, the elves showed up and I had a bunch of tattered and too large clothes and some gems sent to the depot...
Well that isn't good. I sent the military to stand at what I thought was the only direct entrance from the third caverns into the fort

Whoever made a direct stairway from the third caverns into the living area of the fort, I blame you for this. Luckily it sucked and happened by the hands of mostly children, but also some peasants and threshers and two marksdwarves who decided to be there instead of where I stationed them, of course I think all those dwarves died, but still I killed it with minimal loses besides several military dwarves. I then took care of some justice related things, and then decided to trade with the elves for various things, where I bought all the clothes, cages, food, barrels, two red winged blackbirds, a giant chinchilla, a kea, a kestrel and a male swan ( I really need to get better at taking screenshots of things.) I also found this. Which I bought because why not. Afterwards I got this notification . And at the same time so we have a new chief medical dwarf, two filled squads of soldiers, two mostly filled ones, and I moved the last reservist's and the squad with a normal name's dwarfs in order to fill the squads more. I did find a "Monster Slayer" who I still put into the military because why not. I did assign a cheese maker who had a tiny bit of strand extraction skill somehow to start work on the adamantine, and then some dwarves started tantruming again and this happened but on the interesting side also a bunch of corpses are rotting now so we have miasma in the fort, which is probably not good, and I started a few other projects which if I remember I will post some screenshots of them as close to finished as I get them.

onciblu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 24, 2018, 02:27:34 pm »

If you want a tip, never stop producing and placing coffins
Ô_ quack

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 24, 2018, 06:04:47 pm »

If you want a tip, never stop producing and placing coffins
Oh, that's right... The influenza...

Careful with grouping the reserve dwarves, the reserves only train a season of the year (reserve 1 - 4 ; spring - winter), so you might run a few hands short during construction. All dwarves with quality-less jobs were designated to a reserve, unless I missed something on the way. The garrison squad rotates their soldiers between guarding the towers and training all year long. Check the schedules for details, I guess.

How good of guard does a giant chinchilla make?

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 24, 2018, 07:40:26 pm »

There was like one person in the 4th reserve and no one else, and I put everyone in the migrant wave except for two dwarves into squads, so labor isn't really my focus here, especially with the tantrums, I'm just trying to prevent us from getting brutally murdered by goblins or forgotten beasts that can enter our living area and I can't do much about it because it's a bunch of stairs down into the third cavern level...

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 24, 2018, 08:38:28 pm »

Careful with grouping the reserve dwarves, the reserves only train a season of the year (reserve 1 - 4 ; spring - winter), so you might run a few hands short during construction.

Is there a benefit to doing that instead of a squad of 10 training 2 at a time (or whatever)? I know it says minimum, but I've never seen more than the minimum training.

How good of guard does a giant chinchilla make?

They're as good at spotting as anyone, I guess. Keeps kobolds and werebeasts from being a problem.

I'm just trying to prevent us from getting brutally murdered by goblins or forgotten beasts that can enter our living area and I can't do much about it because it's a bunch of stairs down into the third cavern level...

Can you wall off a section of the caverns near the stairs? I mean, it's better to not need to, but it happens.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 26