Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.44.07 Released  (Read 59339 times)

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Dwarf Fortress 0.44.07 Released
« on: March 12, 2018, 07:44:23 pm »

Download (Click refresh on your browser if it doesn't show up)

This is a stability patch for the last release.  A few raid-related crashes are fixed, as well as some strange behavior related to stolen livestock.  To get the full fix for stolen livestock, old saves will need to add [PET] to beak dogs and unicorns.  This isn't crucial; if it isn't done, those animals will no longer be stolen in that save.  But if you were experiencing the bug, the existing animals will be broken until the tag is added.

Major bug fixes
   (*) Fixed crash from returning certain kinds of contained loot
   (*) Fixed crash from exploring entity-free site
   (*) Stopped certain failed tribute raids from staying out forever
   (*) Stopped certain stolen livestock from being treated like half-citizens

Other bug fixes/tweaks
   (*) Fixed sieger behavior that caused them to mill around outside for too long
   (*) Stopped stolen livestock from being attacked after they are named
   (*) Fixed failure to give half of the one-time tribute items
   (*) Allowed military tactics as starting skill choice on embark
   (*) Corrected one-time tribute text
   (*) Made it produce a proper spoils report if only livestock are stolen
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.44.07 Released
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 08:00:28 pm »

Nice. Good to see. :3
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 08:35:30 pm »

Thanks Toady!

Trying it right now.

alpha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2018, 09:05:05 pm »

Thanks. Trying, going to see if random freezing on linux is gone.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2018, 10:13:30 pm »

Great work!

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2018, 10:29:13 pm »

Thanks. Trying, going to see if random freezing on linux is gone.

It's quite possibly still a problem.  If it gets up on the bug tracker (didn't see it, hopefully somebody has made a report) people can more easily compare notes and hopefully we can get a good save for it.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2018, 10:48:48 pm »

Thanks!
(Devblog page is missing the word [PET]. Currently reads "old saves will need to add to beak dogs and unicorns. ").

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2018, 11:42:29 pm »

Now that visitors were fixed in .06, they're cycling quite often and I'm seeing some funny stuff paying a visit. Like this Great Horned Owl Man Scholar that is flying in the sky, stuck midair and unable to land to actually visit the fort :D

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2018, 01:12:33 am »

Download (Click refresh on your browser if it doesn't show up)

Other bug fixes/tweaks
   (*) Fixed sieger behavior that caused them to mill around outside for too long
   (*) Allowed military tactics as starting skill choice on embark

That's what I'm talking about Dr. Toady One.  :)
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2018, 08:19:39 am »

Nope. Pillaging bandit camps and necromancer towers works on both 44.06 and 44.07(didn't tested on 44.05 save yet), demanding tribute (both types, i think) does not on either. If demanding tribute from necromancers and bandits is unintended thing, i think it's possible to just place "what tribute you want from this ones, you cuckoo?" or something like that instead. Don't remember if monster lairs are revealed in the same fashion, but if yes, someone should test them too.
Pillaged necromancer tower.
1. It seems your dwarfs can't kill more enemies in one "encounter" then their number. I.e. If you sent 7 dwarfs to raid necromancer tower, and they are encountered 30 zombies, they will kill 7 and never more.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
2. Necromancers are total pushovers in off-site dwarf mode. 7 proficient axedwarfs in copper managed to kill two necromancers and a freaking lot of zombies with only one casualty.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 08:28:55 am by MCreeper »

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2018, 01:25:56 pm »

1. It seems your dwarfs can't kill more enemies in one "encounter" then their number. I.e. If you sent 7 dwarfs to raid necromancer tower, and they are encountered 30 zombies, they will kill 7 and never more.

Funnily enough, while raiding a 10~ population elf site, i got attacked by 18 giant grizzly bears before i even encountered their masters, so maybe zombies need a re-tweak to either not be accounted for or be forced to appear a implicit support for their necromancers. Its a pity there's no generic loot to be gained from empty and non-civilised sites besides the special dropped kind, but its still nice to be free to poke around ruinous settlements.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 01:30:21 pm by FantasticDorf »

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2018, 01:29:49 pm »

Also there are another "grammar" thing - "... clashed with a single animated leopard man, slaying them"

Funnily enough, while raiding a 10~ population elf site, i got attacked by 18 giant grizzly bears before i even encountered their masters, so maybe zombies need a re-tweak to either not be accounted for or be forced to appear a implicit support for their necromancers. Its a pity there's no generic loot to be gained from empty and non-civilised sites besides the special dropped kind, but its still nice to be free to poke around ruinous settlements.
I had better. I attacked dark goblin fortress with ~80 goblins, and my squad was captured and led to a prison by 52 boars. Not before demon boss killed few of them, though.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 01:33:49 pm by MCreeper »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2018, 03:32:35 pm »

Also there are another "grammar" thing - "... clashed with a single animated leopard man, slaying them"
That's not necessarily incorrect. Also, it might be an "unimportant" leopard man, in which case the gender might not be stored anyway (not entirely sure about that, though).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2018, 05:04:40 pm »

That's not necessarily incorrect. Also, it might be an "unimportant" leopard man, in which case the gender might not be stored anyway (not entirely sure about that, though).
Unless the leopard man was reanimated as multiple parts, plural is incorrect, while neutrum ("it") would be the best fit for a critter of unknown gender. However, plural is used as a "work around" to avoid having to dig up the appropriate gender word in the thoughts screen as well if I'm not mistaken, so there's a precedent for it.

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2018, 05:17:29 pm »

Let's hope for stress system fixes and the erratic military equipping issues to be part of .08  8)
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.
Pages: [1] 2 3