Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 26

Author Topic: Simple Fort... Succession game... Resident clowns  (Read 55517 times)

Kametec_Housen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Simple Fort... Succession game
« Reply #60 on: April 11, 2018, 02:09:55 pm »

I wouldn't look too much into logged forum activity though. I've been a long time lurker before registering and even then I spent most of the time reading when logged out. I log in only when I want to post. But having a waiting limit before skipping someone is definitely a useful rule to have. For anyone, not just lunatics.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2018, 09:30:22 pm »

If they don't speak up in 24 hours, then move them down a spot? If not by their next turn, off the list? I can see people only checking in on the weekend when normal people play (so it doesn't take 2 days), but it's Friday now.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2018, 10:37:04 pm »

Well, I'll steal his turn monday, hope he comes get it soon.

Is that good, snow dwarf?
In a time before time, I had a name.

Kametec_Housen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 14, 2018, 06:27:21 am »

I agree. If he doesn't let know that he starts his turn by Monday, go ahead. And if he doesn't take his next turn either, then remove him from the list. I believe there is option to be added again, but it is so we don't have to wait every single time, unless he shows some activity.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2018, 01:29:02 am »

Go ahead
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Xenir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2018, 02:37:49 am »

Dorf me as a miner pls
ptw
Quote from: GoombaGeek
That sounds gay. It's not. It's fucking terrifying.
Quote from: GoombaGeek
Olin isn't fucking around this time. He knows it'll take more punishment than a BDSM expo in a tornado made out of serrated blades. So he hits it until the head is mush. Then he hits the body until it's got a soupy texture too. When he's done, it doesn't look like a cat. It looks like a fucking meat puddle.

Kametec_Housen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2018, 03:43:01 am »

Bumping for Magistrum's attention.
Guys, I don't mind waiting as long as you leave a short message like: "I'll download the save on Wednesday." or "I'll get to it later this week, I'll let you know when." or something like that. (Please note that writing reason is not necessary at all.)

I've seen threads where people have a week to deal with their turn. Because we have no such rules or limits, I'd be very grateful for any updates, no matter how insignificant.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 17, 2018, 06:17:57 am »

Consider me bumped.

Downloading after work today, wish me luck.

Quixotic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 17, 2018, 05:20:35 pm »

Too late to add me to the list?

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 17, 2018, 10:30:44 pm »

The following is a lot of text, I hope to have written in someway to help you not die of boredom mid read.

"The overseer works in mysterious ways... I have been so occupied training with my squad that I can't even cook anymore. But Aunt Mestthos is so irritating, just because she is the militia commander doesn't mean she is always right!
So much is happening, even my husband Kadôl has signed up for the reserves!Maybe he was inspired by my example...
The mayor was frantically running around, the overseer must be mad at something... I got to look at the papers at least."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Trenches of Mining have kept their training regimen... Should I move them to the reserves or make them into an official squad already?

I have played two days. What does the lever south of the gate do?

Kametec_Housen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2018, 04:01:14 am »

Spoiler: Entrance (click to show/hide)

If you mean this baby lever then it raises the bridge on the left side. Also, check the [N]otes. It is good practice to describe what a lever does there. Or do it the dwarven way and pull it to see what happens.  :)

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2018, 10:40:18 am »

I have trauma from pulling unknown levers already, thanks.
I meant another one, I'm guessing it has to do with the murky pool there, but I will check later.

Edit: Oh nice, military is moving, we already got skilled... Wrestlers? We have already ordered some iron weapons for now, hope the new smelters result in nice steel production.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 07:11:51 pm by Magistrum »

onciblu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 18, 2018, 08:27:49 pm »

I have trauma from pulling unknown levers already, thanks.
I meant another one, I'm guessing it has to do with the murky pool there, but I will check later.

that give me ideias
Ô_ quack

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2018, 09:13:38 pm »

Ima: We are enchanted by your more ethical works.
We've come to trade.

So the elves arrived 15th of granite, and it proved to be great waste of everyone's time, since the best they had for me was a cougar, that must be the only big feline I can't war train, so all the hauling was for nothing. I wish better luck for whoever is next spring.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2018, 07:59:31 pm »

It's already mid Slate!

"The overseer has mandated a glass raising bridge... I'm sure he knows what he is doing. Its lever has notes and is color coded to match it, however, the other is much different, it... The microline lever taunts me... What could happen if I pulled it? Does it contain the secrets of life and death?"

We got a strange mood!
Only a mason tough.

I fixed some work orders, the cancellation spam was driving me crazy. Now it checks for materials before annoying us. Removed the fine meal work order, we already have far too much food and focusing on bigger meals is better for the stockpiles.

Migration wave! Twenty laborers have joined us!
We got a siege engineer, and no medics at all. Enjoy our lack of soap!

Some people with... Special skills have arrived, and are happy to present themselves for meatshield reservist duty.

Let's hope one of the hunters make up for their uselessness before Rovod Thakshem goes bonkers, he really wants some bones. Worst case scenario we won't have water buffalo milk anymore.

Edit: Some goose got the short end of the stick and is now immortalized...
as an artifact millstone. At least an reservist will be able to do a bit more.

Reedit: We hit the caverns! Soon the livestock will be moved inside.
I'll be rejecting the flood of death-seekers monsters hunters for now.
Maybe set up a tavern later.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 09:39:38 am by Magistrum »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 26