Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 26

Author Topic: Simple Fort... Succession game... Resident clowns  (Read 54581 times)

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
Re: Simple Fort... Succession game
« Reply #165 on: June 05, 2018, 07:39:17 pm »

Yay! Depression Fortress!
In a time before time, I had a name.

Caesar Josephus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 05, 2018, 08:32:05 pm »

"What could possibly go wrong?" - Quill18

I would be careful... Kamatec may seem jovial, but he secretly leads an endless legion of Lawyers.

Caesar Josephus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 05, 2018, 08:45:31 pm »

I would like a turn. I need to install dwarf therapist separately anyway. So no LNP

I would be careful... Kamatec may seem jovial, but he secretly leads an endless legion of Lawyers.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 06, 2018, 06:15:01 am »

*grumbles angrily about dwarves putting the wrong things in barrels

Caesar Josephus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 07, 2018, 11:04:43 am »

whens the next update? I cant wait!

Stoat tales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 08, 2018, 05:44:11 am »

whens the next update? I cant wait!
Sorry for slow updates, been busy with work, next update is coming soon

Stoat tales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 10, 2018, 12:52:59 pm »

WELCOME BACK TO SIMPLE FOOOOOOOOOOORT!!!!!!!!
I'm very depressed :(

I've just noticed we captured some elk birds deep underground. I've decided to take it upon myself to train them and have some tasty elk bird omlettes for our dwarves. Hopefully it can convince our population to stop being so sad.
A few mecenaries have joined our fortress to make up our population after loosing several in bar fight related incidents. This is good and all, but our biggest problem besides our temper tantrums is this:

We are running very low on drinks. The problem isn't finding veggies to make the booze with, it's that we have a drought on barrels and pots. I've set our non depressed dwarves to start mass producing rock pots but a lack of booze will capsize this very fragile ship we are sailing on.

This artifact was made, not too shabby. Although we do have nicer stone to make a ring out of then microline...

Time to keep myself busy:

And maybe just a little something for myself:

Unfortunatly, while all this was going on, ur militia leader Kivish went on a murdering spree, killing 6 dwarves including our cyclops slayer:

This is not good.....
As autumn ends in bloodshead, the cold winds of winter arrive and the snow will be soaked with dwarvern blood....

To be continued

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 10, 2018, 01:22:38 pm »

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name...

This is perfect!
In a time before time, I had a name.

Caesar Josephus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 13, 2018, 12:15:26 pm »

What even started the tantrum spiral? Eh, doesn't matter because the dwarfs are obeying (more or less).

Stoat tales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 13, 2018, 01:07:49 pm »

Final part coming tomorrow, sorry for the lateness

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 13, 2018, 03:39:32 pm »

We also have several thousand unclaimed puppies running around, we are literally drowning in puppies. This is another issue i can fix easily, I call it "HAPPY PUPPY SLAUGHTER DAY" which should fix everything :)

It umm... didn't...
A wrestler called "puppysl4yer9000" went a bit too far with the puppy killing and accidently killed Iduno. We all agree it was an accident though :/

I guess cyclops slayer is now dwarf slayer too :(

It was inevitable.

Stoat tales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 14, 2018, 12:24:52 pm »

Welcome dwarves and dwarvettes for the final chapter in this years simple fort!

Things have really gone to the shitter here, I am currently writing this journal from inside the hospital where, as you can see, thing's aren't going much better.

whilst our drinking situation has been mostly fixed, we have a lot of injured dwarves and regular fights have killed and hurt many dwarves, including our beloved Magistrum. Coffins are being prepared but with the corpses of the dead lying, rotting on the floor, even more of our people are going insane. I don't see an end to this...

The most recent hoodlum is a certain dwarf named "cheese", who we've incinerated incarcerated for killing a rooster and another dwarf who literally killed someone with a single punch

In order to combat
this problem we have with crime, I've elevated a hauler to be our captain of the guard, equipping him with some iron gauntlets to smash the teeth of anyone who breaks our sacred dwarvern law. His name, obviously is "Daredevil". And it was going great until:

We are so screwed...
Puppysl4yer9000 has been dragged in as a replacement law enforcer, knowing full well she was the one who killed iduno, but she's the only one I trust to defend herself again our rogue militia. Now she's been stricken with melancholy...

Oh god no... everything is lost...

*Stoat has been stricken with Melancholy*

Ok fam, we have 2 options regarding this fort. The year is almost up but it is almost unplayable and the tantrum spirals are stopping pretty much anything else. It's just a matter of time until the fort dies and it's not as exciting as it sounds.so here are our options:

1) someone else takes the fort and attempts to pull it back together, i don't think it's possible but they're free to try. If the lack of any and all progress won't get on your nerves, the lag will.

2) We re-start the fortress, i think is the best option simply because it will be playable.

I'll leave you lot to vote on the next course of action, i'll upload the save when everyone comes to an answer. Until then, Peace out dwarflings, i'm going deep deep down to dwarf heaven.

Oh yeah, and we did eventually finish this:

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 14, 2018, 01:24:38 pm »

If we do partially restart, may I recommend going back to the last 44.09 save?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

onciblu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 14, 2018, 01:33:12 pm »

I think 44.10 will be easier if we restart. When we switched to 44.10 from 44.10 practically all our dwarves were already been seeing piles of bodies. If we restart, I vote to keep on 44.10 because we will start with the dwarfs sanity on mind.

How many sane dwarfs do we have to? Could we purge the mentally ill ones?
Ô_ quack
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 26