Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13

Author Topic: Altera Vita Academy, OOC thread  (Read 24392 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Altera Vita Academy, OOC thread
« Reply #75 on: June 15, 2018, 07:09:02 am »

Full charge actually refers to using the sheath to defend against attacks. It eventually charges up and can be used to deal a blow far stronger than normal, depending on what was blocked.

At the current level, it only blocks kinetic energy. And it is a single blow.

Sonics-Edge is applied to weapons usually to boost their damage. It creates a cutting edge of sound, vibrating its target into parting. It could also be applied to your hands, if you wanted to cut something.

Sonics-Bow creates a string that can impart kinetic energy onto the arrow. Just draw it back to aim, and release.

It is assuming it's a quick action in combat. Sonics-Bullet Blast is using the sheath in it's Bullit Form to send a blastwave of compressed sound.

This of course means it can be used in this form to propel Kana Blanc around. Actually firing it is going o knock her off her feet otherwise.

Bow form is the only one that needs Sonics to function. The other blade forms all have an edge already, not counting Sonics-Edge.

Creating new skills with my Psyche requires research obviously. As does refining them.
 Plus they would likely work by giving me a new combat slot or 2 each level. I can only have so many active at a time on me after all.

Mastering any of the basic Sonics should also grant me a free slot, since I know that program inside and out by then.

Angel Player uses sound to start with. But mastering Aetheric Courses could give me new options to program in.

Sound to Kinectic- is the primary option basically. But Sound to Fire AND/NOT Kinetic is like the above mentioned.

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 15, 2018, 09:54:58 pm »

Full charge actually refers to using the sheath to defend against attacks. It eventually charges up and can be used to deal a blow far stronger than normal, depending on what was blocked.

At the current level, it only blocks kinetic energy. And it is a single blow.

Sonics-Edge is applied to weapons usually to boost their damage. It creates a cutting edge of sound, vibrating its target into parting. It could also be applied to your hands, if you wanted to cut something.

Sonics-Bow creates a string that can impart kinetic energy onto the arrow. Just draw it back to aim, and release.

It is assuming it's a quick action in combat. Sonics-Bullet Blast is using the sheath in it's Bullit Form to send a blastwave of compressed sound.

This of course means it can be used in this form to propel Kana Blanc around. Actually firing it is going o knock her off her feet otherwise.

Bow form is the only one that needs Sonics to function. The other blade forms all have an edge already, not counting Sonics-Edge.

Creating new skills with my Psyche requires research obviously. As does refining them.
 Plus they would likely work by giving me a new combat slot or 2 each level. I can only have so many active at a time on me after all.

Mastering any of the basic Sonics should also grant me a free slot, since I know that program inside and out by then.

Angel Player uses sound to start with. But mastering Aetheric Courses could give me new options to program in.

Sound to Kinectic- is the primary option basically. But Sound to Fire AND/NOT Kinetic is like the above mentioned.

Thanks for clearing that up with me. I'm going to sent you a link to Discord so that you can discuss the roleplay with us. Also, since the turn is about to end, you may go ahead and submit at least five progress-dependent action at the roleplay here. Thanks for joining and good hunting!

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 18, 2018, 12:15:06 am »

Okay guys. Partly good news. I am back partially but the bad news is that I can't acess discord
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 18, 2018, 09:15:32 am »

Okay guys. Partly good news. I am back partially but the bad news is that I can't acess discord

It's okay. Whenever I update this thing, I'll send you a PM to inform you that I did so if you can't get back on by then.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 01, 2018, 08:52:08 am »

Strange days. Stuck on my low, memory phone, but it seems back.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 01, 2018, 06:46:10 pm »

(I kinda wish Lemmy set his own room on fire.)

Also, maybe the wall should have died due to negative stats.  Then just reset the penalty and continue.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 01, 2018, 07:29:03 pm »

Not that unlucky. Push on through!

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 01, 2018, 08:04:31 pm »

(I kinda wish Lemmy set his own room on fire.)

Also, maybe the wall should have died due to negative stats.  Then just reset the penalty and continue.

To die, all she has to do is roll five 1's in the same week, though only her progress on the current level of her action would be resetted by five successes.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 02, 2018, 05:13:06 am »

..that's 1/7776 odds.  Maybe a little too unlikely?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 05:16:26 am by Devastator »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 02, 2018, 06:46:26 am »

Don't we get 3 Progress rolls each week though?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 02, 2018, 07:23:47 am »

It's five rolls + 1/5 your stat.  Each group of five rolls counts as a 'week.'
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 09:46:57 pm by Devastator »

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 03, 2018, 08:30:32 pm »

I could always ask for a bathtub full of magma and go swimming or something equally ludicrous
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 03, 2018, 09:54:00 pm »

Nah, it's not that, I just wanted to read a description of a death in training, but at those odds it'll never happen.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 24, 2018, 11:35:18 pm »

..that's 1/7776 odds.  Maybe a little too unlikely?
NEVER TELL ME THE ODDS!

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 24, 2018, 11:36:14 pm »

I just had to take that opportunity.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13