Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Finding items in a stockpile  (Read 1087 times)

cythev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Finding items in a stockpile
« on: March 11, 2018, 09:45:08 am »

Hi,

Is there any way to easily search for an item i a stockpile (in the "trade room" of a fotress for example) without the need to look at stack on every tile seperately?
I'm searching for high-boots or any steel-equiptment, for example.

Also: Is it normal, that some kinds of things are super rare in some games? I found only ONE pair of high-boots in my current game (after visiting 5 fortresses or so) and they are pretty worn already... only low boots are spammed all over the place

thanks,
cythev

Valtam

• Bay Watcher
  • [VALUE:LEISURE_TIME:50]
    • View Profile
Re: Finding items in a stockpile
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2018, 09:58:15 pm »

Those stockpiles and loot crates are randomly spawned, and the material stuff is made heavily depends on mineral occurence in a given world.
Worst case scenario, you can always create a blacksmith fortress of sorts with neatly arranged armors and accessories.
my first quest was to seige a nemacrcors tower i killed 3 nemacrcors the got killed by a zombie fly.
How on earth did you manage to do that twice?

cythev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 03:06:10 pm »

and is there a way to search for any specific item(type) in them without looking at every single piece seperately?

Kars

• Bay Watcher
  • registered flex offender
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2018, 07:40:42 pm »

Since you're looking for steel, you can generally take a look at the color of the item on the tile and that'll tell you if there's steel in there, as it seems the thing with the highest value shows up as the "top" item, or what is displayed on the screen if you will. Not always the case but this is almost always what I have seen. Other than that, l (that's L, lower case) can show you the top five, but trying to scroll down doesn't work for me, just moves the camera. So if you wanna be SUPER thorough, no. You just have to do it the hard way and check each tile with the pick up command.
🇮🇹 dall'italia con amore🇮🇹

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2018, 11:51:15 am »

Other than that, l (that's L, lower case) can show you the top five, but trying to scroll down doesn't work for me, just moves the camera.
It should be one of the other menu navigation keys, like with trade screen.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?