Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 26

Author Topic: Simple Fort... Succession game... Resident clowns  (Read 55495 times)

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
Re: Simple Fort... Succession game
« Reply #285 on: September 07, 2018, 11:41:57 pm »

Iirc 50 crocodiles are kind of underwhelming compared to five dwarves with steel axes and ability to wield them; heck if you're quick and lucky you can slaughter embark crocs with copper picks and axes in wagon. One of the most underwhelming things is when they start tapping the targets instead of actually hurting; don't know if these do that, but in that case a drowning goblin can still kill them while standing inside the moat (not helped by pets and dwarves using same pathing map).

This is a shame, though, since dodge-walk over a moat for crocodiles is quite aesthetically pleasing.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 08, 2018, 11:54:47 am »

Ah, Dwarf Fortress... A constant struggle between rule of cool and FPS.
In a time before time, I had a name.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 08, 2018, 02:11:45 pm »

With our luck, I feel like the fortress could grow 50 crocodiles to adult hood before it could get a team of steel axe equipped dwarves that can use them with any kind of skill

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 09, 2018, 02:10:23 pm »

I agree our turnover has been a bit over the average... But sure, I think we can make at least one squad go up to high master.

onciblu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 09, 2018, 07:54:39 pm »

I just want to point out the "NOT" was made after my turn else I would put a private temple in the ''O"
Ô_ quack

Stoat tales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 13, 2018, 03:51:39 pm »

Hello Fam, welcome back to simple fort

Where our fort is a mess and I can't find anything
The worst part about the fortress being in winter is the lack of any and all water supplies, meaning cleaning our many wounded is very difficult, I've started digging out a passage underground to find an spring or a lake, hopefully the fresh water will be worth having naked mole dogs and elk birds running around everywhere, but then again, we already have that.

We're very good at animals, but that doesn't mean we like them, i elected a smelter to be made but a crocodile hatchling walked over it and suspended the job, WHAT AN ASSHOLE! Our guys can't murder them all soon enough.

Dammit kid, not that one, thats the wrong doggo!

We have started to forge more weapons for our wardorfs but the constant cancelations make it increasingly difficult I hope our guys can recover their mental trauma soon. Other then that, our fortress is slowly starting to heal, with a bit of luck and more quiet months we should be able to rise to some of our former glory.

To be continued soon (when I get a spare hour)

Stoat tales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 18, 2018, 06:16:42 pm »

Hi fam, welcome to my last session of this run, mostly because I barely have any time in which to play it and the game is really laggy.

God damn it  >:(

The elves appeared to trade but we have no depot. I've delegated one to be made but it won't be finished in time for the traders. That suites me fine honestly, the elves can't be trusted.

Case in point, how about go screw yourselves you tall hippies!

Eat shit to you too

Meanwhile, we're starting to slaughter these cave crocodiles we have an abundance of, I've kept some for the future but hopefully our lagcrocodile problem should be a lot better soon.
We've also had a lot of mercaneries and dancers travel to our fortress, not many have elected to stay but anyone who can fight or improve our morale is welcome to stay.
Speaking of staying, we lso got some migrants useful ones too! Don't count us out of the game yet fam, we're slowly recovering :)

I've managed to fix the horrible vandalism that occoured in my absense, STOAT IS NOT FOOL indeed :)

And with that fam, i am done for the year. It is almost summer and we should have human traders soon, we're slowly recovering and our food supplies are secure for now as well as our millitary.

Here's the save:
http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14022

Thanks for asking me to play fam, sorry this turn has been short and uneventful i'm just currently in a really shit situation and can't dedicate as much time as i'd like to dorfing, i'll hopefully be much more free in a couple months time.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 18, 2018, 06:38:58 pm »

I've managed to fix the horrible vandalism that occoured in my absense, STOAT IS NOT FOOL indeed :)
I know what I must do.... my next turn obviously

Memphis_Wildcard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 19, 2018, 05:48:39 am »

Total noon here. Started my second fort ever recently. It is about an hour old because I spent almost five hours staring at the screen trying to remember how to play. If we keep rolling this fort, I'd like to be added to the turn list. I will probably the death of the fort, but untrained hands make entertaining exercises they say.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #294 on: September 19, 2018, 04:54:08 pm »

I think you may have accidentally a word there.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Memphis_Wildcard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 19, 2018, 11:48:34 pm »

I think you may have accidentally a word there.

I am not sure what you mean. It is totally noon here. All the time. I am trapped in a perpetual moment frozen in time and tearing through it like a kidney stone.
And also my auto correct is highly aggressive.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 20, 2018, 07:20:11 am »

I'm back! I went through the thread, added people to the OP and realized it's my turn!
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

onciblu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 21, 2018, 12:44:53 pm »

you desacrated my sarcophagus :(
Ô_ quack

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 21, 2018, 07:23:17 pm »

There's lot of desecration going around.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 21, 2018, 08:28:19 pm »

It seems everyone is in high spirits!
Anything major yet Snow Dwarf?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 26