Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26

Author Topic: Simple Fort... Succession game... Resident clowns  (Read 54685 times)

scottsm

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Simple Fort... Succession game
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2018, 09:39:15 pm »

Count Me In!

onciblu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2018, 06:35:30 pm »

Sign me up please,i love this concept of not having a concept
Ô_ quack

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2018, 04:00:12 am »

Journal of Snow
Early Spring 550
Indigomine that's the name of this outpost... Good that we brought some wood along with us, but I probably should start diggin before something kills us.

I didn't play anything but I generated a medium sized 550 year old world and found a fun place. I'm going to PM Stoat Tales and gonna move my turn to after him.
Two tips I have are don't waste wood and get inside fast.

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13639
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2018, 08:04:01 am »

Sorry for double post, but I decided to read the original simple fort and I just noticed that it started exactly a year ago...
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2018, 02:36:22 pm »

It is just a coincidence that you posted on April 1st, right?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Stoat tales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2018, 03:34:22 pm »

Hello Friends and not Friends
Welcome to the brand new amazing simple fort! It's so cool, we're sitting here quietly waiting to start our new life

It's awesome, we've got our friends snow, Iduno and mugmaker, we have sand, lots and lots of sand and we also...

oh

GET UNDERGROUND!!!!

So we've gotten underground, i've taken an inventory of what we have and to address the undead elephant, we have a lot of wood. like, 60 something logs, as well as the surface trees we have here, we won't be running out for a while. We also have some sweet natural resources, like lemonite, copper, gelena, bitumous coal etc. It almost makes life in a zombie desert worth it.

For now, just to stop us from going to the surface as more then we need to, i've stockpiled all our stuff underground. If anyone feels the need to re-organise it, please do because it's a massive eyesore.

And here's our second floor:

I also planted some crops with the seemingly hundreds of seeds we had, those should hopefully be a better food source then the potentially zombie animals. We also found some lignite underground, so we can save logs on charcoal.

We got several migrants too, mostly some worthless plebs and most of them married, expect some dwarf babies later down the line, if we survive that long.

For now, i'll leave this report here, i'll finish off the year tomorrow

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2018, 04:10:21 pm »

Should we do that "peasant" custom profession where they do all jobs that don't have quality?
In a time before time, I had a name.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2018, 02:03:36 pm »

Are we going to have holes in the ceiling from trees growing and being cut? I know I always "enjoy" wanting to start a few levels down to avoid that, and only being able to find soil on the layer below the trees. Worse, it's a pain to figure out which things are ground and which are holes. Until your only choice for your indoor farms is strawberries or whatever.

Also, do we have enough slabs that the people with useless jobs (fisherdwarves, etc.) can assist the miners by mapping out the lava sea?

Stoat tales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2018, 03:03:18 pm »

Hi fam, sorry, i won't be able to finish the fortress today, i'll have to finish it off tomorrow

Stoat tales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2018, 07:55:19 pm »

Never mind fam, found the time

Welcome back to simple fort, year 550 where somehow, nobody has died yet!
Due to concerns about our food, we butchered a horse, but don't worry, skin and hair are easy to kill now, so we're fine and we can feast on tasty horse meat (ew)
Using the huge amount of coke we have from our coal hole, I've decided to for-go making iron weapons and just head straight to steel, maybe they'll defend us better, we even have some silver for maces so we can use that too.
when the merchants arrived, i ordered the general basics as to what we would need in the future, food, booze, seeds, cloth, leather etc. Didn't bother asking for animals because we have little use for them and no point asking for metal because, well, we have shit tons of the stuff.
We bought a lot of food and stuff from the merchants, i traded some beautiful gem encrusted golden crafts for it, maybe i shouldn't have done that but whats some gold crowns next to a slice of pig cheese right :)
In case anyone in particular is worried about our wood supplies, don't:

We also had an artefact made, by our leader Snowdwarf too!

I don't know if we'll get much use out of it, but hey, it looks nice

The year however was not without loss, a fisherdwarf was murdered by a zombie ibex outside during a drawbridge opening incident (we have them now, there's a switch in the tavern that controls both doors so we can leave and enter from both. We avenged her but unfortunately, it was too late....

After decking out the hospital, a graveyard, a small military (Fully armoured and equipped but untrained) and some last minute preparations, we're done for the year. Overall, we have a decent foothold in the map now, just be very careful when opening the front doors, Giant Zombie Eagles are just around the corner.

Thanks for putting up with my first succession fort guys :)

Save:
http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13645

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2018, 11:26:03 pm »

No way! Giant zombie eagls! So cool man. Gonna grab the save.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2018, 09:25:23 pm »

Well, I had to make the hard decision of abandoning the fort. We were down to only 4 dwarfs who were (quite good) soldiers with no other skills. Everything Else was dead or undead. Basically I opened up the caverns and believe me... Undead Trolls are dangerous. The troll killed half of the fort which basically killed the other half and soon enough everyone other than the soldiers were dead. A migrant wave came, but they also got murdered. Man evil biomes are hard.
Are you guys still interested in another fort?
Edit: I wanted to see what Legends mode has to say about the fort and it turns out that the 4 soldiers formed their own government after I abandoned the fort. Interesting.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 09:31:31 pm by snow dwarf »

Stoat tales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2018, 02:45:44 am »

If you could settle it in a place that isn't an undead desert, that might be better
I tried so hard to make that year work :'(

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2018, 06:01:36 am »

I am mostly relieved that it wasn't me who went down in flames.

Sure thing, let's get ourselves a nice wild marsh maybe, something nice now and then isn't bad.
In a time before time, I had a name.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2018, 03:27:41 pm »

Yeah, having some reanimating biome on the map is...interesting. Having 100% reanimating means everything will come back if you don't have a way of permanently disposing of it, so you're in constant battles.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26