Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 26

Author Topic: Simple Fort... Succession game... Resident clowns  (Read 54705 times)

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
Re: Simple Fort... Succession game
« Reply #180 on: June 15, 2018, 07:38:27 am »

44.10 Is the one which reintroduced the tantrum spirals, if we want to avoid trouble we should play 44.09, and if we are going to suffer, let's go all the way down the drain with our current fortress.

The next overseer would be our founder snowdwarf. Let's see if he wants to give it a try.
In a time before time, I had a name.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 15, 2018, 01:32:26 pm »

Wait, it rolls over back to the start of the list? I'm okay with that if it happens, but I should probably ask.

I ended up learning how 'N'otes works, how work orders...work, and remembered jails are a thing thanks to this game. So thank you. Maybe next I can learn how tavernkeepers and entertainers work (joking).

Also, I just read this fun tidbit: "Buffing evil areas in worldgen usually creates goblin-infested worlds."

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 15, 2018, 09:10:31 pm »

Wait, it rolls over back to the start of the list? I'm okay with that if it happens, but I should probably ask.
((I just said the first thing that made sense, no idea what we do. Just set it on fire after we run out of overseers?))

I am worried by what you define as a "funtidbit". Don't give snowdwarf ideas, he is evil enough.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 19, 2018, 10:56:27 am »

((I just said the first thing that made sense, no idea what we do. Just set it on fire after we run out of overseers?))

I am worried by what you define as a "funtidbit". Don't give snowdwarf ideas, he is evil enough.

1) Magma is dwarfier than fire.
2) I keep running out of goblins after a few years. Do they breed so their numbers increase at some point?
3) Maybe it balances out because I turn off werecreatures (set them to zero types in the world gen options). They're massively difficult early game when you don't need the added difficulty (you need to have full armor, or a large number of wardogs, or a good early-warning system, and even with one of those will probably get an infection), and too easy later on when you do. Goblins at least have weapons, sometimes iron.

absimiliard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 19, 2018, 02:06:22 pm »

Not sure if I run the right version, but these succession stories are sounding pretty fun.

If Simple Fort restarts I'd like to try a turn.  (though I'll probably be dull as dirt and just finish everyone's projects and re-factor production orders)

Stoat tales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 20, 2018, 04:13:01 am »

I'll post the fort sometime today

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 20, 2018, 11:11:45 am »

Huzzah! More updates! I can't remember, have I asked to be dorfed?
DF Veterans- n. - One who has lost one or more forts due to a stupid oversight.

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow
Just never forget,/That Bloodyhells is always a threat.

Lunardog15

• Bay Watcher
  • I bring hell (aka eternal PUNishment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 21, 2018, 02:04:07 pm »

I can not play so I should not be on the turn list?
everything is fine
 everything is on fire
I see no difference between these two phrases.
only at modded hell does this make sense

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 21, 2018, 03:28:28 pm »

Toady mentioned he planned to release 40.11 with fixes to the stress system (minor stuff has a more minor effect; a single tooth won't cause a depression spiral). Graphics packs won't be updated by tomorrow, but it looks like we've all been playing without them. Opinions?

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 21, 2018, 04:04:51 pm »

I say update.

Stoat tales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 21, 2018, 04:18:37 pm »

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13835

Sorry for delay fam, here's the save

onciblu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 21, 2018, 07:26:28 pm »

Update
Ô_ quack

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 23, 2018, 08:12:55 am »

Hey, guys I'm kind of back. I'm really sorry though. I won't be able to play. I'm getting ready for a big trip next week. If there is something I should update in the OP I would be very greatful.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 23, 2018, 05:35:03 pm »

Alright, alright, since 44.11 is here we have a chance of coming back from the depressfest, let's annoy Onciblu, since it's his turn after Snow Dwarf.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 26