Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26

Author Topic: Simple Fort... Succession game... Resident clowns  (Read 54703 times)

Stoat tales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Simple Fort... Succession game
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2018, 10:55:18 am »

Meh, whatever, we carry on, that's the dwarvern way!

Is snow dwarf going to generate the new world or is it the next person in line?

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2018, 06:22:13 pm »

If the fort failed, it was less than 1 year. I'd say whoever broke it creates the next location.

Kametec_Housen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2018, 03:05:36 pm »

Hi guys, are you still accepting registrations?
I'd like to join in, a simple fort seems like a nice place to step into succession games.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2018, 05:10:02 pm »

Snow dwarf is going to embark on a new land.
The fort actually lasted almost two years.
You've been added.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Kametec_Housen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2018, 05:37:09 pm »

Thanks!
How long each turn is? A dwarven year?

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2018, 03:55:08 am »

Thanks!
How long each turn is? A dwarven year?
A dwarven year
Here you go lad: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13661
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2018, 06:38:23 am »

Whose turn is it?
Iduno?
In a time before time, I had a name.

Kametec_Housen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2018, 09:09:39 am »

I have no idea. But the save was posted in a reply to my post and addressed to a 'lad', which could be anyone. So I (mis?)understood it was meant for me, downloaded it and prepared a save to pass.
If the turn belongs to someone else, it doesn't matter. The embark is nice enough for me to keep a private copy.  ;)

EDIT: Now that I think about it it really isn't clear that the save was meant to me. I'll share the save if/when it gets clear I didn't skip anyone.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 09:33:29 am by Kametec_Housen »

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2018, 09:32:52 am »

:P
 Go ahead, tame the land for us in advance and give it to snow dwarf, then.

He will figure it out later, I'm sure.
In a time before time, I had a name.

Kametec_Housen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2018, 11:02:36 am »

Okay, in that case, I've struck the earth:

EDIT: embark description
Embark seems to be a red, untamed desert. There are camels, giant crows and highwoods around. There are some murky pools which freeze in late autumn. It's also beautiful underground, with ores of iron, gold, copper, lead, silver, tin and whatnot. There is chalk, some magma safe stones and bituminous coal. I'm used to embark in spring, but winter welcomed me moments into the game.
/edit

I've dug essentials: farming area set to produce food & booze, dormitory, stoneworking area, woodworking area and metalworking area.

I used work orders to automate food and booze production. Conditions should keep cancellation spam minimal, but they don't eliminate it. One of the migrants came equipped as a hunter, so I placed work orders to keep some copper bolts around. Giant crows have a lot of meat, you see.  :) There is also a bonecarver's shop in the farming area set up to keep using any bones. It produces baubles to be traded for whatever.

Wood and stone working areas are pretty straightforward. Metalworking area is ready to smelt steel, but I haven't made any yet, so there is no steel stockpile so far.

Defense is realized by a raising bridge to keep the baddies outside, if you get dwarfs inside fast enough.

As I started with 7 dwarfs, I had to enable whole lots of labors on them, only few are specialized so far. Two legendary dwarfs came in the last migration wave, a bowyer and a armorsmith. So you can go ahead and make steel clad militia using only masterworks.  ;) Dwarfs would also appreciate separate rooms, I guess. I also just slapped Trade depot outside without any thought. Feel free to tear it down and house it somewhere appropriate. I kept option to place it deep inside of the fort open by using large spiraling rampway instead of a stairway.

A few pictures:
Spoiler: Entrance (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Farm Lands (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Workshops (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Metalworks (click to show/hide)

And here is the save itself:
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 11:53:23 am by Kametec_Housen »

Stoat tales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2018, 12:24:05 pm »

What is this? A simple fort that's actually going well? What kind of sorcery is this?!

Kametec_Housen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2018, 12:58:25 pm »

Well, there was this wrestle with giant jaguar, but it was a pushover. It overexerted itself, collapsed and dwarfs got bored and left. Without any notable injuries on either side.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2018, 04:18:24 pm »

Impressive. I'm less than 12 hours late, and someone already managed a turn. No waiting on my end, so no complaints here. I'll try to get it turned back around quickly.

Here's my start:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Events, and whatever else I typed while playing:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I have more to come, but I need sleep. Hopefully, I'll figure out how to attach images (I probably need to upload them somewhere when I'm awake).
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 10:18:37 pm by Iduno »

Kametec_Housen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2018, 07:51:47 pm »

What's a dwarfing?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26