Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.44.07 Released  (Read 59429 times)

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.44.07 Released
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2018, 05:45:36 pm »

Let's hope for stress system fixes and the erratic military equipping issues to be part of .08  8)
Personally id just like weapon racks and such to be functional so that it was simplified like a dwarf's personal effects (in their rooms) but thats just wishful thinking kind of like your desires for .08 until we hear anything more about it.  :D

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2018, 06:07:04 pm »

Yay for fast releases.
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2018, 06:33:02 pm »

Unless the leopard man was reanimated as multiple parts, plural is incorrect, while neutrum ("it") would be the best fit for a critter of unknown gender. However, plural is used as a "work around" to avoid having to dig up the appropriate gender word in the thoughts screen as well if I'm not mistaken, so there's a precedent for it.
Singular "they" is a valid thing, however divisive it may be. You may be right that it's used for convenience, but I don't know what Toady's intention is there.

DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2018, 01:04:47 am »

Pedant though I am, I have to own that grammar has never been DF's strong suite; it doesn't even have a/an distinction! Don't get me wrong, I'd love for the game to be more syntactically rigorous, but this isn't particularly egregious by its standards.
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2018, 01:14:50 am »

Another example: in creature description you would see "His guts is bruised." instead of "His guts are bruised.", since DF assumes all body parts are singular.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2018, 02:17:25 am »

Another example: in creature description you would see "His guts is bruised." instead of "His guts are bruised.", since DF assumes all body parts are singular.
That's the 39th oldest reported issue in Mantis.
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

alpha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2018, 02:24:20 am »

Thanks. Trying, going to see if random freezing on linux is gone.

It's quite possibly still a problem.  If it gets up on the bug tracker (didn't see it, hopefully somebody has made a report) people can more easily compare notes and hopefully we can get a good save for it.

You were right about this - started a new embark and still freezing. Can not pinpoint any specific reason.

This seems to be the relevant bug http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=10615

Stimraug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2018, 11:37:26 am »

RAW changes?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2018, 02:44:34 pm »

Yes. See "file changes.txt". [PET] was added to a few creatures, not sure if there was other stuff.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2018, 04:46:41 pm »

Yes. See "file changes.txt". [PET] was added to a few creatures, not sure if there was other stuff.

Alcohol was changed to a correct reading of a improper value that made dwarves +50 more private (edited, i misread)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 04:48:16 pm by FantasticDorf »

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2018, 05:39:29 pm »

Alcohol was changed to a correct reading of a improper value that made dwarves +50 more private (edited, i misread)
No it wasn't. The raws were correct, thus were not changed. Only the internal code reading it was changed to read it correctly.

alpha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2018, 05:40:44 pm »

Here are the backtraces from Linux version 0.44.07 obtained in "game is permanently frozen but sound is still playing" state.

If you could provide an unstripped build with debug symols on (gcc -ggdb) we would get to the bottom of this much quicker.

Threads
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thread 1 backtrace

Thread 2 backtrace

Thread 3 backtrace

Thread 4 backtrace

Thread 5 backtrace

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2018, 08:41:19 am »

Is it just me, or do table and chair assignments get cleared erroneously sometimes? On civs-to-burrows command or on load game.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2018, 06:52:51 pm »

If you could provide an unstripped build with debug symols on (gcc -ggdb) we would get to the bottom of this much quicker.
He did this once accidentally and took down the build quickly, so that probably won't happen.

alpha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2018, 12:54:11 am »

He did this once accidentally and took down the build quickly, so that probably won't happen.

That's very unfortunate.

Anyway, I hope the backtraces above will help fixing this issue soon. The list of addresses in thread 3 should provide a fairly good idea of what is happening there.
Pages: 1 [2] 3