Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: WinCon - A Simulation And Strategy Focused RPG System  (Read 1064 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
WinCon - A Simulation And Strategy Focused RPG System
« on: March 11, 2018, 10:41:30 pm »

First off, before anyone else says it, yes, I think this will end in tears.

Secondly, I'm building this system with the idea of players cooperating with the GM in mind, while the system should ideally be robust enough to resist gaming the system, or even encourage players to game the system, so that when players break it spectacularly, it's awesome rather than annoying.

Third, the system should be used with extra rules modules, so it can be specific and mechanic, but also able to be general when needed. It should both be possible to use the system for a choice-based political grand strategy as well as the things you would use D20 for.

Fourth, the main substance, the main currency of the system, is Prep. You're sacrificing short-term benefits for long-term, and ignoring supplementary RNG rulings, the idea is both sides are playing a kind of chicken game where they accumulate powers and hope the other side doesn't cash out and roll you over.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 10:45:30 pm by Cinder »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: WinCon - A Simulation And Strategy Focused RPG System
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2018, 10:57:23 pm »

Um, wrong section?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: WinCon - A Simulation And Strategy Focused RPG System
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2018, 11:22:24 pm »

Um, wrong section?
Oops, fuck. Could've sworn I was in Creative Projects.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3