Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: Altera Vita Academy, OOC thread  (Read 24385 times)

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
Re: Altera Vita Academy, OOC thread
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2018, 11:26:36 am »

I'm interested in joining, but I need some time to fill out the sheet. Doing it via phone is a bit too hard for my taste.

Take all the time you need.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2018, 04:29:53 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 04:55:20 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Hibou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2018, 05:47:42 pm »

Are weapons supposed to be thematically consistent with your character or would they be something your character comes up with/would think would be cool?

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2018, 11:27:14 pm »

Are weapons supposed to be thematically consistent with your character or would they be something your character comes up with/would think would be cool?

Whichever you want provided that it's capable of both melee and ranged attacks.

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2018, 11:44:13 pm »

Everything looks great thus far. Of course you don't have to add the bit about the Vice.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2018, 04:14:51 am »

Everything looks great thus far. Of course you don't have to add the bit about the Vice.
It's there to balance out the fact that my might/accuracy rolls will be almost doubled in some cases, and reinforce that he's meant to take out one target are a time.  I'm assuming there are existing penalties or restrictions on targeting multiple enemies in the same turn unless it's some sort of swarm marked as one unit.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2018, 06:28:24 am »

Well, this seems interesting.

I’ll be watching this thread for now.

I went and made a sheet for this. Feel free to inform me of any problems.

Edit: Also, note that the Psyche is still subject to change. There's a couple of other ideas I'm also playing around with - I just wanted to have something on the sheet.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 06:44:28 am by BlitzDungeoneer »
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2018, 04:28:28 pm »

Well, this seems interesting.

I’ll be watching this thread for now.

Everything looks great so far! Based on the description of your Psyche, you're basically using your Willpower, the sum of your mental determination, to boost a magical attack to make it 'Go Even Further Beyond' its normal power see what I did there? XP. This would not only mean that it's good for the same round you're using the magical attack in question but would involve using some of your Willpower to do so, having some remaining for any Willpower checks in the same round.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2018, 04:35:57 pm »

-snip-

Everything looks great so far! Based on the description of your Psyche, you're basically using your Willpower, the sum of your mental determination, to boost a magical attack to make it 'Go Even Further Beyond' its normal power see what I did there? XP. This would not only mean that it's good for the same round you're using the magical attack in question but would involve using some of your Willpower to do so, having some remaining for any Willpower checks in the same round.
That's the idea, yeah. Is the sheet good to go in its current state, then?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2018, 04:42:04 pm »

-snip-

That's the idea, yeah. Is the sheet good to go in its current state, then?

It certainly is. I'd even updated the Google Drive files and the Player list.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2018, 04:51:17 pm »

so now that we have players in plural, does this mean an IC thread will be up soon?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2018, 05:27:57 pm »

PTW, might make a sheet somewhere this week if I find the time (and after actually reading the OP instead of skimming it).

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2018, 06:40:50 pm »

so now that we have players in plural, does this mean an IC thread will be up soon?

I'm thinking about waiting for at least 6 people to sign up before I start

Hibou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2018, 10:28:59 pm »

Alright, here's the character sheet.

Spoiler: Jun Yeung (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 12:10:29 am by Hibou »

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2018, 09:18:45 pm »

Alright, here's the character sheet.

Spoiler: Jun Yeung (click to show/hide)

Everything's looks great! Just as a note: your character will start out with being able to use only two connecting portals for the same of balance. Other than that, your app looks good!

Also, @Dustan Hache, I'd just realized that your character's Psyche could be overpowering. Would you like to have a duration or some other condition?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 09:41:55 pm by Sir Elventide »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13