Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 26

Author Topic: Simple Fort... Succession game... Resident clowns  (Read 55512 times)

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
Re: Simple Fort... Succession game
« Reply #330 on: October 06, 2018, 07:11:32 pm »

Some Forgotten Beast is roaming the caverns, but it has a exoskeleton and I don't think our mad troupe could pull it's act together to fight it (or  anything else), so I'll keep the caves sealed.

Great news everyone, migrants did come!
Spoiler: Announcement (click to show/hide)
I can't say they are wrong.

Nah, getting rid of that many bodies with maybe 1 functional dwarf seems terrible to me.
Haha, joke is on you Iduno, there were 0 until these guys arrived!

Among the arrivals there is Èzum Abalkel, a man dwarf who "Believes it is important to conceal emotions and never complain."
Nice. You are the corpse hauler. Never tell anyone of what you are about to see and do Èzum, never tell anyone.
Somebody should help him out but I still haven't check everyone's preferences.

We have a three levels deep 1x1 holes by the Stoat's Foolishness Monument level, to the left of the smaller hall. It is our mass grave. Remember to atom smash that sometime in the future.

I'll try to keep the ones who just arrived sane, but there is little that can be done to save the others.

Also, the queen is going to be very angry by now. I focused on cleaning up the fortress, and never got her a room made. There was one carved, but it's slightly demon-infested now.
You were right. She just left the hospital four days ago, and all she does is punch the elven bards. She literally had "Attend Meeting" as job, walks up to a table in the hall, then kicks the snot out of the dude waiting for her. Beautiful.
In a time before time, I had a name.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: October 09, 2018, 12:15:13 pm »

I'll try to keep the ones who just arrived sane, but there is little that can be done to save the others.

Unless you shrug, seal off the areas with bodies, and let them rot, there isn't much to be done to prevent them from seeing bodies. I mean, nobody cares that there's a bunch of dead bodies in your basement, as long as you didn't know them or put them there. Uh...for the dwarves.

You were right. She just left the hospital four days ago, and all she does is punch the elven bards. She literally had "Attend Meeting" as job, walks up to a table in the hall, then kicks the snot out of the dude waiting for her. Beautiful.

That is a reasonable response to people making you attend meetings.

Does DF have a choice for "you're a loose cannon, turn in you badge crown"?

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: October 09, 2018, 09:35:16 pm »

Well, truly insane nobles can't give mandates, so there's that.

I wonder if you accepted or rejected that petition after that. Either way, amusing.

Neat that the fortress ...hangs on to life, despite the fun wandering the halls.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: October 10, 2018, 11:46:57 am »

Accepted of course. He took it like a champ.

Unless you shrug, seal off the areas with bodies, and let them rot, there isn't much to be done to prevent them from seeing bodies.
You know what, you are right. Everyone will be hauling bodies. If the former residents held on till the following wave then this wave should survive until the next.

Well, one already sunk into deppression, she feels Horrified when seeing bodies instead of the usual uneasy.

Does DF have a choice for "you're a loose cannon, turn in you badge crown"?
I think someone let a few levers without notes, and I have still not tested them... I'll check once I get home.

News!

We got a strange mood! From an armorer! She gathered some adamantine!
Spoiler: Artifact! (click to show/hide)

We keep far too many animals tough... I think they are sending me a message...
Spoiler: Pasture (click to show/hide)

But the cleaning efforts are going through! There is only four stocks pages of bodies to dump now!

Oh, by the way, that demon we had chilling by the graves, yeah, it has kind of healed or something and is now killing some random poet by the Stoat's Foolishness Monument level jail. Ops.

ReEdit: It killed the armorer too.

'noder 'dit: The mason too. And then it went back to were it was and is chilling.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 08:46:19 pm by Magistrum »

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 10, 2018, 10:37:29 pm »

...Free-range demons?

*looks to the OP*

Just play as you would a normal fort.

Okay then. Teaches me to make assumptions about semi-functional forts with clown car wandering the halls.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 11, 2018, 09:48:47 am »

Oh, by the way, that demon we had chilling by the graves, yeah, it has kind of healed or something and is now killing some random poet by the Stoat's Foolishness Monument level jail. Ops.

ReEdit: It killed the armorer too.

'noder 'dit: The mason too. And then it went back to were it was and is chilling.

Hey Stoat, your monument is in danger of being crushed by a dwarf clown.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 18, 2018, 08:19:49 am »

Magistrum, you there? I want to hear what finally causes our strength to be broken.

If not, should I create a new embark? Maybe with fewer animals so we aren't fighting lag so hard (lag is the game punishing us for not keeping it simple enough).

Edit: I wouldn't create one until tomorrow around this time, and not unless I'm told to do so, so people got some time.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 08:22:28 am by Iduno »

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 26, 2018, 10:19:41 pm »

I'm Alive!
Work got the better of me and I just couldn't play for very long.
I also came down with pneumonia. I am mostly better.
That made me schedule a proper doctor visit.
Then I discovered I have a mild tumor growing on my forehead.
Guess I should have noticed that back when my friends kept me asking if I had hit my head.
But now I am (mostly) on my usual schedule, so on with Simple Fort!

The plan is simple. Savotral, our lovely being of the underworld and resident corpse retriever, is quite busy destroying coffers. Very busy. In fact, he spends about two weeks in the exact same spot punching a coffer at a time. Then he moves one step to destroy the next. Unless there is another in range, which makes being sedentary so much more of a problem for him.

But it is very convenient. Our four surviving psychopaths have little chance of hurting the thing in combat. But since he spends so much time standing in place, we can just drop a piece of rock on his head. Very technical, very precise, as you can see in the, modesty apart, masterfully designed ☼Plan☼.

Spoiler: ☼PLAN☼ (click to show/hide)

Without ever getting line of sight, clear level under, channel surroundings on upper level, upper floor hits lower floor, collapses it, hits lowerer floor, boom! Demon sandwich.

How hard could it be?

Some idiot bard thought it was a bright idea to go near the demon, and probably took the time to call it's mom ugly too... Better yet, instead of dying fighting nobly and pointlessly, he then ran around with the beast on his tail, brought it to the main hall and then died.

Savotral, Serpent Brute and very emotional livestock, proceeded to kill some guys and roam around, killing more guys.
Result: Every sane man has died.
However!
There are still a number of visitors and someone we chained up in the surface. Which means our strength isn't broken. It is, in fact, stronger! Because demons and whatnot. If I could only point them towards something.

He them decided he liked his previous position as grave digger and went back to destroying bauxite coffers after breaking a few doors and skulls.
Spoiler: He is taunting me. (click to show/hide)

I hope there is a migrant wave eventually. I will update more frequently now.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 27, 2018, 06:41:25 am »

Huh, that's quite the personal scare.

And I continue to be amused by the shenanigans of the free-range demons. Pfft!

Shame about losing all workers, though. Hope the ghosts don't come out to murder too soon.

Ps: if ending with a channel, it might be better to channel last thing diagonally so that the miner doesn't get knocked out by dust.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 28, 2018, 08:00:22 pm »

There are still a number of visitors and someone we chained up in the surface. Which means our strength isn't broken. It is, in fact, stronger! Because demons and whatnot. If I could only point them towards something.

Take care of yourself, man.

Also, I think it's a dog tied up outside? It might have gotten named if it killed a goblin or something. Or we may have just decided to tie up a dwarf.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
Re: Simple Fort... Succession game... Resident clowns
« Reply #340 on: October 28, 2018, 09:13:40 pm »

Take care of yourself, man.

Also, I think it's a dog tied up outside? It might have gotten named if it killed a goblin or something. Or we may have just decided to tie up a dwarf.
Doc said it's harmless, since it grows so slowly. Because I live in Brazil I will have the surgery done for free, but my case is very safe so I will be on a line for about a year and half till they get to me, unless it becomes dangerous.

It was two prisoners, Dumat Kelvúsh, now dead because there was no one to feed him, and a very thin 'Red Velvet', Stonecrafter.

Ten new migrants have come!
Savotral must have heard them, because he immediately went up to the kitchen and killed four of them, then got bored and went back to kicking headstones.

The plan also failed. The new migrants didn't include a single miner, so they took too long to carve the cave-in floor. By the time they were done, so was Savotral, and he moved to destroy another row of slabs.

Spoiler: But the plan worked! (click to show/hide)
We dug again a bit more to the left. Can't believe it worked either. I'll make some real nice biscuits out of this sucker.

They were only able to do it because of all the murderous ghosts rooting for them!

Ps: if ending with a channel, it might be better to channel last thing diagonally so that the miner doesn't get knocked out by dust.
Thanks for the tip, I went ahead and ignored it because of panic mining, but I will do it right the next time.

The demons had already began repopulating though, so there's that.
Spoiler: Love (click to show/hide)

We have no mayor, so I can't appoint anyone to anything, nor can I check workshop profiles, since no manager... I'll have to find out why no one picked up a single "make slab" job for three days already.

Luckly, our record keeper was so amazing that he could see our records in the future, so I still have full access to the z screen items even tough no bookkeeper.
That, or that is his ghost roaming around the office making sure everything is neat. Thought it was just a rando.

Now that I got rid of Savotral, we are all set!

Except for all the bodies.
And all the murderous ghosts.
And the psychotic dwarves.
And the lack of nobles.
And you know what, I kinda like it without nobles.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: October 28, 2018, 09:24:07 pm »

How nice of Savotral to spare most of the migration wave.

Alas, you kill one demon and two more pop up. Are they free-range too? And did the bodyslammers get back up?

I feel the rising murderous ghosts might be more dangerous than the literal demons from hell freely walking the halls unopposed. Then again, they've yet to kill anyone, unlike demons from hell. Perhaps I'm a bit unfair in calling the honoured dwarves who gave their lives in defence of incursion from under the adamantine a greater threat than ampersands.

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: October 29, 2018, 09:59:41 am »

Because I live in Brazil

Damm Brazilians, I keep finding you guys everywhere, never thought DF would be so famous in our country like that...
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.
Hey, don't be like that. Your life never had any meaning in the first place!

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: October 29, 2018, 01:15:09 pm »

Alas, you kill one demon and two more pop up. Are they free-range too? And did the bodyslammers get back up?
Oh, they are fiiiiine. They were just so sightly to the right, so they body-slam the cavern floor instead. It needed a beating anyway.
Stodir hurt his hand, but it was only a bruise. He was knocked out by the dust, but his body-slam buddy Èzum stuck the landing and quickly carried him away from the dust.

Then again, they've yet to kill anyone, unlike demons from hell. Perhaps I'm a bit unfair in calling the honoured dwarves who gave their lives in defence of incursion from under the adamantine a greater threat than ampersands.

Oh, they did kill some guys. I wasn't calling them murderous without proof, what do you take me for‽
It's just that they like to attack visitors more than citizens. So antisocial.

Damm Brazilians, I keep finding you guys everywhere, never thought DF would be so famous in our country like that...
We lack good internal outlets for our madness, so we export it.
Have you bought your Taurus stock shares already? ;P

Edit:
Spoiler: This ain't good. (click to show/hide)

Reddit:
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 02:18:10 pm by Magistrum »

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: October 29, 2018, 02:31:05 pm »

We lack good internal outlets for our madness, so we export it.

This pretty much translates exactly, what being a Brazilian means.

Have you bought your Taurus stock shares already? ;P

I've been waiting for this moment my whole life...
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.
Hey, don't be like that. Your life never had any meaning in the first place!
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 26